• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FB and IG down worldwide

Not being tech savvy, but reading about all those hackers that hold schools/hospitals/municipalities hostage for Bitcoin and such...

Why aren't places like FB/Google/ IG/Amazon/MySpace/Napster hacked day-in and day-out 24/7 ?

Not being tech savvy, but reading about all those hackers that hold schools/hospitals/municipalities hostage for Bitcoin and such...

Why aren't places like FB/Google/ IG/Amazon/MySpace/Napster hacked day-in and day-out 24/7 ?
Napster? Lol

Well, Google and Faceplant don’t get hacked much at all because they’re arguably the largest and most powerful software companies in the world.

Both also offer rewards for finding flaws in their security systems. $10k and up IIRC.

Napster? Lol

Well, Google and Faceplant don’t get hacked much at all because they’re arguably the largest and most powerful software companies in the world.

Both also offer rewards for finding flaws in their security systems. $10k and up IIRC.
Yeah, my skillset is a little "dated"... [rofl]

As to the hacking; I figured there would be white-hats (they still call them that?) who would be trying to take down these Giants for the good of The World...

About 20 years ago a cousin of mine singlehandedly took down Redmond (Microsoft). She was in a new cube and she was tasked with stress testing NT. The telecom guys mislabeled the plugs. She first realized there was a issue when Bill Gates (and 20 others) walked in her office. She kept her job. Lol

You know, if I run nslookup on my computer with a DNS server of 127.0.0.1 I get the same responce no matter what domain I put in.

The post is fake BS, run it agains a few public DNS servers, then you might have something. More likely some will be OK others not. DNS isn't free from flaws.

I just used a web based DNS lookup, checked it first by hitting a few that should be there, (GOOGLE.COM, MEWE.COM, www.city-data.com), and they returned IPs. FACEBOOK.COM returned the error below:

1633380967443.png

Back
Top Bottom