FB Radom Vis 100 M1

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

FB Radom - VIS-100 M1 9mm Pistol - ETA Late 2021

FB Radom VIS-100 M1 Pistol For Sale - AtlanticFirearms.com

Looks like Arms of America and Atlantic Firearms are going to be bringing in FB Radom Vis 100 M1 pistols this year or next year. The Vis 100 is FB's final version of the PR-15 Ragun project and Poland's new service pistol as of 2018, 2019. FB is contracted to make 26,500 service pistols as of now, so something of a small production run in comparison to the M17 and M18, for instance (200k). The Vis 100 M1 is the commercial version and has already been released on the Polish commercial market.

I'm going to pick one up from AOA or Atlantic when they arrive. My interest is purely to round out my FB Radom collection - I have a wz. 29 and a new Beryl 7.62 S M1 and both are very nice. I intend to get a Beryl in .223 once more become available, as well.

1623495455705.png

Interesting. Kinda pricy though.

I've got a couple of Radoms. A Nazi wz 35 and a newer Mag-98. The Mag-98 is so ugly and chunky that I like it a lot.

If I ever break the Mag-98, I'll likely be out of luck on the parts department. IMO, that is one of the problems with these foreign pistols.

Interesting. Kinda pricy though.

I've got a couple of Radoms. A Nazi wz 35 and a newer Mag-98. The Mag-98 is so ugly and chunky that I like it a lot.

If I ever break the Mag-98, I'll likely be out of luck on the parts department. IMO, that is one of the problems with these foreign pistols.

I don't find the price excessive. Its an optics-ready aluminum DA/SA pistol made to a high quality, if its anything like their Beryl rifles. The closest comparison would be the Beretta 92 and the only way to get one of those optics-ready is to get a $1500+ Langdon.

Regardless, the Vis 100 is mostly going to appeal to FB/Polish collectors, so price isn't really a big factor. Its not like these are being brought in by the thousands as surplus.

I don't find the price excessive. Its an optics-ready aluminum DA/SA pistol made to a high quality, if its anything like their Beryl rifles. The closest comparison would be the Beretta 92 and the only way to get one of those optics-ready is to get a $1500+ Langdon.

Regardless, the Vis 100 is mostly going to appeal to FB/Polish collectors, so price isn't really a big factor. Its not like these are being brought in by the thousands as surplus.

I suppose. Of course, I got the 35 for free and the Mag-98 for $299, so I guess that is where I was coming from.

I may pick one of these up when they come in. I like smaller brand 9x19 stuff from Europe.

1633342212929.png

I might just say screw it and get a hot pink Vis 100...

...but seriously, I'm getting one in whatever colors AOA and Atlantic import. No updates yet from them regarding when the guns are coming in.

FB Radom - VIS-100 M1 9mm Pistol - ETA Late 2021

FB Radom VIS-100 M1 Pistol For Sale - AtlanticFirearms.com

Looks like Arms of America and Atlantic Firearms are going to be bringing in FB Radom Vis 100 M1 pistols this year or next year. The Vis 100 is FB's final version of the PR-15 Ragun project and Poland's new service pistol as of 2018, 2019. FB is contracted to make 26,500 service pistols as of now, so something of a small production run in comparison to the M17 and M18, for instance (200k). The Vis 100 M1 is the commercial version and has already been released on the Polish commercial market.

I'm going to pick one up from AOA or Atlantic when they arrive. My interest is purely to round out my FB Radom collection - I have a wz. 29 and a new Beryl 7.62 S M1 and both are very nice. I intend to get a Beryl in .223 once more become available, as well.

View attachment 491648
i like the old one better

Just a moment...

Polish article stating that 1,000 Vis 100 M1s were sold on the Polish commercial market between August 2020 and May 2021. FB Radom these days doesn't make many guns in terms of production numbers. The two Beryls I own are s/n 76 (7.62x39) and 265 (5.56x45).

In other words, once these go on sale, I'd say buy one ASAP. AOA and Atlantic say on their website that the next batch of FB rifles and parts are expected in December, so we should be seeing the Vis 100 M1 soon. Just a hunch.

I've been looking into red dots for this pistol and I'm leaning towards a MAKdot.

MAKdot 1x25 Reflex Sight

Hopefully, at some point, AOA and Atlantic can get some slides that aren't cut for optics mounts to allow for slide milling.

I have the original Polish vis ( no Nazi stuff for me) so this would be a great book end piece for me. I have been looking for the rifles here is mass and have had zero luck. Crossing fingers someone at the mill can get these in…

I have the original Polish vis ( no Nazi stuff for me) so this would be a great book end piece for me. I have been looking for the rifles here is mass and have had zero luck. Crossing fingers someone at the mill can get these in…

I'd love to get a pre-war Vis 35 myself, that's just going to be one expensive purchase. I'm debating whether I want to get into communist Polish guns or just stick to interwar and post-communist.

259157204_421879772642389_4697069963164911515_n.jpg

Recent photo of the Vis 100 M1s at a meeting between FB Radom and foreign military attaches in Poland.

Holy high bore axis, Batman! And the beaver tail forces a rather low grip on the frame.

If that’s your collecting niche, have at it. But objectively for that price, no thanks.

Holy high bore axis, Batman! And the beaver tail forces a rather low grip on the frame.

If that’s your collecting niche, have at it. But objectively for that price, no thanks.

Viewed purely from a "which gun is best" standpoint, I'd say Poland would've been better off adopting the Glock 17. Inexpensive, made in Austria - a fellow EU member, proven track record, and pretty much the world standard for a modern handgun. Maybe a CZ 75 or one of the polymer CZs.

That isn't how guns are selected, though. Poland adopts guns designed and built by FB Radom, with some exceptions like the BAR in the 20s and 30s and guns forced upon them, like the Mosin and AK. Although Poland did substantially modify the AK for their purposes in the 50s. This Vis 100 is descended from the MAG-98. Someone also wanted a DA/SA pistol in 2021, which is kind of weird these days when everything is going striker.

Even if the pistol handled and shot like a dream, very few people outside of the Polish and AK gun world are going to know about these guns. They're being sold (sometime soon hopefully) by two vendors, neither of whom are really well known. Meaning poor aftermarket support.

I want one because I want one and I love FB Radom guns - hell, I don't even like DA/SA guns lol

Looks like according to AOA's website, the Vis 100s are now expected in Q2 of 2022. Which is when the 7.62x39 Beryls dropped this year. Would've been nice to get one by the end of this year, but they did say 2021 or 2022 from the get-go.

Also, @kro77 - you may want to email AOA and Atlantic about ten round mags. I asked AOA about holster options and they're working on bringing in FB Radom holsters. I also suggested working with US holstermakers to get kydex holsters made and AOA thought that was a good idea. You might be able to get AOA or Atlantic to pin some standard capacity mags for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom