• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

federal .22lr

While looking for CCI I found out that they have some Remington .22 at Zero Hour Arms in easton if anyone is looking. (march 26th, 4:45pm)

I have a question though.
I actually have a couple thousand rounds of federal .22. I used to buy it all the time. BUT, I ran into an issue where the charge is not large enough to cycle the slide on the P22. I had many many jams while trying to use it. I Switched to CCI Blazer and it cleared right up in the P22.
My question is, has anyone used federal .22lr in a semi-auto with success? I was going to give it to my brother in-law or trade it with him as he has a .22 revolver, but maybe I'll try it in another gun...

Last edited:
They have some at Zero Hour Arms in easton if anyone is looking. (march 26th, 4:45pm)
My question is, has anyone used remington .22lr in a semi-auto with sucess? I was going to give it to my brother in-law or trade it with him as he has a .22 revolver, but maybe I'll try it in another gun...

Personally, I'd try it in a bonfire.

Federal American Eagle .22 stovepipes like crazy in my 10/22 I believe its not strong enough to cycle the bolt fully like OP says. I won't be buying it from now on.

Have never had an issue with Federal, Remington Thunderbolt jam in EVERY .22 I own.....won't even chamber correctly in my old single shot.

I gave all my Remington GB to my brother ,he uses it in his Marlin model 60 with no issues. It just would not work in my Ruger MKI or mkIII and my old Mossberg rifles didn't like it either. I solved my problems by using CCI Blazers and CCI Mini Mags in the Rugers and CCI standard velocity in the Mossberg rifles

They have some at Zero Hour Arms in easton if anyone is looking. (march 26th, 4:45pm)

I have a question though.
I actually have a couple thousand rounds of federal .22. I used to buy it all the time. BUT, I ran into an issue where the charge is not large enough to cycle the slide on the P22. I had many many jams while trying to use it. I Switched to CCI Blazer and it cleared right up in the P22.
My question is, has anyone used remington .22lr in a semi-auto with sucess? I was going to give it to my brother in-law or trade it with him as he has a .22 revolver, but maybe I'll try it in another gun...

I run Remington Golden Bullet through my Sig Mosquito and it runs nearly flawlessly with the occasional hiccup. The gun has about 15K rounds through it and it only liked Mini Mag in the beginning but now that it's broken in it's not fussy at all. If you're talking GB I'll buy it if you want to sell it.

Federal bulk ammo has worked well in every .22 I have tried it in.

CCI blazer seemed to be a little tight in chambering, and maybe didn't have much lubricant or something.

CCI mini-mags cycle well in everything.

Remington Thunderbolt did not work well for me , I avoid it now.

Federal bulk works great in my High Standard pistol, but stovepipes regularly in my 10/22, but that may be because I changed out the firing pin spring for a heavier Wolf spring.

Clarified the original post, was trying to get out the door. Thanks for the responses. I tried everything with the P22 to get it to fire federal, clp the slide, I even ran a couple hundred rounds of other ammo through it and tried the federal again with no luck. I am going to try it in one of my other guns if I get a chance, but I think I'll stick to the CCI as I have had no issues what so ever with it. On a side note, a friend of mine may have found some CCI mini mag in Rhode Island....I told him to grab me 1500 rounds if he could. Stay tuned...

mini mag or any of the cci hotter stuff all rung great in the p22...After you get 1000 or so rounds through it you can shoot anything.... I also have 7 or 8 thousands rounds though it with almost all mini mag i can only recall 3 or 4 malfunctions and i figure that was just because its rimfire ammo.

Federal always works just fine in my Ruger SR22. I don't ever buy Remington thunderbolt 22 because of problems with it in the past in other guns.

Last edited:
Remington sucks bad. Just picked up some federal bulk the other day, and haven't tried it yet, hopefully it cycles. CCI always runs well.

Back
Top Bottom