FEDERAL and AMERICAN EAGLE 45 AUTO SAFETY WARNING

Knob Creek

NES Member
Waiting on the call back. Left message friday. I have no lot number on my American eagle AE45A250 value pack ?

Recieved call late afternoon friday the 18th, women was very helpful. American eagle value packs are stamped on the inside flap(small letters) Tough to see as the loose ammo in the box sort smudged it.....I am out of the range of numbers on recall.

They have also updated the web site to make recall returns go easier.

They told me that these lots were made from September 2010 to February 2011, so if you bought them before then, you shouldn't be affected.

It's worth noting the verbiage in the recall.

Fed/Speer/CCI/ATK frequently issue recalls based on things like "possibly maybe some rounds could have gotten overcharged".

If I was going to make a WAG, they detected some kind of a powder metering problem on the line that makes this stuff, and then determined that problem extended for X lots, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all the ammo in those lots are bad, it just means they are potentially bad. It's cheaper for them to recall thousands of rounds of ammo than for them to risk the off chance that someone might have gotten a bad batch.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom