Federal Gun Show Ban? Seems like a fake article

slap shot

NES Member
http://associatedmediacoverage.com/wake-orlando-shooting-government-announces-federal-ban-gun-shows/

Not being reported anywhere else, I think we'd have heard something.

In response to recent gun violence throughout the United States, the Obama administration has announced plans to institute a ‘temporary’ ban on all gun shows. The ban was ultimately put in motion by the Obama administration, however was initially drafted by the ATF or Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

dafuq?

According to government officials, the ban on gun shows will officially begin on 11/4/16 and minimally will be in effect until late 2018.

Maybe this should be in off topic.

Last edited:
I have heard that Snopes has a libtard bent

Yes.

If they can't completely refute some piece of information that is 100% conservative or libertarian, they will only concede partial truth or some bs like that. It has a clear liberal / progressive agenda, which is a shame because I was hopeful for a non-biased site.

Yes.

If they can't completely refute some piece of information that is 100% conservative or libertarian, they will only concede partial truth or some bs like that. It has a clear liberal / progressive agenda, which is a shame because I was hopeful for a non-biased site.

Pull up their "My Muslim Faith" that obama stated. They go into gyrations trying to excuse it. WeenieBoi Georgie Stephanopoulos was confounded by the Maggot in Chief saying it...but "Snopes" explained it for the Useful Idiots. When anybody says "Snopes Says", I automatically assume they're a friggin moron.

Sounds like a bunch of alarmist crap probably leaked out by the industry...

-Mike

Pull up their "My Muslim Faith" that obama stated. They go into gyrations trying to excuse it. WeenieBoi Georgie Stephanopoulos was confounded by the Maggot in Chief saying it...but "Snopes" explained it for the Useful Idiots. When anybody says "Snopes Says", I automatically assume they're a friggin moron.

Except that when it comes to non political shit, Snopes is pretty reliable, and they cite sources, etc. A lot of stupid email forwards etc debunked by them. Like all those fake George Carlin letters, etc. (which, BTW, were also corroborated as being fake by Carlin's own website at one point, etc. )

-Mike

There is no such thing as a completely unbiased source, when that source is controlled by a human. Snopes is certainly no different. That said, they do try to keep to the verifiable facts, at least where non-political urban legends are concerned.

id agree but record gun sales 2 years running? More like wishful thinking from the antis is what I was thinking.

I'm not going full tinfoil here, but you do realize, that when the market goes full retard, and then they get to engage in various well orchestrated price gouging schemes (or even if we don't call it gouging, we'll call it speculative profiteering) the mid levels make shitloads of money? (particularly when $800 ARs become $1200 ARs for seemingly no apparent reason) I wouldn't put it past them to put this stuff on half-fake websites, then start sending it around to tinfoil hat knitting circle/alcoa investors club, types. There's a definite movement to stoke hysteria even in advance of the election. They want the consumer to "blow their wad" ASAP, because on the off chance the door swings the other way, it might be years before they get a chance to rape like that again.

-Mike

Last edited:
Every news source I've read or heard for months, even real ones, has been reporting about the record rise in gun sales. It shouldn't be a shock at this point.

And yes, we'd have heard about this by now. You really think MSNBC and CNN wouldn't have been all over a genuine story about the administration somehow banning gun shows? As if they even could?

Back
Top Bottom