Federal Operation Seizes Over 42,800 Illegal Firearm Silencers Smuggled From China

Reptile

NES Member
A federal operation, dubbed the “silent night” operation, has seized 42,888 illegal firearm silencers smuggled into the United States from China, according to a report released by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

The report (pdf) states that a total of 4,868 firearms had been seized and 204 criminals were arrested as of March 2022. The silent night operation was launched in 2019 to keep dangerous weapon components off the streets.

“The operation is led by the HSI’s [Homeland Security Investigations] National Targeting Center-Investigations, and targets the manufacturer, supply chain, and end-users of these illegal weapon components,” it said.

Federal authorities have also shut down websites that sell illegal gun silencers and worked with Chinese officials to halt their manufacturing, NBC News reported, citing federal law enforcement officials.

Stacey Whitehead, an inspector with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, said that while shipments of illegal gun silencers from China continue, the threat had evolved due to the supply of foreign silencers being delayed amid the crackdown.

Whitehead further noted that authorities are on the lookout for unlicensed U.S. manufacturers who are replacing Chinese sellers threatened by the federal operation, as well as 3D-printed silencers.

Silencers are tubes that attach to the barrel of a firearm and contain baffles that reduce the weapon’s recoil and can quiet a gunshot.

According to a 10-year study published in 2007 by the Western Criminology Review, silencers are rarely used in crimes. Researchers estimated silencers were involved in 30 to 40 of the 75,000 federal criminal cases filed each year. The study found only two federal cases involving a silencer used in murders.

I wonder if aliexpress provided them transaction details. Otherwise not obvious how could they trace those 43k purchases.

I'm pretty sure that packages from China get xrayed when they come into the country. So they can probably find them there and as for buying I wouldn't be surprised if people bought it all on the wish app.

This is so ridiculous.

We should embrace New Zealand’s position on silencers: completely unregulated. A 10 year old in New Zealand can walk out of a gun store with a silencer without any record keeping if any sort.

This is so ridiculous.

We should embrace New Zealand’s position on silencers: completely unregulated. A 10 year old in New Zealand can walk out of a gun store with a silencer without any record keeping if any sort.
Would be even better if you could have a gun where to screw that silencer onto. Eff NZ.

Silencers heard from China? That’s a contradiction in terms!

Until the Progressives and Liberal Democrats are out, Biden’s ATF and DOJ will be prosecuting Ghost Guns, oil filters, aftermarket parts, et., well beyond limits set by law. Fortunately, policy can be reversed much more quickly than laws.

Last edited:
It's insane they're regulated in the US at all, let alone so heavily.
Politicians took quite seriously all those iron sights shooters promising 1 mile long headshots. How can you deal with such a deadly threat if it is also silent?

I'm pretty sure that packages from China get xrayed when they come into the country. So they can probably find them there and as for buying I wouldn't be surprised if people bought it all on the wish app.
I bought a knockoff Red Dot from China about 10 years ago and when I received the package it, it had tape on it saying the package was searched. I don't know why they just didn't xray it or if they did, did something show up?

Let this be a lesson fella - BUILD YOUR OWN. Don't buy 'parts that aren't but are'. This summer should be fun filled with late night events, light shows and many, many bonfires.

When are these guys going to get busted for selling silencers ???
They have the ones that'll fit on the largest caliber guns made!

midas-mufflers-automotive-car-repair-260nw-1512308141.jpg

Let this be a lesson fella - BUILD YOUR OWN. Don't buy 'parts that aren't but are'. This summer should be fun filled with late night events, light shows and many, many bonfires.
If one wants a true titanium one - it is not easy to produce with home tools.
Still- psgwsp.

Federal authorities have also shut down websites that sell illegal gun silencers and worked with Chinese officials to halt their manufacturing, NBC News reported, citing federal law enforcement officials. ... Whitehead further noted that authorities are on the lookout for unlicensed U.S. manufacturers who are replacing Chinese sellers threatened by the federal operation, ...
Meh, weak.

Everyone knows the successful business plan
is ChiCom-owned factories in Mexico churning out product
that is then smuggled over the southern land border.

Even the Feds know that.
Which is why that is not what they are on the lookout for.

I'm pretty sure that packages from China get xrayed when they come into the country. ...
You seen one container of "machine parts",
you've seen them all...

I bought a knockoff Red Dot from China about 10 years ago and when I received the package it, it had tape on it saying the package was searched. I don't know why they just didn't xray it or if they did, did something show up?
As if the "tape" was placed by actual customs inspectors.

The package also contained a bag of fentanyl powder.
The smugglers on the receiving end open the package,
remove the drugs that were cushioning your Red Dot,
tape it back up with that "inspection sticker",
and send it on in the mail to you.

They probably counted every washer/baffle. It would make more sense to go to a hardware store than involve yourself an international smuggling ring.
I wouldn't put it past someone, I saw some crazy stuff working with HSI. We did a NFL and other big name counterfeit operation. Counterfeit Superbowl rings on the racks for $20, valued at the real ring's cost. When I submitted the report to my chain of command, my phone rang 5 minutes later. It was a big number.

we vote for Daddy Trump so he could protect our hearing and honor the spirit of the second amendment
anybody who voted for trump expecting a hereditional newyorker owner class offspring to be a pro-second amendment was a complete idiot.
the only people he accepts the rights to bear arms are his personal bodyguards.

What was our other option though.
never was any other options. owners never want dirty proles to be armed.
or have any rights at all for what that matters.

you are a slave, and you can vote and choose a bad owner, or slightly better owner. that is the only choice you`ve got.

Back
Top Bottom