Feds Indict Boogaloo Sympathizer for Selling Tools That Turn AR-Style Rifles Into Machine Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

NES Member
The man allegedly used a 3D printer to manufacture the parts and advertised them using code words to avoid detection.

The anti-government Boogaloo movement just lost a source of firepower, after one of their own was indicted on federal charges for providing the Hawaiian-shirt-clad insurgents with accessories that could transform their regular AR-style rifles into illegal machine guns.
Federal authorities say Timothy Watson, 30, was part of the Boogaloo movement, which fantasizes about a bloody uprising or second civil war, and sold adherents “drop-in auto sears” that he manufactured using a 3D printer.

Don't blame me!

I'm just posing the article!

16isa0.jpg

Why tho?

Look at the North Hollywood Bank robbery. How many people did the robbers kill? 0.
Put a lot of lead downrange, but barely hit anyone considering. Yes, some were hit, but I forget the round count, almost as bad as Viet Nam when it comes to rounds per kill.

"In reality, the devices customize firearms to allow users to unleash a hail of gunfire with a single pull of the trigger instead of having to manually reload between shots."

Not sure what reality the VICE reporter is living in.

"In reality, the devices customize firearms to allow users to unleash a hail of gunfire with a single pull of the trigger instead of having to manually reload between shots."

the PlayStation reality you press circle to reload. They also have cheat codes left,left,up,down,right x, x square, o, triangle then you get the infinite ammo cheat

Last edited:
Why tho?

Look at the North Hollywood Bank robbery. How many people did the robbers kill? 0.
Put a lot of lead downrange, but barely hit anyone considering. Yes, some were hit, but I forget the round count, almost as bad as Viet Nam when it comes to rounds per kill.
Indeed. Several novels with former military sniper characters quote the stat. Some over 100 round per kill for the grunt troops.
Some closer to 2:1 for snipers.

Turns out he DID. And then DIDN'T!!!!!

Why tho?

First, suppressive fire. Second - that's cherry-picking. LV was 61 dead. Still pretty low considering the round-count. But it's also STILL 61 dead people.

I'm all for full-auto. But I'm not sure we should go down the "they won't kill many" path. LOL

the PlayStation reality you press square to reload

LOL. Been so long since I've actually played (2-3 years) that I forget what the buttons look like. I hate when it says "Press L2." "DAMMIT! Which one is L2 again??? What's my left???" L3 is the pisser. "L3??? THERE ISN'T A THIRD BUTTON!!!" (Press the left joystick. My son had to tell me, like 5x before I remembered.)

It's all right there. A 3D printed piece of plastic turns a break action single shot into an M61 Vulcan, including unlimited ammo. lol.

Why won't people who are going to write about guns bother to learn anything about them? If they were just tossing erroneous facts about any other topic out on the internet, there'd be a retraction in a day's time.

... If they were just tossing erroneous facts about any other topic out on the internet, there'd be a retraction in a day's time.

The left has agreed guns must be banned no matter the facts, so any discussion of the facts is pedantic and mansplaining.

The left has agreed guns must be banned no matter the facts, so any discussion of the facts is pedantic and mansplaining.

That should never permeate mass media, particularly for a company that is, allegedly, some sort of news company (though I think Vice is trash). But yeah, I get it. Agenda driven coverage.

On a separate note, I don't condone what this guy did and think he's a dumb ass for trying to pull that off, but do wonder what the legal implications would have been if the "wall hook" required owner modification before use, like an 80% part. Maybe the creator added all sorts of lips and fins on the part that would make it impossible to install and would require the owner to cut them off.

The man allegedly used a 3D printer to manufacture the parts and advertised them using code words to avoid detection.

The anti-government Boogaloo movement just lost a source of firepower, after one of their own was indicted on federal charges for providing the Hawaiian-shirt-clad insurgents with accessories that could transform their regular AR-style rifles into illegal machine guns.
Federal authorities say Timothy Watson, 30, was part of the Boogaloo movement, which fantasizes about a bloody uprising or second civil war, and sold adherents “drop-in auto sears” that he manufactured using a 3D printer.

Don't blame me!

I'm just posing the article!

Dupe The FBI Says ‘Boogaloo’ Extremists Bought 3D-Printed Machine Gun Parts

LOL. Been so long since I've actually played (2-3 years) that I forget what the buttons look like. I hate when it says "Press L2." "DAMMIT! Which one is L2 again??? What's my left???" L3 is the pisser. "L3??? THERE ISN'T A THIRD BUTTON!!!" (Press the left joystick. My son had to tell me, like 5x before I remembered.)
I kept pressing by L3 as far as I could and still died then realized I was pressing the wrong button. I’ll go back to Pac-Man or bubble bobble

Indeed. Several novels with former military sniper characters quote the stat. Some over 100 round per kill for the grunt troops.
Some closer to 2:1 for snipers.

I think the number for front line troops may have been closer to 50,000 rounds fired per enemy killed.

I kept pressing by L3 as far as I could and still died then realized I was pressing the wrong button. I’ll go back to Pac-Man or bubble bobble

The article is new though. Vice seems very slow in catching stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom