Feinstein's new AWB bill released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
Feinstein has released what will be in her bill http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Most of it is just Massachusetts on steroids, but I have a couple quesitons

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans [Massachusetts] by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic [bayonet lug] test;

Isn't Mass already 1 characteristic, I may be wrong

They are talking about ALL guns with a detachable magazine, Bayonet lugs are a AW characteristic, so will my 1942 Enfield #4 with a bayonet lug suddenly be an assault weapon, same with all those Mosin Nagants everyone has been snapping up?

The other thing that bothers me is the reguirement that all grandfathered weapons will have to be registered with BATF under the NFA including permission from your local chief, another chance for them to say you can't have it!

and if we have to register them with BATF under the NFA will we have to pay the $200 tax on every gun? [crying]

Feinstein has released what will be in her bill http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Most of it is just Massachusetts on steroids, but I have a couple quesitons

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans [Massachusetts] by:
Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic [bayonet lug] test;

Isn't Mass already 1 characteristic, I may be wrong

They are talking about ALL guns with a detachable magazine, Bayonet lugs are a AW characteristic, so will my 1942 Enfield #4 with a bayonet lug suddenly be an assault weapon, same with all those Mosin Nagants everyone has been snapping up?

The other thing that bothers me is the reguirement that all grandfathered weapons will have to be registered with BATF under the NFA including permission from your local chief, another chance for them to say you can't have it!

and if we have to register them with BATF under the NFA will we have to pay the $200 tax on every gun? [crying]

Just say NO !

and IBTL .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom