Fellow LEO's, Get moving

In another thread, a fellow Agent was killed yesterday. I, like many LEO's, am not in the best of shape anymore. I was in the process of getting back into some kind of shape before this happened, but this event has hardened my resolve.

You don't know when someone will try you. You don't know if it will be more than one person, like what happened to my co-worker. All you can do is get yourself ready. Drop the donut, skip the coffee. Drink water instead of that Mountain Dew (or limit it to just a 20 oz a day like me). Do something every day, even if it's just walk around the block or climb an extra set of stairs.

Develop a warrior mentality, carry yourself as a warrior.

Hold yourself accountable to your family, if/when the time comes, stay in the fight, don't quit.

Same goes for anyone in the military or any other walk of life. You never know when your time will come, do what you can to be ready.

I hear what you are saying, a friend of mine at my old department died of suspicious causes at 42. ( FTO, SWAT, ) into weights, He just died and no one knows what from. I am a medical retiree. Back, hip , knee. I try and stay away from places and be very aware of my surroundings.

I carry everywhere I go, wife states I'm hypervigilant. Can't turn it off after 18 years.

Back
Top Bottom