• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Burglary in Hampden County, MA

RDG

ATF FFL ALERT - MA FFLs- FFL Burglary in Hampden County, MA

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Hampden County, MA has experienced a burglary that resulted in the theft of firearms. Please ensure the security of both your inventory and property and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-930-9275 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen

Got this email from the ATF this morning along with a similar phone call.
Any other FFL holders get this?
Anybody know what caused it or what happened?

ATF FFL ALERT - MA FFLs- FFL Burglary in Hampden County, MA

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A Federal firearms licensee in Hampden County, MA has experienced a burglary that resulted in the theft of firearms. Please ensure the security of both your inventory and property and report all suspicious persons or activity to your local police department. Additionally, notify ATF at 888-930-9275 if you find any of your firearms missing, lost or stolen

Got this email from the ATF this morning along with a similar phone call.
Any other FFL holders get this?
Anybody know what caused it or what happened?
Yup! Got it about 20 minutes ago

I got the email and a weird call automated message that said I had to press a number on my keypad to retrieve a message. I hung up because it was before I saw the email. The area code was DC

That’s what I find puzzling. Guns are stolen everyday, why this BS now?? Jack, u have been an FFL since Christ was a Corporal, u ever hear of them doing this before??
Not long, only 40 years. First time for this. The ATF folks are working from home and need something to do to keep busy. The Boston ATF guys and gals are doing the interviews for the new applicants at the Mill by phone without delays. Jack.

Received both the call and email as well. When I saw the ATF address show up on my email I was hoping it was my Form 1 approval. Talk about a let-down.

Any word on what ffl it was I’m in the area.
Cities and Towns of Hampden County
Agawam
Blandford
Brimfield
Chester
Chicopee
East Longmeadow
Granville
Hampden
Holland
Holyoke
Longmeadow
Ludlow
Monson
Montgomery
Palmer
Russell
Southwick
Springfield
Tolland
W. Springfield
Wales
Westfield
Wilbraham

Cities and Towns of Hampden County
Agawam
Blandford
Brimfield
Chester
Chicopee
East Longmeadow
Granville
Hampden
Holland
Holyoke
Longmeadow
Ludlow
Monson
Montgomery
Palmer
Russell
Southwick
Springfield
Tolland
W. Springfield
Wales
Westfield
Wilbraham

Oh thanks....not what i was asking but glad I have that list now. Yup im still in Hampden county .

I got the email and a weird call automated message that said I had to press a number on my keypad to retrieve a message. I hung up because it was before I saw the email. The area code was DC

I think i got the same call, 202 area code, asking to press 1 to retrieve message. No email though. And i do have an active C&R.....
I dont usually answer calls that arent in my contacts, especially ones from a DC area code, with all the political bullshit going on......

That’s what I find puzzling. Guns are stolen everyday, why this BS now?? Jack, u have been an FFL since Christ was a Corporal, u ever hear of them doing this before??
Let's assume a positive intent for now.
I'd say there are a number of possible reasons why this gun theft is more notable.
The first is that it probably had a larger number of guns taken in one incident.
A larger hit like this, on a dealer, sounds more planned than a home robbery, an organized effort could mean additional attempts by the same people.
Maybe there is an indication, or at least a concern, that the publicly available list of FFL holders was used to target this location and they want others to be more aware.

I think they should go further and provide a list of serial numbers. With demand being so high it would be easy for the perps to sell of the guns cheap to other dealers, or FtF. In MA the eFA10 might catch it in a FtF, and selling to a dealer would likely leave a papertrail in the form of an LTC, but in NH, ME, VT there is no FtF requirement on the part of the buyer (not 100% sure with VT), and dealers don't run checks when they are the purchaser.

Let's assume a positive intent for now.
I'd say there are a number of possible reasons why this gun theft is more notable.
The first is that it probably had a larger number of guns taken in one incident.
A larger hit like this, on a dealer, sounds more planned than a home robbery, an organized effort could mean additional attempts by the same people.
Maybe there is an indication, or at least a concern, that the publicly available list of FFL holders was used to target this location and they want others to be more aware.

I think they should go further and provide a list of serial numbers. With demand being so high it would be easy for the perps to sell of the guns cheap to other dealers, or FtF. In MA the eFA10 might catch it in a FtF, and selling to a dealer would likely leave a papertrail in the form of an LTC, but in NH, ME, VT there is no FtF requirement on the part of the buyer (not 100% sure with VT), and dealers don't run checks when they are the purchaser.
Well said!👍🏻

I got both (have active C&R) - never ever got these before, not sure if they were sent by mistake to everyone...
I shouldn't have to ask this, I have a C&R, but are they publicly available like the others? If so, and the warnings are going out to them, I'd say there is a concern at the ATF about where the perps go the address.

I have not received any calls or emails about this. I have an active C&R and I live in Hampden County
I checked I got the call and a voice mail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom