• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Recommendation - MA North Shore

Evtide

NES Member
I'm in a bit of a bind here and hopefully somebody can set me straight. My wonderful bride hooked me up with enough Cabela's gift certs to pick up the subcompact I had been eying. The Scarboro, ME store is picked pretty well clean with none in stock. I ordered from Cabela's 800 number, said in stock, and the unit is being shipped to the Scarboro store. I live behind the iron curtain in MA so I'll need to go through an FFL, which I've done a bunch of times before but not in the past 5 years or so. The FFL shop I've used in the past in Salem, MA and another private FFL I know of have both given it up. Both directed me to the shop in Middleton, MA. Because they carry this model and because I have the Cabela's GC's and am not buying from them, the folks in Middleton won't handle the transfer for me. I sort of get it, but 1, it's not like they're losing a sale, and 2, they are losing a chance to sell me on accessories, ammo, now and maybe other gear down the road. Still, their license, their rules. Plus I hate whiners so I'm gonna stop whining.

So ... Can anyone recommend a reliable FFL in the Salem, MA area?

Much obliged.

It is a little bit of a haul for you but Four Seasons in Woburn has done a couple for me at $40/per. Would also have to MA compliant.

Guys, thanks much for the input and the suggestion to try Bob's. I'll do that, or try FS Guns if that doesn't pan out. Yes, it's a MA compliant S&W Bodyguard .380. And I have always preferred shopping locally vs. the box stores whether it's guns or anything else even if it costs a few bucks more, but like I said the gift certificates are for Cabela's so I'm locked in to that whole deal.

That's odd that they wouldn't transfer that in for you. Didn't mean to insult earlier, but I've seen too many posts from people complaining about shops either not selling them a new Glock, or transferring a non Ma compliant firearm.
Not sure who you spoke with, but maybe if you ask for one of the owners, you might get better luck.

FS or Collectable's...Understand Bob's is good as well but never done business with them....par the course with North Shore...attitude changes daily....depends what woman is on behind the counter.[rolleyes]

I guess I've just been lucky or you've been unlucky as I've had only good experiences at North Shore. I'd second the talk to the owner advise.

Same with Collectors and Four Seasons. Only done range time at Bob's.

That's odd that they wouldn't transfer that in for you. Didn't mean to insult earlier, but I've seen too many posts from people complaining about shops either not selling them a new Glock, or transferring a non Ma compliant firearm.
Not sure who you spoke with, but maybe if you ask for one of the owners, you might get better luck.

Just the other day, one of the guys at North Shore Firearms told me they will not do an incoming FFL transfer on something they have in stock.

Patriot Arms in Ipswich, on rt 1 just south of the Agawam Diner does transfers for $25.

They told me I could have things shipped to them from gunbroker - seems like the same type of transaction you're looking for from Cabela's...

Yup, turns out Patriot's FFL info is on file at Cabela's and will do the transfer no problemo. Looking forward to checking out his shop, too. Thanks much guys.

Back
Top Bottom