FFL transportation

If I have a FFL with SOT and a personal C&R. What are the rules for firearm transportation in your state? Same as FOPA?

Would i be allowed to transport into the state to Transfer firearms to other FFL's? What about sell to individuals? Of course if selling to individuals performing the required background checks as required by federal, state and local laws.

My question is about transportation, not about the legal transfer process.

The FFL does not exempt you from any transportation, storage, etc. laws. Also, ATF requires the FFL to be in compliance with all state and local laws, regulations, etc. No free ride. That means that if you are in violation of a state law, you are automatically in violation of federal law. Jack.

If I have a FFL with SOT and a personal C&R. What are the rules for firearm transportation in your state? Same as FOPA?

Would i be allowed to transport into the state to Transfer firearms to other FFL's? What about sell to individuals? Of course if selling to individuals performing the required background checks as required by federal, state and local laws.

My question is about transportation, not about the legal transfer process.
Lol MA doesn't care, you still need the state licenses to even possess a single round of ammo here or more. No LTC = felony land.

Don't you have to sell at the address on your FFL?
I think so, i think the only exception is gun shows. That said there are some that flex the law, likely hazardous on their part. A friend once had an 01 in FL who would literally meet him in a parking lot and they'd do the nics check via cell, for his inbound transfers. I think the dealer would be in deep shit if that was ever discovered by the ATF. That having been said, i believe you can intake guns wherever you want, but dispositions of guns for other than repair purposes must happen at the licensed premises... if the buyer is a non FFL.

Don't you have to sell at the address on your FFL?

You have to have one address, but you can sell at gun shows, make deliveries etc. That also depends on state and local laws as well. Some states and local laws dont allow for gun shows or deliveries. Deliveries though are mainly dependant on ones ADA covered disability. Hard to make someone come into a store front if they physically arent able to leave their home.

Back
Top Bottom