• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FFL Warehousing Inventory at Home.

duza9999

NES Member
Good morning gents, I’m in the final 2-3 weeks before my FFL is issued. However I have a question.

Pursuant to [27 CFR 478.50] a FFL can warehouse inventory at a different location.

“A separate license must be obtained for each location. However, storage facilities are not required to be covered by a separate license, although the records maintained on licensed premises must reflect all firearms held in the separate storage facility. Firearms may be shipped directly to separate storage facilities as long as they are properly recorded as an acquisition in the licensee's records.”

Specifically I’d be looking to store some premay sample MG’s there (at home) while to rest of the business is just transfers. Now with that in mind, is there anything in MA state law that I would run afoul in with regards to warehousing inventory at a location other than what’s listed on the MA dealer license?

I know @one-eyed Jack had mentioned in a previous thread that a guy at the mill in Littleton had a glorified utilities closet with only the book being stored there. Which would seem to suggest it’s alright, but I figure it’s best to see if anyone knows otherwise.

Thank you-Mathew

No problem. Just tag any firearms that are not in your bound book "Not for sale". At audit time, ATF won't have a problem going to your home. Have chamber flags in the guns, as the muzzles will be swept in all directions as they look for serial numbers. Jack.

No problem. Just tag any firearms that are not in your bound book "Not for sale". At audit time, ATF won't have a problem going to your home. Have chamber flags in the guns, as the muzzles will be swept in all directions as they look for serial numbers. Jack.
Awesome, thank you Jack 😁

Awesome - nothing like safe firearm handling practices from those charged with maintaining legal firearms stewardship

Back
Top Bottom