FID question

Just need some clarification.

Being a minor w/ and FID card, can I possess/shoot a low capacity rifle without supervision of my father (who has an LTC-A).

Thanks

Last edited:
Just need some clarification.

Being a minor w/ and FID card, can I possess/shoot a low capacity rifle without supervision of my father (who has an LTC-A).

Thanks

I have researched this regarding my 15 year old son. The law states that you have to be at least 18 to purchase a firearm or ammunition or have a firearm transferred to you.

It says that you have to have an FID to posses a low capacity long gun. There is no wording in the law that states someone underage needs supervision.

I guess you can stay home and clean the family Barrett M82, but don't get caught with unsupervised access to a Ruger 10-22.

Rob, the 10/22 was defined as "low capacity" intentionally. Only if you possess pre-ban hi-cap mags does its status change.

Rob, the 10/22 was defined as "low capacity" intentionally. Only if you possess pre-ban hi-cap mags does its status change.

So if I decide to head overto the range alone, I can take my AR and 5 round mags and leave the 20 and 30s at home, and still be within the law? Or does that just apply to the 10-22 which comes with small cap magazines?

What a messed up state we live in....

Thanks for the responses

So if I decide to head overto the range alone, I can take my AR and 5 round mags and leave the 20 and 30s at home, and still be within the law? Or does that just apply to the 10-22 which comes with small cap magazines?

What a messed up state we live in....

Thanks for the responses

NO, this would be illegal!

Hi-cap is defined as a gun on the EOPS hi-cap list (AR15s are on it, 10/22 is NOT). So FID is OK for 10/22, but LTC-B (minimum) is required for any AR15/clone.

Also hi-cap is defined properly as ANY GUN that was shipped by a factory with hi-cap mags at ANY TIME to "normal civilians". [e.g. for some dumb reason S&W sold some Model 41s with 11 rd mags, thus ALL Model 41s are HI-Cap by definition and require LTC-A.]

I know that it's confusing as hell.

NO, this would be illegal!

Hi-cap is defined as a gun on the EOPS hi-cap list (AR15s are on it, 10/22 is NOT). So FID is OK for 10/22, but LTC-B (minimum) is required for any AR15/clone.

Also hi-cap is defined properly as ANY GUN that was shipped by a factory with hi-cap mags at ANY TIME to "normal civilians". [e.g. for some dumb reason S&W sold some Model 41s with 11 rd mags, thus ALL Model 41s are HI-Cap by definition and require LTC-A.]

I know that it's confusing as hell.

No problem; I'll just go buy a Barrett 99 and play with that [rofl]

Seriously, thanks for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom