FID red town upgrade to LTC-A green town, then moving.

As it states in the title I am going to be moving to a green town (Methuen) when I turn 21 in a year to hopefully get an LTC ALP. I will be living there for a while to work then I have to move back to my red town to continue College as commute will be better for me. So question is, if I recieve an LTC-ALP then move back to red town within a 2-6 month period. Would the license be revoked or expired and lead me into the whole process again? If anything what is the entire process?
A downgrade or revoke would just be a waste of my time if i would still end up with restriction when I become of age anyways.

The issued license would remain under the control of the issuing agency.

It is pretty much unheard of for the town you move to to request the other town to revoke or downgrade the license, unless you do something to bring yourself to their attention beyond just submitting the required change of address notification.

A former chief in Carver would downgrade your license when you went for your renewal of you did not have a "valid" reason for concealed carry. She would also remove all lawful purposes as a reason, so if the chief is one of those blue state losers, it could happen.

A former chief in Carver would downgrade your license when you went for your renewal of you did not have a "valid" reason for concealed carry. She would also remove all lawful purposes as a reason, so if the chief is one of those blue state losers, it could happen.
True, however, the question was "would the existing license be revoked or downgraded?"

That would be Lowell Police lol. I heard that no one gets an unrestricted needless to say if I came back to my town with an urestricted. [crying]

Well, you would still need to wait until your license expires, unless you can get the Lowell chief to "expire" your license early. As you know, the chief isn't exactly gun friendly, so there's a good chance he will refuse to do it. Will your current license expire naturally while you are living in Methuen?

Well, you would still need to wait until your license expires, unless you can get the Lowell chief to "expire" your license early. As you know, the chief isn't exactly gun friendly, so there's a good chance he will refuse to do it. Will your current license expire naturally while you are living in Methuen?

To my understanding a can directly apply for my LTC when I turn of age because an FID is technically not an LTC. I read it on another forum but I didn't get a solid answer. However I will apply apply for an LTC ALP in Methuen but it will expire when I do reside in Lowell unless I end up in a free state after college. Therefore I'll have to play a game like this again to keep the restrictions away unless douchy Lowell Chief takes it away for douchy reasons.

To my understanding a can directly apply for my LTC when I turn of age because an FID is technically not an LTC. I read it on another forum but I didn't get a solid answer. However I will apply apply for an LTC ALP in Methuen but it will expire when I do reside in Lowell unless I end up in a free state after college. Therefore I'll have to play a game like this again to keep the restrictions away unless douchy Lowell Chief takes it away for douchy reasons.

Ahh, gotcha. You may be in good shape then. Your Methuen LTC should be good in Lowell, until it expires. You must notify the proper authorities of both moves.

How is Carver now? It boggles the mind that you could get downgraded in a renewal.

Thanks for the info, letter of address change to resident PD would be sufficient enough?
Certified letter to issuing PD; PD in new town of residence and FRB in Chelsea is required by law. I suggest you send with the return receipt service and keep the receipt at least until the next renewal.

How is Carver now? It boggles the mind that you could get downgraded in a renewal.
I can pretty much guarantee that would happen in Brookline unless you have privilege, power and influence.

Registered letter to both COP's and the Executive Director of the Criminal History Systems. Board.

Wrong! Does not comply with MGL. MGL specifies CERTIFIED Mail ONLY. You can't make this shit up.

No form is required. I know they created one but MGL does not require any forms (or copies of LTC, etc.), merely the info as required in the law.

registered mail is complete overkill, you should use certified. Registered is for valuable items and it gets signed for every time it changes hands and locked up with its not in transit. Its also the slowest because of all those steps. Certified is for stuff where you simply want proof that a human actually received it in hand.

No form is required. I know they created one but MGL does not require any forms (or copies of LTC, etc.), merely the info as required in the law.

Yup, I figured it's easier for him to print out the forms and fill them in, plus the address he needs is on it. No he does need the actual form, just makes it easier, IMHO.

Yup, I figured it's easier for him to print out the forms and fill them in, plus the address he needs is on it. No he does need the actual form, just makes it easier, IMHO.

I won't disagree but I find it distasteful that the form implies that you must submit additional documentation (copies of LTC, etc.) with it when there is no legal basis for such demand.

The issued license would remain under the control of the issuing agency.

It is pretty much unheard of for the town you move to to request the other town to revoke or downgrade the license, unless you do something to bring yourself to their attention beyond just submitting the required change of address notification.

Supposedly Watertown used to pull that kind of shit (try to cajole the IA into downgrading the license) but I haven't heard it happening to anyone in the recent past.

-Mike

I won't disagree but I find it distasteful that the form implies that you must submit additional documentation (copies of LTC, etc.) with it when there is no legal basis for such demand.
In other words I can use the document that BillSail linked, however I don't have to send photo copies of my licenses? But then again I can create my own letter and send it to both FRB and new town of residency just stating that I have moved? Because if I don't have to send photo copies of my ID's then I won't send them out. The address change process was never really explained on gov websites and such.

Back
Top Bottom