• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Field Grades to be available again @ CMP

jpm

According to Orest regarding Springfields... "You should be able to expect field and service grades in the future, when we are caught up - not that far off now."

Anyone ever get a SA field grade? Curious what to expect compared to the SG I got.

music to my ears...as my first 'service grade' is expected in 2 weeks or so according to Vicki at CMP. so this should happen just in time for me to reup my order and get some more ammo in the process!

My 8/44 SA is a field grade from last summer. CMP buildup using a Danish 4/44 SA/GAW stock, so I finished it to look like a Dane with a '44 10 ore piece in the pistol grip hole and a Danish sling. Barrel is 0+/2+. Next to it is my 12/42 SA/SG from 1/12. Greek return, DOD stock, 1+/2+. The field grade needs 12 clicks to 100 yards, but I get better groups with it.

The FG OP rod was bent and had to be sent back to be straightened. The OP rod spring had also rusted apart into four pieces, and that was replaced as well - both overnight to and from AL - great service from CMP. I've also replaced the gas screw, gas plug screw, and the middle band as they had zero finish; the middle band pin hole was also severely buggered.

T

Last edited:
I've been thinking about putting in another order for an HRA SG, but I already have one, so now I just may have to wait for this

This should no be happening. We should have our property back from South Korea back in our country. After all it was out tax money that payed for the m1 Garands stuck out there. Do not understand why the military can just relocate the stuff. We relocate stuff all the time. Can you tell there is a huge political agenda with this administration. The most transparent administration ever. Yeah right! Have my correct gradeM1 garand. But would love to get another one in the near future, if available through the cmp. May just order one and jump in the CMP list.

How do the Springfields differ from the H&R that are available now? I'm planning on getting my forms notarized Monday so that as soon as my LTC comes in I'll be able to submit everything :)

This should no be happening. We should have our property back from South Korea back in our country. After all it was out tax money that payed for the m1 Garands stuck out there. Do not understand why the military can just relocate the stuff. We relocate stuff all the time. Can you tell there is a huge political agenda with this administration. The most transparent administration ever. Yeah right! Have my correct gradeM1 garand. But would love to get another one in the near future, if available through the cmp. May just order one and jump in the CMP list.

wtf are you babbling about? This has nothing to do with the current administration or anything else political! (Orest has also put to rest the false info about the executive order import ban affecting M1 Garands, it doesn't)

CMP is backlogged, they just haven't caught up with all the current orders to go thru crates of rifles they still have to go thru and do the grading, etc. so they can offer them up.

Korea owns those rifles. US sold them to them. Much like other countries.
Israel for example with the import of the carbines from them few years back. I dont think cmp recieved any of those. CMP only recieves what the US army owns and gives to the cmp.

Last edited:
Also remember "soon" is a term defined by the cmp as "when" it happens you will know. Sadly I see them selling out quickly as many buyers have the order forms sitting in the fax machine just waiting. Also no mention of price.
And another point: keep an eye on the cmp auctions field and rack grades have come up along with ihc......by the way ihc where reported to come out soon also .....about 3 years ago.

How do the Springfields differ from the H&R that are available now? I'm planning on getting my forms notarized Monday so that as soon as my LTC comes in I'll be able to submit everything :)

The HRs are in far better shape by and large that the SP FG as the HRAs have less time in service and I think only SGs are available. If you want a WW2 SN, you need to go SP as HRA did not produce in WW2.

Here is My SP FG. It's a good rifle, the only real thing keeping it from a SG is the TE.

what was the latest price for FG? Hoping they keep that price for this offering whenever it happens. I'm definitely going to have an order form ready to go when they hit.

The HRs are in far better shape by and large that the SP FG as the HRAs have less time in service and I think only SGs are available. If you want a WW2 SN, you need to go SP as HRA did not produce in WW2.

Thanks for the info. Just dropped my order form in the mail for an HRA Service grade :)

Thanks for the info. Just dropped my order form in the mail for an HRA Service grade :)

You will be happy and never regret it. However, it is mandatory that you post pics once it comes in. Drop into some M1 matches too. They are really fun and there are quite a few around. Plus, there is nothing like hearing a bunch of M1s doing rapid fire at the same time.

You will be happy and never regret it. However, it is mandatory that you post pics once it comes in. Drop into some M1 matches too. They are really fun and there are quite a few around. Plus, there is nothing like hearing a bunch of M1s doing rapid fire at the same time.

I was down at Hanson twice right after CMP matches started up this year. I'm hoping that my M1 will get in before the matches are over this fall, because I would love to try its paces at a CMP match.

I can't wait to do this myself, it must be an amazing sound.

I can't wait to do this myself, it must be an amazing sound.

It was the first time I realized that all those tales of "sharp" Japanese or German soldiers hearing the ping and charging the GIs were BS. I need to get back myself as I have not done one is a year or so and I have 2 some M1s to christen.

lol I just heard that one myself a few days ago and immediately called b.s. on it after listening to someone else fire my M1 and lifting my muffs for one shot to see what it was really like.

From the lips of my great uncle......after the first fire fight I didnt hear shit until 1962.....hear the ping of the clip....now the smell of coffee and cigarettes you could smell for miles!

Back
Top Bottom