• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Finally, a single stack DA/SA - Springfield XD-E

Varmint

NES Member
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/28/springfield-armory-introduces-springfield-xd-e/

XDE9339B_Mid_L-660x523.jpg

XDE9339B_HammerDown-297x390.jpg

Pretty cool. It stands out among the flood of single-stack striker guns.

EDIT: but yeah, f**k springfield

Last edited:
Hey, it's the CS9, all over again! Only more plast-icky feeling.

maxresdefault.jpg

acf6f9c.jpg

Last edited:
It does look interesting. With all the safeties, it should make the list sooner or later. If I did not have two nines already, I would consider it. I may consider it anyway, if it shows up here within a year or so.

Anyone try one of these yet? Since Springfield quit the IL gun manufacturer's association, this is back on the table.

I would be surprised if anyone around here has tried one. This gun screams "CCW type gun only bought by old, fuddy men, with bizzare safety lever requirements, and on top of that, still don't carry a round in the pipe". Not sure who the marketing people at springfield were selling this gun to... not to mention even in that regard, it contradicts itself, because that same group of numbskulls often "doesn't believe in plastic guns". So the end result is a product that appeals to like.... .05% of the people buying handguns for self defense. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
I would be surprised if anyone around here has tried one. This gun screams "CCW type gun only bought by old, fuddy men, with bizzare safety lever requirements, and on top of that, still don't carry a round in the pipe". Not sure who the marketing people at springfield were selling this gun to... not to mention even in that regard, it contradicts itself, because that same group of numbskulls often "doesn't believe in plastic guns". So the end result is a product that appeals to like.... .05% of the people buying handguns for self defense. [laugh]

-Mike

You're starting to sound like a grumpy old man yourself, lol.

But I agree, there should be only one gun, and we should all like it.

You're starting to sound like a grumpy old man yourself, lol.

But I agree, there should be only one gun, and we should all like it.

Tell me that isn't true, though. There's no real point to this thing, it's targeting a buyer that, for most intents and purposes, doesn't exist.

I'm all for seeing more models of handguns come out to fit different peoples needs. This thing though, is literally an answer to a question that literally nobody asked.

I guess there's something to the "low effort slide" thing, if it really is that easy to operate. Could be helpful to someone with low hand strength, but I'd have to see what it actually is, etc.

-Mike

Last edited:
Tell me that isn't true, though. There's no real point to this thing, it's targeting a buyer that, for most intents and purposes, doesn't exist.

I'm all for seeing more models of handguns come out to fit different peoples needs. This thing though, is literally an answer to a question that literally nobody asked.

I guess there's something to the "low effort slide" thing, if it really is that easy to operate. Could be helpful to someone with low hand strength, but I'd have to see what it actually is, etc.

-Mike

Well, I don't like to tell people what guns they should like, but for the sake of argument, I think it appeals to anyone who wants a DA/SA single stack, obviously, and there are plenty of those.

The problem I see is the safety - it should be removable like my CZ P01, which comes with an extra lever if you want decocker only. I don't want to spend hundreds of hours practicing disarming the safety. I'd only buy the Springfield if you can remove the safety, or wait for a decocker only version. But there are people who don't mind the safety.

I find it hilarious that springfield hyped up their new single stack offering to then release hammer fired gun. as if a hammer is a new idea. it's almost as hilarious as springfield bending over the entire state of illinois to save a few $$. I've purchased one springfield firearm in my lifetime and it's one too many. they can EABOD.

You forgot P220. I was talking about the sub-school bus category.

The P239 is just on the margins. I often carry around a P232SL in warm weather which would be perfect if it was a 9mm and in the winter p225 which is just a bit too large at times and needs to have a 9 round mad (instead of a jerry-rigged P239 8rd mag).

The P239 is a really excellent gun but it is sort of the dumpy ugly cousin of the P225 and P232. I'd take that over some Springfield junk any day.

I like it, but it seems to be that odd size that should be picketable but isn't, and seems too small for belt wear.

I'd like to see one up close. I like hammer guns, and can easily ignore safeties. The fact it has safeties means I may actually see one without a hunt.

Back
Top Bottom