Finding a Licensing Class

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Is there another option beyond attending a physical class to obtain my certification?

I have been checking ARRL website for updated classes but the only option seems to be Brookline which doesn't make sense for me logistically. I prefer to actually attend a class (visual/hands on learner) but am open to other options...

You can always study on your own. Lots of people do. There are tons of sources online and in print. All questions and correct answers and distractors are known. There are even flash card apps that give you things to study so you can pass better.

Advice is to find one of the many online test simulators and start practicing. If you are passing with over 90%, start studying for general, because you can keep taking tests that night for the single fee, till you fail to pass. If there is still time in the test session, you can pay an additional fee and re-take the level you didn’t pass.

Edit: just saw you wanted class... best place to find classes sometimes are at ham fleas or conventions. The Nashua club does classes, too. Call HRO in Salem to see if they know of any classes...

Check the club websites. Sturdy Memorial Amateur Radio Club started a class a month or so ago. No idea where you are but check Whitman Radio Club's website, they may run one as well as other clubs.

QRZ.com has tests you can do and it keeps track of your progress. I used that plus the class last year.
Practice Amateur Radio Exams by QRZ Ham Radio

David Casler's YouTube videos track the material in the ARRL book.
David Casler

Good luck.

Contact me It is possible I can get you ready to pass the Tech Test in 30 days. Or if you have any questions.
John N1HM

Why would you not want to attend a class in person.....

I do. But im not going to Brookline, I worded my OP poorly.

Check the club websites. Sturdy Memorial Amateur Radio Club started a class a month or so ago. No idea where you are but check Whitman Radio Club's website, they may run one as well as other clubs.

QRZ.com has tests you can do and it keeps track of your progress. I used that plus the class last year.
Practice Amateur Radio Exams by QRZ Ham Radio

David Casler's YouTube videos track the material in the ARRL book.
David Casler

Good luck.

Whitman would be ideal.

Contact me It is possible I can get you ready to pass the Tech Test in 30 days. Or if you have any questions.
John N1HM

I'll shoot you a PM. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom