• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fingerprints

I would like to apply for FL non-resident CCW permit. Does anybody know, where I can have my fingerprints taken on the South Shore? My local PD and State Police are no go.
Is it even possible to have it done during this Election Infection.

Last edited:
I would like to apply for FL non-resident CCW permit. Does anybody know, where I can have my fingerprints taken on the South Shore? My local PD and State Police are no go.
Florida will do them. Try a local sheriff's office or tax collector's office.

Do fingerprints have to be supplied by a LE agency? I thought I remembered reading people getting fingerprint cards and rolling their own...

Do fingerprints have to be supplied by a LE agency? I thought I remembered reading people getting fingerprint cards and rolling their own...

When I did my initial Florida CWFP, as well as my renewal, the requirement was that the prints had to be taken by law enforcement. Florida even had specific instructions about where to mark the agency information on the card.

I walked into the pd of a town I pass through on the way home from work one day and had it done. (Pre-corona fwiw) Maybe try calling neighboring PD's?

My wife just renewed her Florida non-resident permit. The form is supplied by Florida Dept of Ag, and there's a space on the back where the agency taking your fingerprints has to write down their agency name and sign.

It HAS to be a Law Enforcement Agency, not just a FINGERPRINTING Agency.....

Agreed, I wasn't particularly clear.

Here's the actual verbiage from Florida:

You must submit a complete and legible set of fingerprints on the FINGERPRINT CARD enclosed or by ELECTRONIC SCAN (see next page for information). If you use the enclosed card, your fingerprints must be taken at a LAW ENFORCEMENTAGENCY. Your local Florida county sheriff will provide fingerprinting service if requested and may charge a fee not to exceed $5. There may also be a charge associated with the fingerprint service provided by another law enforcement agency. Your fingerprint card will not be processed if: (1) the required information is not contained within the designated blocks; (2) a highlighter is used; (3) the card has been folded, creased, or damaged.

Source: https://www.fdacs.gov/content/download/26365/file/ConcealedWeaponLicenseApplicationInstructions.pdf

If you have a Ma. LTC or FID they are already on file.
Maybe whatever town you had it done would be kind enough to forward it down there.

If you have a Ma. LTC or FID they are already on file.
Maybe whatever town you had it done would be kind enough to forward it down there.

The procedure when I did mine (initial and the renewal) was that prints were supposed to be done on the provided card (which was an FBI 258/ Applicant card with preprinted FL-DOA/CS ORI and reason: 790.06 on it) mailed back with the application.

I have the same issue every time I renew. Brockton does not do them Plymouth county sheriff will not do them. Last time I made a donation to a local towns charity and they did them for me. Not sure what I am going to do for my next renewal. Posting to hopefully see options.

I was gonna recommend an IdentoGo location, but now I see above it needs to be a law enforcement agency?

My last 2 renewals in Wareham didn't require new finger prints. WTF do they need to fingerprint you every time? They also use your drivers licence photo, renewals are a breeze. Some towns are stuck in the stone age.

Hitting a brickwall on my FL renewal. They REQUIRE a fresh set of prints on their card (done by LE only), and due to WuFlu no LE Agencies seem to be willing to do the prints. I guess I won't be renewing. Sucks, since I do get down there every couple years or so.[thinking]

Has anyone found a PD willing to do prints now?! I'm on the North Shore.

Conway, NH PD has open hours for prints. $20 for out of towners (I did mine when I was in the area). Perhaps someone knows other NH towns closer than 3 hours away that also do prints.

Get the card and buy your own ink and do them yourself.

Conway, NH PD has open hours for prints. $20 for out of towners (I did mine when I was in the area). Perhaps someone knows other NH towns closer than 3 hours away that also do prints.
Damn, was just up there a few weeks ago.

ETA: Calling some NH PD's...no luck so far with Salem, Pelham (will print residents only), and Seabrook

Last edited:
Hitting a brickwall on my FL renewal. They REQUIRE a fresh set of prints on their card (done by LE only), and due to WuFlu no LE Agencies seem to be willing to do the prints. I guess I won't be renewing. Sucks, since I do get down there every couple years or so.[thinking]

Has anyone found a PD willing to do prints now?! I'm on the North Shore.
Had prints done in Saugus. I wasnt a Saugus resident. No appointment, didnt call, I just walked in and talked to the guy at the desk. This was probably 8 or so years ago Im guessing. Had to sit around for a little bit and tbh I dont recall if there was a charge.

Not to go off topic, but MA law says that teachers, bus drivers, and child care workers have to be fingerprinted every three years so I wonder where they get printed. Are police departments doing it for them?

Bumping this. My FL CWP has expired. Anyone have any luck getting prints done by LE, specifically North Shore area?
It was probably 7-8 years ago but I walked into Saugus PD on the way home from work and got them done. (Wasnt a Saugus resident fwiw)

Try calling some small towns or the local state police barracks. I would try posting in the law enforcement forum also, there are LEO's on here that might be able to do it or point you in the right direction. Wouldn't hurt to try calling sheriff's office also.

Back
Top Bottom