• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fiocchi 62 grain M855

Fiocchi in general is pretty good ammo. Sometimes it seem a bit high price wise, but grab it if you see a good deal. I do not think I have much right now, but I have bought a few cases in the past.

Any idea what is considered a good price for 1,000 rds of 5.56 ammo?

Really depends on what 5.56 your looking for ?
Brass cased FMJ seems to be running from 28-47 cents per round depending on where and manufacture
55gn FMJ seems to be a lot cheaper than 62 grain.
I personally don't like 62 grain stuff regardless of who makes it. It's not very accurate and I rather pay less for the 55 grain stuff. Then there's steel cased stuff for even less.

Really depends on what 5.56 your looking for ?
Brass cased FMJ seems to be running from 28-47 cents per round depending on where and manufacture
55gn FMJ seems to be a lot cheaper than 62 grain.
I personally don't like 62 grain stuff regardless of who makes it. It's not very accurate and I rather pay less for the 55 grain stuff. Then there's steel cased stuff for even less.

I have heard the 62 grain was less accurate but never personally tested. I'm off tomorrow and as a Christmas gift to myself I wanted to drop no more than $350 on 1,000 rd 5.56 ammo. However, not aware of anyone that sells 55 grain in bulk within 45 mins of Foxboro in that price range.

I live in Plymouth and for the most part any brass cased stuff has been north of 40cents per round. You can call outback arms in plympton. They have the largest selection of ammo down in this corner.
You might have to take a trip (call first)
To either RI or the Southern NH gun shops.
Honestly though I have not bought ammo other than shotshell in MA in many years.
Even 30 years ago we went north.
Try a few local Wal-Mart's maybe. We do a few group buys on ammo but we are not due to run another until spring.

I've never found any M855/SS109 steel core 62gr ammo that was particularly accurate - not that the milspec on that ammo requires it to be.

I have had very good results with 62 gr Hornady FMJ and Barnes Tac-X. It's not the bullet weight, it's bullet & ammo construction that matters for accuracy.

I've never found any M855/SS109 steel core 62gr ammo that was particularly accurate - not that the milspec on that ammo requires it to be.

I have had very good results with 62 gr Hornady FMJ and Barnes Tac-X. It's not the bullet weight, it's bullet & ammo construction that matters for accuracy.

correct i blanket 62gn as being the M855 projectile. squishing 3 pieces of metal togther makes a tough way to make a accurate bullet.
i have posted the milspecs for m855 out here some where. most people dont believe how in accurate it can be for USGI

Back
Top Bottom