• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fiocchi ammo

GM

I was trying different 9mm ammo for my Glock 17 and made an interesting observation. I like Fiocchi 9 mm 115 gr. FMJ ammo - light and controllable recoil But...it makes my guns dirty as hell. After just 50 rounds of Fiocchi, the gun is filled with residue. On different days I tried Federal, American Eagle, CCI, Winchester - even after 100-200 rounds of those the gun is almost clean. But with Fiocchi... After 200 rounds today, field stripped G17 was a miserable sight...

Is it just an unlucky box I got? Any experience with Fiocchi?

If I remember right I tried some Fiocchi 22LR before and that stuff dirtied up my gun like crazy...

I've tried CF Fiocchi before but I don't remember if it was any dirtier than other brands...

OP. Yes fires nice, dirty as hell. I have shot their 9mm, 45ACP, and 5.56. It's dirtier than a virgin on her wedding night, but goes bang every time. I have no problem with that.

My guess is that its underpowered and that's why it's dirty - not getting a complete burn. I've shot a lot of their 357 magnum and they claimed the velocity was like 1450 fps with a 142 gr bullet. They were very mild compared Federal 158 gr or Remington 125 gr. Felt like a stout 38 spl load.

Its underpowered for sure. I have been using a lot of Freedom Munitions RM 115 Gr and I also have 2k in Fiocchi left and I felt a big diff in the recoil of the two. The freedom stuff is very clean and has a good "snap" to it compaired to the Fiocchi.

Thank you guys!

Speaking about the dirtiest ammo ever - Barnaul ammo is the worst.

Now trying Sellier & Bellot - seems to be the best for 9mm so far.

Went to a range today and put 600 rounds of Fiocchi through 2 G17, 300 round each. I will never buy this ammo again. Dirty as hell.

I haven't shot it in a few years but I remember the 115gr 9mm being a fairly hot load. It was a bit dirty though.

Back
Top Bottom