• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearm or mag concealment in container other than intended use (knife sheath...)

OceanTrvlr

NES Member
I searched NES and found numerous references to carrying extra mags in something like a multitool sheath. Seems like a great way to conceal. However, I don't find any discussion of laws, in MA or elsewhere, specifically addressing the use of something like that in a way to trick or fool the casual observer into not realizing that the contents are firearms-related. If not addressed by law or regulation, we're safe to proceed, right? This subject came up in conversation recently and someone thought that using a sheath clearly labeled or branded "Leatherman," for instance, to carry a spare mag was not legal. This person felt that blacking out or removing the company or product's label made it ok. I call BS. Ethan

Last edited:
I searched NES and found numerous references to carrying extra mags in something like a multitook sheath. Seems like a great way to conceal.

However, I don't find any discussion of laws, in MA or elsewhere, specifically addressing the use of something like that in a way to trick or fool the casual observer into not realizing that the contents are firearms-related. If not addressed by law or regulation, we're safe to proceed, right?

This subject came up in conversation recently and someone thought that using a sheath clearly labeled or branded "Leatherman," for instance, to carry a spare mag was not legal. This person felt that blacking out or removing the company or product's label made it ok. I call BS.

Ethan

I agree, that's got to be BS. "To conceal" = "to disguise or hide" not "to disguise or hide in an officially branded container specific to a 10-round magazine for a Gun 2000".

No regs/laws on how you carry any mag. Normal BS that most people sling when they have no idea what they are talking about.

No regs/laws on how you carry any mag. Normal BS that most people sling when they have no idea what they are talking about.
Crap! I sent my mag carrier off and had it engraved "WARNING!! PISTOL MAGAZINE IN HERE!!". I then had the engraving filled with zombie green color. Wasn't I supposed to do that??

Back
Top Bottom