Firearm Possession in VT Question (MA can chime in)

JCV

NES Member
Question for you law folks.
Without getting into too much case detail, I've got a question regarding firearm possession.

Someone I know had their FID card taken away in MA for the next year, so he won't be able to hunt with his firearm in MA this year.

He also has land in VT which he plans on hunting with his bow.

Can he hunt with his rifle in VT? How about his bow in MA?

I realize you don't need any permits to possess in VT but since his card was revoked in MA, I'm not sure if this in any way has any effect in VT, I doubt it though. I am aware he can not transport them to VT.

If you need more information, just ask.

Thanks in advance guys.

If his fid card was pulled, it was presumably for statutory reasons. Hence, there is a good chance he can't. He has to ask a competent firearms attorney familiar with his situation.

Question for you law folks.
Without getting into too much case detail, I've got a question regarding firearm possession.

Someone I know had their FID card taken away in MA for the next year, so he won't be able to hunt with his firearm in MA this year.

He also has land in VT which he plans on hunting with his bow.

Can he hunt with his rifle in VT? How about his bow in MA?

I realize you don't need any permits to possess in VT but since his card was revoked in MA, I'm not sure if this in any way has any effect in VT, I doubt it though. I am aware he can not transport them to VT.

If you need more information, just ask.

Thanks in advance guys.

How can they take a fid for a year! Fid is shall issue unless your are prohibited , right?

How can they take a fid for a year! Fid is shall issue unless your are prohibited , right?

If you are under indictment for a disqualifying event but that event (charge) has been CWOF'd, that could explain the one year. Given most of the fid DQs are federal prohibitors as well, hence why I think this is worth running by a competent attorney.

I dont offer good advice most of the time.

I do go to VT often- dont worry about this BS.

But- dont do stupid shit in VT, and nearly all the time, you are left alone.

Back
Top Bottom