• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearms and Accessories Show Royal Plaza - Marlborough Sept 26&27

Went this morning. Bought a AR lower, upper and LPK from Remsport. Crowd wasn't as bad as the last show. Came from southeastern Mass. and 495 was crawling with State and Local police engaged in revenue enhancement, so watch your speed.

Just got back. The rifle prices were high, especially the Garands. The deviation of the prices on them was crazy too. One table could have one for $1100, a second table would have one of similar quality for $800.

I ended up with an SKS wooden stock kit, an SKS 10 round mag, a bottle of Hoppes, and some stripper clips.

I passed up a used flat topped barreled upper for $325 (5.56, flat top, bull barrel). My instinct was to buy it, but I didn't know enough about the internal parts to make an informed decision.

I did see a few good deals on ammo but didn't bite. 880 rounds of 7.62x54r for about $0.19 per round, and Privi Partizan ammo (soft point) in 7.5 Swiss and 7.62x54r for $15.00 a box.

I went in looking for a Finn M39, and found one. But they wanted $450 for it! Not a chance.

I also saw this and i started to shed a tear after I chuckled.

BlackMosin.jpg

Yup. Its an M91/30, painted black. Poor girl.

Last edited:
Show report

Line moved right along at 9:00. My specialty is C&R and not many surpises. I did see a dealer/collector from NJ with 2 - Walther G41's, 2 - G43's and 3 - M1941's. All out of my price range, but nice to see/touch.

I also noticed some of the C&R slow movers from the regular suspects with the price tags remarked down as many as 3 times. Still not many deals being made.

Think I may have seen a couple of you guys there (was with my girlfriend and a couple buddies). I did pick up some .40 ammo and some of that cheap Russian .223, so we'll see how it cycles tomorrow.

Anyone else notice that awesome dude decked out in multicam?

Mike

If any of you saw a guy that smelled like yesterday's PBR, was wearing a sox cap and a baby blue girl's camp t-shirt, that was me [grin]

So yeah, you guys have pretty much covered the "holy hell, inflated prices batman!" so I won't go into that. I primarily looked at SKS's, nagants, and AK's. SKS for $500? No thanks. There was a 1951r Tula if any of you are keeping track. I believe they wanted 650 or something for it.

NO parts kits what so ever. A guy had a chicom ak barrel assembly, and one guy at the end of the building had a bunch of different AK parts. Had some romanian stocks with trench art that I was so ready to buy until I started talking to the guy. I wanted to reach across the table and hit him in the mouth. I asked him if he had any parts kits, he said yes, but "they aren't for sale!" because they're "bulgarian gold! krink kits... have a whole basement full of them! they're my bank account- I am a rich man right now!" and "you can't have them anyways because they're full auto!"

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Full auto parts kits? They shoot, no way! Unless he was referring to having receiver stubs with the third axis pin hole, which is an ATF no-no.

And how the hell are you rich when you won't sell them? You got a whole basement full of them, so why not get some cash for a few? I'd love to see you pay for a ferrari with your "Bulgarian gold." They guy couldn't even open his eyes when he was telling me this. Looking at me straight at me, eyes shut the whole time.

I have never been bullshitted so hard in my life. I hope he dies in a fire. /rant

the ammo man actually does have romy g parts kits that he's selling for $350, didn't bring any to this show, but the guy definitely was a nice guy to talk to.

Ha. On the literature table to the far left of the hall, I saw a book titled something to the effect of: "AK-47: Full Auto Conversion."

I chuckled.

I saw that too and got a good laugh out of it as well. Right after the BS'er was trying to sell me "pre ban" bulgarian ak74 mags.

are these preban?

"You betcha. See the 'circle 10' on the mags? Proof marks that they were made by the circle 10 factory in bulgaria" (true fact)

you mean the 'circle 10' factory that still makes them to this very day?

".....you gonna buy some mags or what?"

Last edited:
I've said it before, Gun shows are only good for jerky and ear plugs. Never waste a good range day on a show unless it is too nasty outside to shoot

Dave

I saw that too and got a good laugh out of it as well. Right after the BS'er was trying to sell me "pre ban" bulgarian ak74 mags

IMO, AK mags are some of the toughest to determine if they are in fact pre or post ban. I'd like to meet the prosecutor who can accurately identify pre-ban vs post-ban AK mags. If they were a good price, I would have bought them.

IMO, AK mags are some of the toughest to determine if they are in fact pre or post ban. I'd like to meet the prosecutor who can accurately identify pre-ban vs post-ban AK mags. If they were a good price, I would have bought them.

$25, so alright for MA. That was the going rate for black bulgy mags. There were a bunch of ak mags that were romanian and "looked" preban for $15 and $18.

The only ak74 magazine that is definitely preban is anything east german- the orange bakelite mags without bulgarian markings. A vendor was selling them for $40, which is about the going rate these days.

Last edited:
Last time I went to the Marlboro gunshow I bought 500 rounds of 5.56 in an ammo can. I think I paid around $178. It was some middle of the road stuff, nothing special. Probably Aguila or similar. What can I expect to pay this time around for 500 of similar quality?

$325 for 900 rounds of 556 . Thats the guys from NY price. And as usual they are as personable as a dead fish. My suggestion if you want ammo buy in NH. No sales tax and usually the NY guys have competition. If you use a CC with the NY guys here you get hit with an additional 3% on top of the sales tax.

I worked there today for a small local dealer and will be there tomorrow. I did see some items that were hard to find elsewhere. I think SKSRay found a deal but I am not sure[wink]

The usual , grabbed a couple of holsters for a bargain. Few boxes of older 38spl. and 38 S &W for prices I couldn't pass up. Saved a bunch on a used collectable knife , at least 1/2 of what it should have gone for. Saw a couple of S&W's K & N frames that priced very reasonable for what they were. But you gotta look . Mainly overpriced but if you can't (or don't know how to ) haggle , your wasting your time & or your money. Saw a few of the usual suspects . It's still a bitch having to pay 9 bucks to get in.

Just got back, parking lot was jammed. Inside wasn't so bad. The usual characters were there. I noticed not so many evil black rifles this time around. Maybe the post craze glut has finally started to even things out.

Saw some decent ammo prices for cases, Lot of way overpriced guns. Actually found something for a good deal and well, bought myself an early christmas present.

I will say that I have never seen as many illegal to possess magazines at a show. There were tons of post ban AR mags. Even a guy with Glock mags with ambi notches in them. I was with a friend who was at his first show. He assumed just because they were selling stuff there that he could buy it legally.

It wasn't too crowded and I had a cold so I couldn't smell the smelly people. I did notice a large amount of velcro sneakers though :)

Just a question, posting that folks are selling illegal items at guns shows on NES. Isn't that like posting who ships ammo to ma??? If the Ma. AG's office is indeed monitoring this site statements like the one above is just one more reason for them to shut down gun shows in Ma. Just MO. No offense meant.

Just a question, posting that folks are selling illegal items at guns shows on NES. Isn't that like posting who ships ammo to ma??? If the Ma. AG's office is indeed monitoring this site statements like the one above is just one more reason for them to shut down gun shows in Ma. Just MO. No offense meant.

IMO its in the same boat as someone calling the AGs office saying Bass Pro is selling brand new Glocks. Not exactly the same deal but in the same boat. With that said I agree and suggest this to people... if you see an item at a gun show and you think the vendor is bending the rules and it offends you, don't buy it!

Gotta quote Mike Brady here and say "Remember Cindy... nobody likes a tattle tail"

So yeah, you guys have pretty much covered the "holy hell, inflated prices batman!" so I won't go into that. I primarily looked at SKS's, nagants, and AK's. SKS for $500? No thanks. There was a 1951r Tula if any of you are keeping track. I believe they wanted 650 or something for it.

NO parts kits what so ever. A guy had a chicom ak barrel assembly, and one guy at the end of the building had a bunch of different AK parts. Had some romanian stocks with trench art that I was so ready to buy until I started talking to the guy. I wanted to reach across the table and hit him in the mouth. I asked him if he had any parts kits, he said yes, but "they aren't for sale!" because they're "bulgarian gold! krink kits... have a whole basement full of them! they're my bank account- I am a rich man right now!" and "you can't have them anyways because they're full auto!"

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Full auto parts kits? They shoot, no way! Unless he was referring to having receiver stubs with the third axis pin hole, which is an ATF no-no.

And how the hell are you rich when you won't sell them? You got a whole basement full of them, so why not get some cash for a few? I'd love to see you pay for a ferrari with your "Bulgarian gold." They guy couldn't even open his eyes when he was telling me this. Looking at me straight at me, eyes shut the whole time.

I have never been bullshitted so hard in my life. I hope he dies in a fire. /rant

the ammo man actually does have romy g parts kits that he's selling for $350, didn't bring any to this show, but the guy definitely was a nice guy to talk to.

And here I thought I was the only one cruising for SKSs, AKs, and parts.[smile]

The guy at the far end with the dope itch/twitch usually has a good supply of parts for decent prices but nothing really struck me today except for the Timber Smith AK stock sets at a very fair price. Anyone waiting/wanting an Ironwood set will be doing well to pick one of these up!

Some good deals on mags there today and what was there for SKSs and AKs were through the roof. Anyone who pays $450 for a common Norinco SKS with missmatched parts might as well get a sucker sign taped to their back when they walk away from that table.

What I did see great deals on were Saiga 410s with one vendor selling for less than what I wound up paying with shipping through a Saiga dealer who I won't mention here. Unfortunately 3 inch 410 slugs were no where to be found so its back to covert ops to stock up for the fall shoots.

One more thing... the NY ammo guys had some fair prices today. 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 Golden Tiger was priced at I think $210. More than half a pallet had been sold by the time I got there late afternoon, and I saw plenty of 9mm and 40 S&W for less than what were paying at Wally World.

Walked by a conversation about this between a dealer and a customer. Dealer's answer was that the product was there for out of state buyers, though he would sell to an in state customer, but MA buyers would have to know to abide by any laws that would apply to them. [rolleyes]

Similar experience for the show as others have shared - some crazy prices, saw the ZHA shirt but didn't say hi, my buddy found some 30-40 ammo that he's been having trouble finding, I bought a box of Hornady 10mm/40 HP bullets just so I wouldn't be walking out empty handed.

It's like fishing I suppose: it's possible you'll go home with nothing some days, but if you don't cast the line, you're definitely going home with nothing.

I'll be going tomorrow morning. I'm looking to buy an OWB holster for my Glock 19 and TLR-1 flashlight. Do you know if I have a chance finding something like that there?

Anyone know if those "new york" guys have any 7.62x39 left?

They had the corrosive Yugo brass cased ammo and non corrosive Golden Tiger (my fav). When I was there at around 2 or 3 today both supplies looked like they'd been hit hard and I wouldn't be surprised to see it all go by noon tomorrow.

They had the corrosive Yugo brass cased ammo and non corrosive Golden Tiger (my fav). When I was there at around 2 or 3 today both supplies looked like they'd been hit hard and I wouldn't be surprised to see it all go by noon tomorrow.

I forgot to ask you at the NES/FS BBQ, how'd you like the Tiger ammo fit of those cigar boxes I gave @ ZHA ?

I was at a sawmill auction all day but I'll be in Marlborough Sunday.

larry--haha! i saw that same mosin with my girlfriend.

i got everything i wanted though so i was happy. i only made it through about half the show because i realized the money left in my wallet needed to go back into the bank and i'd spend it on stupid finds like the AK mags ($17/ea at a table towards the middle) if i kept walking.

i spent too much money but got stuff i've wanted for a while now, also got a good deal on some hi-power mags. $29 each when midway has 'em for almost $45.

After us ROs were dismissed at the GOAL Shoot-B-Q, I stopped at the Marlboro gun show ~4PM. They still insisted on the full admission fee which tells me that they had a very light "gate" yesterday as they usually pack it in well before 4PM on collecting admission on Saturdays.

Even with talking with Johns (Remsport and Liotec), Greg (Powderkeg) and a few other dealers that I know, I was "done" before 5PM and out the door. I heard from dealers that people weren't buying, the aisles at 4PM were 95% empty. If I had taken my time as I usually do, I'm sure that I could have found some interesting stuff, but I just blasted thru the show and bought nothing (that's OK). I noticed that primers were up considerably vs. the Concord gun show earlier in the month ($37-40/K vs $25-30/K) . . . must account for why there were so many vendors with large supplies of primers still on the tables between 4 and 5 PM on Saturday!!

Back
Top Bottom