• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearms and Accessories Show Royal Plaza - Marlborough Sept 26&27

I found a few nice Walthers there, but way overpriced when compared to various auction sites. I think the admission price was my biggest purchase of the day.

After us ROs were dismissed at the GOAL Shoot-B-Q, I stopped at the Marlboro gun show ~4PM. They still insisted on the full admission fee which tells me that they had a very light "gate" yesterday as they usually pack it in well before 4PM on collecting admission on Saturdays.

Even with talking with Johns (Remsport and Liotec), Greg (Powderkeg) and a few other dealers that I know, I was "done" before 5PM and out the door. I heard from dealers that people weren't buying, the aisles at 4PM were 95% empty. If I had taken my time as I usually do, I'm sure that I could have found some interesting stuff, but I just blasted thru the show and bought nothing (that's OK). I noticed that primers were up considerably vs. the Concord gun show earlier in the month ($37-40/K vs $25-30/K) . . . must account for why there were so many vendors with large supplies of primers still on the tables between 4 and 5 PM on Saturday!!

Len, we had a great show. Sold 17 firearms the first day and 21 the second. Like anything else in sales, if you have what folks want, and folks are willing to make a reasonable offer I will the sale. 45 Collector walked of with a nice item(s)...just ask him. Also I tell NES folks to introduce themselves at the show and if there is something they want at our tables I will do my best to get the best price I can.

The folks that kill me are the, I can buy that on the web for 10 bucks cheaper. OK Einstein, then why didn't you buy it. Then they make some obscene offer. I nicely, as nice as I can be, thank you and suggest to them maybe you should look around the show some more. 99% of the time they come back at the end of the day looking for the item but then its gone. Then , and this is the best part, "will you be getting anymore. I then ask, I thought you could buy it on the web for less.[laugh]

If folks folks would cut the bull crap from the get go the sale would happen, both the seller and the buyer leave happy. Just my MO. Humble as it may be[wink]

As to the promoters asking for the entrance fee late in the day they are always trying to make a buck. They did not hire enough security to open the garage door in the hall to squeeze a few more bucks out of it. They went up yet again on the price of tables. So folks prices are going up...

Hey, I just want to give a bit of a shout out to the guys at Stoney Acre Sports. I didn't attend the marlborough show but, I did attend the show at braintree rifle and pistol a little while back (spring maybe). These guys go out of their way to give you a great price on everything from firearms to ammo, I really can't say enough good things about Stoney Acre. I bought a rifle from them and a bunch of ammo at the braintree show and their prices were so far below any other gun shop I had been in it's not even funny.

So it was my first gun show, saw alot of cool stuff and some interesting people, I wonder how much the guy with the bar code tattooed on his head cost.
I have to say the highlight was the jerky, pretty damn good, plus he had some of the best chorizo i've had in a while

I went today and loved it, had some jerky wich was damn good, and i finally cracked and bought a WASR 10. I went their with a list of small accessories and ended up buying a rifle.

Fred, usually I work this show for GOAL and long before 4PM, they abandon the "admission table".

Glad you had a good show, when I see you next (and if I remember), I'll tell you who was grousing about no sales . . . you know him as do I. I didn't see you there and John was with a customer when I walked by.

I was exhausted after being on my feet as RO all day at Harvard, hot, sweaty and tired. It was pure determination to just go thru the show regardless of how little time I had to do it (usually takes me 2-3 hours).

YosemiteGram, IIRC the Braintree R&P show was May 1st & 2nd.

Coyote Hunter, perhaps the guy put his SSN in barcode on his forehead so folks can just scan him instead of every Tom, Dick and Harry asking him for his SSN! [wink] [thinking]

I was glad to see that GOAL also had a table at the show and had a very good Saturday signing up members!

I don't get why out of state dealers bring guns they can't sell and don't want to talk about. It was a weird day.

So it was my first gun show, saw alot of cool stuff and some interesting people, I wonder how much the guy with the bar code tattooed on his head cost.
I have to say the highlight was the jerky, pretty damn good, plus he had some of the best chorizo i've had in a while

Did his barcode say 640509-040147 under it? [laugh]

-Mike

I don't get why out of state dealers bring guns they can't sell and don't want to talk about. It was a weird day.

It's because other dealers (might) buy those guns or they can sell them to residents of free states via an outbound transfer. I agree its kind of pointless, but it is what it is. There are often a few dealers that show up that are really only interested in dealing with other dealers.

-Mike

The guy you referred to is a "don't judge a book by its cover" guy.

He's polite, well spoken and a good guy, too.

And the code doesn't scan.

Len, we had a great show. Sold 17 firearms the first day and 21 the second. Like anything else in sales, if you have what folks want, and folks are willing to make a reasonable offer I will the sale. 45 Collector walked of with a nice item(s)...just ask him. Also I tell NES folks to introduce themselves at the show and if there is something they want at our tables I will do my best to get the best price I can.

The folks that kill me are the, I can buy that on the web for 10 bucks cheaper. OK Einstein, then why didn't you buy it. Then they make some obscene offer. I nicely, as nice as I can be, thank you and suggest to them maybe you should look around the show some more. 99% of the time they come back at the end of the day looking for the item but then its gone. Then , and this is the best part, "will you be getting anymore. I then ask, I thought you could buy it on the web for less.[laugh]

If folks folks would cut the bull crap from the get go the sale would happen, both the seller and the buyer leave happy. Just my MO. Humble as it may be[wink]

As to the promoters asking for the entrance fee late in the day they are always trying to make a buck. They did not hire enough security to open the garage door in the hall to squeeze a few more bucks out of it. They went up yet again on the price of tables. So folks prices are going up...
I believe i met you today, i looked at the .22 colt and you had suggested the collectors license. I was wearing a black tee that said "its not whether you win or lose, its how you place the blame". It was a pleasure to speak with you and i appreciate you offering me a education.

50 BMG and John are great guys. I work with Johns daughter and will buy from him anyday. IDK if you guys remember me but I am coming back for that Sig!

The kid with the barcode tattooed on the back of his head was first in line Sunday. Good on him! Gotta wonder how early he got up to snag that spot. I don't judge people either, and while his attire certainly stuck out, I though it was pretty cool!

The nice item 50 BMG mentioned that I "walked off with" (Hey wait, I did pay for that didn't I? [wink]) was a used bright stainless Ruger SP101 with no hammer spur. I'm certainly happy with what I paid, and also happy to have a .357 in my collection again! I sold my S&W 66 last Winter and kind of regret it now. The Ruger is much more carry-friendly though.

So I got that, a few boxes of Fiocchi 9x18 at an OK price, some Chinese 7.62x25, a nice old Italian pocket knife, a pair of black fingerless wool gloves that I buy once a year at Marlboro, some USGI M1 carbine parts and some new factory magazines for a few different pistols. I did see an East German Makarov tagged for $275 that I considered picking up, but I would have felt like an a**h*** coming home with 2 pistols when I should be saving to party like a rockstar in Ireland!

I did see an East German Makarov tagged for $275 that I considered picking up, but I would have felt like an a**h*** coming home with 2 pistols when I should be saving to party like a rockstar in Ireland![/QUOTE]

Where was that????? I want it[wink] Do you remember what dealer.... You know my motto. One of each is not enough...they get lonely[laugh]

I don't remember which dealer had that Mak. I think he was pretty close to your table.

It had some finish wear, but looked all original and matching (which they usually are). Had the correct EG grip too.

I did not violate my Gun show policy and walked around the whole show before I went back to buy. I lost a little colt junior that I have wanted for years . I could not believe that the gun was gone when I went back . The nice people from Tombstone tried to sell me something else but the little colt was gone . I looked at other guns on the way out and was very impressed with the number of guns and at ok prices . A really good show and I was happy I went .

For those that appreciate wheelguns , there were many clean examples that could have been had there for decent prices. I primarily search out Smiths and darn it do I wish I'd had a couple grand with me on Sat. .

To my dissapointment my barcode does not scan, i have tryied everywhere i go, you can only imagine the looks i get from the cashiers... and no it does not read as my SSN, i work for the Department of Defence (Natick Army Labs) which my barcode reads, and i tell people the government took away my name and gave me a number (some people actually belive me...) and that they scan the back of my head everyday before they let me on base.

To my dissapointment my barcode does not scan, i have tryied everywhere i go, you can only imagine the looks i get from the cashiers... and no it does not read as my SSN, i work for the Department of Defence (Natick Army Labs) which my barcode reads, and i tell people the government took away my name and gave me a number (some people actually belive me...) and that they scan the back of my head everyday before they let me on base.

[laugh]

Don't worry, you are probably "ahead of the curve". We'll all have to have barcodes tattooed if TPTB get their way in the next few years.

Awesome first post here. +1

i arrived at 8:15. if im not early, im late. evry gun show i went to i would be at least a half hour early and be a 1/4 mile from the door so this was an odd but pleasent suprise

I did see an East German Makarov tagged for $275 that I considered picking up, but I would have felt like an a**h*** coming home with 2 pistols when I should be saving to party like a rockstar in Ireland!

Where was that????? I want it[wink] Do you remember what dealer.... You know my motto. One of each is not enough...they get lonely[laugh][/QUOTE]

answer:
Mike LaRocca had it and I'm quite sure it's a C&R. Mine are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom