• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Firearm's Theft - Manchester, NH

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Manchester police on Wednesday investigated the theft of several guns from Wildlife Taxidermy and Sports.

Police said the break-in occurred at about 1 a.m. Surveillance tapes showed two men breaking into the front door and smashing a display case.

The store owner told police that 20 firearms of various types were taken.

Police said both men were thin and about 5 feet 8 inches tall. One man was wearing a black sweatshirt with yellow stripes and baggy blue jeans. The other man was wearing a black jacket, a white hooded sweatshirt and black baggy jeans.

Police also recovered two baseball caps near the scene that they believe the men were wearing. One was a white Rocca Wear ball cap with a gold wing design on the front along with a gold "R."

The second hat was a New Era red, black and white Chicago Bulls ball cap with a "C" on the front, shaped around the image of a bull.

The same taxidermy store was burglarized in August 2003. Police said 19 weapons were stolen then, and three men were later arrested for the crime.

These guys stayed covered up when they were in the store. It looked like they knew they were on video and took steps to hide their faces. They were in and out in a hurry.

It looked like they were after only handguns.

i know theres probobly no law up there in freedomland for securing firearms in a secure container, but i would never leave hanguns under glass.

i know theres probobly no law up there in freedomland for securing firearms in a secure container, but i would never leave hanguns under glass.

There are stores in MA that leave "handguns under glass" but their stores
are probably a lot more secure, too.

The only consolation prize is if these guys get caught... they're going to
spend a long time in club fed, as stealing firearms from an FFL is generally a
federal felony.

-Mike

There are stores in MA that leave "handguns under glass" but their stores are probably a lot more secure, too.
Huh?!?!

And if any of these guns show up in Boston mumbles will blame the store owner for them.

Yeah - that's bad. No arguing those will be crime guns. Makes us all look bad and just more fuel for the fire for the Brady Bunch.

I never knew the store was even there. Their web site is down right now.

Not that I'd make a law or anything, but a steel door and loud alarm seem in order. Maybe they had them. A smash and grab can be quick.

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=92ede027-9bc6-4761-b44d-1cc87e95a83a
"Two men, already being held in jail for an alleged gun threat to a rival gang member, were back in court yesterday charged with stealing more than 20 guns in a sports shop burglary.

A third suspect, James Lindbloom, 18, of Manchester, was picked up last night by police on a warrant at 131 Orange St. He was charged with criminal solicitation to burglary in connection with the Feb. 21 break-in of Wildlife Taxidermy and Sports Center, 2188 Candia Road."

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=92ede027-9bc6-4761-b44d-1cc87e95a83a
"Two men, already being held in jail for an alleged gun threat to a rival gang member, were back in court yesterday charged with stealing more than 20 guns in a sports shop burglary.

A third suspect, James Lindbloom, 18, of Manchester, was picked up last night by police on a warrant at 131 Orange St. He was charged with criminal solicitation to burglary in connection with the Feb. 21 break-in of Wildlife Taxidermy and Sports Center, 2188 Candia Road."

Reading the article, the real crime is that these teenaged scum were back on the streets so soon after burglary and armed robbery. Are our jails so full of rapists and killers that we give these trash a virtual walk? Leniency and rehabilitation are not adequate prescriptions for their social illness.

One yout'e got 6mo (3mo suspended) for cussing out the judge. Hopefully that was a means of getting him off the streets rather than truely for contempt, as a slap on the wrist for armed robbery and a whack upside the head for a foul mouth is misplaced justice. I'm for those hangin' judges (obviously).

Reading the article, the real crime is that these teenaged scum were back on the streets so soon after burglary and armed robbery. Are our jails so full of rapists and killers that we give these trash a virtual walk? Leniency and rehabilitation are not adequate prescriptions for their social illness.

One yout'e got 6mo (3mo suspended) for cussing out the judge. Hopefully that was a means of getting him off the streets rather than truely for contempt, as a slap on the wrist for armed robbery and a whack upside the head for a foul mouth is misplaced justice. I'm for those hangin' judges (obviously).

And, the Massification of NH continues.....

Back
Top Bottom