Firearms threat in perspective

Poorly written "article" with no actual data. Misses the point of climate change completely if the author thinks it's just about people getting killed by storms and loses credibility on the firearms point by only citing actual counts for firearms-related deaths but not actually comparing them to anything in any meaningful way. I would not reference this piece of writing in any attempt to back up a discussion of 2A rights considering there is so much better out there already.

Also agree with hydrogenous, I like my guns but I really don't want to have to use them to fight off climate refugees or wear a dust mask to drive to the range.

I agree, nuclear power is the way to go. It is dumb to keep burning fossil fuels, because they are just going to become increasingly scarce in the next few decades anyway, and our kids will have to deal with the problem then. Plus, we're essentially funding the Arab scum bags with trillions of dollars to spread Islamic stone-age Sharia law all over the planet.

Also, and this really bugs the hell out of me, we're blowing off as waste the only known source of helium on planet, from oil and gas wells. That is criminal. It leaves the atmosphere, into outer space (helium atoms obtain escape velocity from upper atmosphere), and long after the oil and coal and have all been burned and forgotten, our descendants will curse the permanent loss of all of the available helium. We can always get as much carbon as we want from the atmosphere if needed, but the helium is never coming back.

On an individual level, and disregarding the whole ecological impact, wouldn't you like to have a self-sustaining home where you didn't have to pay anyone for electricity? The tech is getting there, which is why I'm not too worried about climate change.

Actually, yes I would. In fact I'm thinking about building a house like that just for the self-sufficiency factor. I don't want to be off-grid but would like to minimize use of grid power and have various backup systems in place.

Doesn't change the fact that the USA is in the grip of a form of insanity that has seen the EPA try to rebrand one of the planet's two life-giving gases as a pollutant.

I'm not concerned about carbon dioxide as it increases crop yields and doesn't cause global warming. Even if it did humanity does much better in warm periods than cold.

Back
Top Bottom