Fireworks online

We used to get our fireworks from the italian kids behind Martignetti's at Haymarket (1980s). They had everything you wanted, cash-n-carry.

Heh...same here back in my school days.
(early-mid 80,s)...
walk down alley out back into playground/b-ball courts...get in line...read 'sales list'...place order and pay....walk out a few mins later with a few "brown paper bags".
Friends and I would then just take the train back home to the rural part of the state....lmao....fun times. [grin]

There are some places where fireworks are banned, including on roads and highways.

It is illegal to light fireworks within 100 yards of a:
  • Hospital
  • Nursing home
  • Prison
  • Nuclear power plant
  • Gas station or refinery

So I guess it's OK to light them off near police stations, courthouses, schools, churches, daycare centers, libraries, non-nuclear power stations, military bases and gun shops. [laugh]

I’ve had great success having 1.4g (consumer legal) stuff shipped to Manchester terminal in NH. Victory fireworks out of Wisconsin is a great vendor. Trick is to keep the total weight under the limit to not need a CDL. I wanna day it’s like 1200lbs gross or something, after that 1.4g above that weight needs a cdl. Anyways, great value, only thing is you gotta order full cases.

I’ve had great success having 1.4g (consumer legal) stuff shipped to Manchester terminal in NH. Victory fireworks out of Wisconsin is a great vendor. Trick is to keep the total weight under the limit to not need a CDL. I wanna day it’s like 1200lbs gross or something, after that 1.4g above that weight needs a cdl. Anyways, great value, only thing is you gotta order full cases.

Seems like quite a hassle. Why go this route over walking in to Atlas or wherever?

Seems like quite a hassle. Why go this route over walking in to Atlas or wherever?
Because consumer fireworks are beyond cosby level rape, the markups at retail are over 100%.. The shops do bogo because the margins are huge.

Because consumer fireworks are beyond cosby level rape, the markups at retail are over 100%.. The shops do bogo because the margins are huge.
Dr Grant nailed it. A good 60g canister kit will be like $200 retail. That’s 24 shots reloadable mortars, think excels. You get bogo so now it’s $100 a lot. Best I’ve found retail is hooksett who have great prices. Like $60 a kit. I support them fairly often. Especially if order size is like $500 or less.
Once you go wholesale you can get those kits for like $35 at a time, but you gotta buy 6 in a case. If you are shooting a whole show, you can get 2-3x the product in the air on a $1200 budget compared to retail. If you have people with money to throw in, and you can get an order over 50 cases total it really gets cheap. Also they sell stuff you can’t get other places. Like bottle rockets and missles and stuff.

My wife and I went to Sams Club yesterday to do some shopping.
Right next to the beer/wine aisle was a nice collection of fireworks.
I already knew that there are a lot fewer restrictions down here; I just googled to see what they actually are:

What fireworks can you buy in Georgia?

In Georgia, all fireworks classified as DOT 1.4G (consumer fireworks) are legal to purchase and use as stated in the Georgia General Assembly House Bill 727.The fireworks that you can legally buy in retail stores across Georgia include:

• Bottle Rockets
  • Sky Rockets
  • Roman Candles
  • Firecrackers
  • Sparklers
  • Smoke and Punk
  • Fountains
  • Missiles
  • Novelties
  • Crackle and Strobe
  • Parachutes
  • Wheels and Spinners
  • Sky Flyers
  • Display Shells
  • Aerial Items (Cakes)
Who Can Buy Consumer Fireworks in Georgia?

In Georgia, you must be 18 years or older to purchase fireworks. There is not an exact age for igniting them, but Georgia.gov reminds residents to remember that most injuries happen to kids under 16.

It is illegal to light fireworks under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

When Can You Light Fireworks in Georgia?

While technically you can ignite fireworks all year, they were really meant for the holidays. In particular, July 4 and New Year's. On those days, the hours are extended:

New Years: until 1 a.m.

Fourth of July: until midnight

Any other day: Not after 9 p.m.

Where Can You Light Fireworks in Georgia?

It depends on where you live. Some private communities, including HOAs, condos or apartment complexes, may prohibit fireworks, while others may set aside a spot to ignite them. Bottom line: check your communities laws and bylines to be sure.

There are some places where fireworks are banned, including on roads and highways.

It is illegal to light fireworks within 100 yards of a:

• Hospital
  • Nursing home
  • Prison
  • Nuclear power plant
  • Gas station or refinery
Fireworks are strictly prohibited in state parks, according the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, State Parks and Historic Sites. They are also banned in other public parks except for those with a special license.

Husker Du's? Husker Don'ts???

So I guess it's OK to light them off near police stations, courthouses, schools, churches, daycare centers, libraries, non-nuclear power stations, military bases and gun shops. [laugh]
fireworks-.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom