• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fireworks online

I went to buy bottle rockets the other day in NH and was told that I needed to buy a required Rocket Launcher and was required to sign an acknowledgment letter stating that I was aware of the rocket launcher RSA.

I went to buy bottle rockets the other day in NH and was told that I needed to buy a required Rocket Launcher and was required to sign an acknowledgment letter stating that I was aware of the rocket launcher RSA.
I actually thought you were joking until I Googled. Holy f***, it's for real:

Then again, here in the Constipation State bottle rockets are strrrrrrrictly verboten.

Modern firecrackers and jumping jacks and the like are so disappointing. Back in the 70's and 80's you could actually break things with firecrackers. Model airplanes, glass bottles(not a good idea) piles of dog poop(also not a good idea) etc Now they barely break open yawn.

So....based on the name, "Bottle rocket," would not the proper launcher be....a bottle?

Yeah, I read it. It's just a sort of .gov silliness that created a "Firearms ID" card, that is not acceptable for Firearms (which in the DPRM means handguns).

Ironically, an auto-drop system, down a piece of pipe, was my preferred launch system: just have the fuse bent over the end.

in Jr High there were a couple of kids that had them, in HS we had a kid from Revere in our shop ... he could get you anything.... post college a friend of mine had a storage locker full of the good stuff, I'd take orders at work in the morning, go to his shop at lunchtime and pick it up for the guys in my shop... after that my Dad would always stop in the Carolina's and get stuff on the way back from one of his many trailer trips with Mom... before Jr HS my Dad was a local cop, we got the stuff he confiscated.

I spent a lot of time in Marshfield in y youth, there were bonfires on the beach every July 3rd (until the local FD decided no more) and the amount and quality of fireworks were amazing.

I still say it was the equivalent to the fall of Saigon....

...not according to the NH RSA. It has to be HDPE plastic and designed specifically for bottle rockets. You also need to have the launcher with you to buy additional bottle rockets.
This is because from the 80s? up until last year, they were banned in NH. The launcher was a concession that was made to legalize rockets. The idea being that maybe someone would use them instead of thug lyfing it, good luck with that. Those shitty things will still be the most abused devices, lmao....

Neither I nor anyone I know would ever be in possession of something like that of course, but I once heard a story about a guy who had some ‘seal bombs’, and they were awesome! I heard. Best things I heard about since I heard about quarter sticks some twenty years back.

Now back to your regularly scheduled oppression...
We made our own M80s and M100 Silver Salutes. Not letting go of the recipe. ATF might be watching! May be Maura as well. Think OPSEC!

This like so many other stupid rules from the idiot rulers of the surfs of mass should just be ignored. As a matter of fact just about everything that comes out of the governor's office or the state legislator should just be ignored.

I once lit up a 1/4 stick and threw it across the street when I was high school. I surely ran back in the house and hid myself post haste.

Back in the 90's I tossed one out the window of the truck inside the old South Station Tunnel.
Wow, it was freakin' loud in there!
Cars were swerving and jamming the brakes, they had no clue WTF happened.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

Back in the 90's I tossed one out the window of the truck inside the old South Station Tunnel.
Wow, it was freakin' loud in there!
Cars were swerving and jamming the brakes, they had no clue WTF happened.

[rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

So, in addition to picking up wrecks, you also cause them? [laugh]

Back in the 70's i was at Fort Carson, and a

It appears Sky fell asleep mid-sentence!

Last edited:
At a 4th of July part we had some helium leftover from the balloons for the kids,so we filled a trash bag with the helium,attached a m80 and a cigarette to the string and let it go.that was pretty cool to watch after it drifted for about 5 min. then explode.

Used to go into the North End. Maybe Endicott Street or Prince Street?

The street was hard to get to with all the one ways. There were only 1 or 2 ways to get on the street and those selling had lookouts.

I was sitting there placing an order one day and I hear someone yell out. Kid says get the eff out of here and come back in 15 minutes. Cops were making a drive through.

We'd park the car and sit and wait. Kid would walk up after some small talk ask what they had. He'd hand me a piece of paper with a list of stuff and prices. I'd place the order. Sometimes I'd sit there. Sometimes I'd come back in 10 minutes. I'd give them cash and get a brown paper bag full of the good stuff.

I miss the good ol' days...

An uncle of a friend of mine used to set up and run fireworks displays in the area.

We managed to get one of the large aerial shells without the launch booster.

Tied it to a 6" diameter tree, and manged to take about 4' out of the trunk....massively loud!

One year in our neighborhood so many fire crackers were lit off there was a red carpet blanketing the area.
The only other time I saw so much of the red carpet was in Boston in the early 80's, China town for Chinese new year, you could walk into any store buy some and light them off in the street.
we had bottle rocket fights with the locals, all good fun.
As a kid we would buy them from a guy in the town plot Waterbury CT.

simple fireworks taught a good lesson, the power of a simple firecracker was respected.

People had more sense back then. Too many idiots blowing fingers off these days.

Yeah. I don't think so. I think people were just as stupid back then. What's different is our % of Karens who think they need to save everyone from everything.

We used to get our fireworks from the italian kids behind Martignetti's at Haymarket (1980s). They had everything you wanted, cash-n-carry.

Oh man. We got a brick of bottle rockets (those thing with the toothpick thin stick and just went up and boom - not those huge things that they now call bottle rockets) from my grandfather 1980-ish. Maybe 77-78? I would have never remembered that he went to the North End until you said that.

...not according to the NH RSA. It has to be HDPE plastic and designed specifically for bottle rockets. You also need to have the launcher with you to buy additional bottle rockets.

Must be the mASSachoozians taking over NH that thought up that one. ;)

My first experience with fireworks was on Elmer St, July 4, 1976. I was 7. A family down the street from my grandmother drove to Disney the previous week and stocked up on the way back. Elmer Rd was pretty much barely moving at 9pm and they had bottle rockets and those whirly things you nailed to the telephone pole and sparklers and other small 1970's era fireworks. Here I was 7 years old in 1976 and I'd never even seen a sparkler before!

It was truly a fun night. 6 more years until the 250th. I can't wait! I'm hoping that we aren't in the toilet and we have another resurgence of patriotism and revitilization of historic places in Boston and elsewhere. (The Bicentennial did more to advance history in mASS than possibly anything that's ever been seen. I only hope that this generation can appreciate it the way I did back then.)

At my local wallyworld, the first end cap in the door is packaged fireworks. There is usually a dozen or more venders along the local highway with huge tents or trailers in parking lots with tons of fireworks.

Drive to NH, use the Back roads to go Home, and stay off the Radar......
I'm 67 and when I was 13+ (back in Massachusetts) Fireworks were deemed Illegal then, as they are now... Most Fireworks companies or suppliers PROBABLY WON'T ship to mass (I could be very wrong though)
If you're brave enough to have them shipped...... You're at your Peril.....
Like I said, DRIVE TO NH and buy your stuff..... Then come Home and Light em up!!
Straight from atlas fireworks..... State Laws – Atlas Firework Lotsa other stores in NH and NO tax.....
BTW, Half the fun is NOT GETTING CAUGHT!

Last edited:
My wife and I went to Sams Club yesterday to do some shopping.
Right next to the beer/wine aisle was a nice collection of fireworks.
I already knew that there are a lot fewer restrictions down here; I just googled to see what they actually are:

What fireworks can you buy in Georgia?

In Georgia, all fireworks classified as DOT 1.4G (consumer fireworks) are legal to purchase and use as stated in the Georgia General Assembly House Bill 727.The fireworks that you can legally buy in retail stores across Georgia include:

• Bottle Rockets
  • Sky Rockets
  • Roman Candles
  • Firecrackers
  • Sparklers
  • Smoke and Punk
  • Fountains
  • Missiles
  • Novelties
  • Crackle and Strobe
  • Parachutes
  • Wheels and Spinners
  • Sky Flyers
  • Display Shells
  • Aerial Items (Cakes)
Who Can Buy Consumer Fireworks in Georgia?

In Georgia, you must be 18 years or older to purchase fireworks. There is not an exact age for igniting them, but Georgia.gov reminds residents to remember that most injuries happen to kids under 16.

It is illegal to light fireworks under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

When Can You Light Fireworks in Georgia?

While technically you can ignite fireworks all year, they were really meant for the holidays. In particular, July 4 and New Year's. On those days, the hours are extended:

New Years: until 1 a.m.

Fourth of July: until midnight

Any other day: Not after 9 p.m.

Where Can You Light Fireworks in Georgia?

It depends on where you live. Some private communities, including HOAs, condos or apartment complexes, may prohibit fireworks, while others may set aside a spot to ignite them. Bottom line: check your communities laws and bylines to be sure.

There are some places where fireworks are banned, including on roads and highways.

It is illegal to light fireworks within 100 yards of a:

• Hospital
  • Nursing home
  • Prison
  • Nuclear power plant
  • Gas station or refinery
Fireworks are strictly prohibited in state parks, according the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, State Parks and Historic Sites. They are also banned in other public parks except for those with a special license.

I once tied a bottle rocket with a tiny pully on a clothesline and laughed as it went all the way to the end and exploded...

Counts as 'On-line"...?

Back
Top Bottom