• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

first 10 22 build

So i recently purchased a brand new dead stock ruger 10-22 carbine and want to do a classy build. Ive been considering an Octagonal Barrel from Whistle Pig, and they also have a nice Walnut stock on their site.

The trigger is atrocious, and i would like to equip it with open sights as well as a scope but the octagonal barrel may prevent that.

Can you recommend a good trigger group or method of reducing and smoothing the pull? i would greatly prefer to have a metal trigger guard, but if the stock trigger can be worked well enough i will leave it. I don't want to skimp but also don't want to bust my $800 dollar budget for parts.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts, qualms, quandaries, conundrums? Let me hear what you think!

Dom

I know a lot of people mod their 10/22's. I personally have never really seen the point to it. I love the 10/22 platform just the way it is. For the most part, they're tack drivers without spending $1k

Kidd and Volquartsen both make great parts for 10/22's. I have a simple Volquartsen hammer upgrade and the trigger pull is light and crisp, for very cheap money. Check out rimfirecentral.com - a ton (almost too much) info and ideas for your Ruger. Enjoy

If you don't want to spend a fortune just drop a VQ kit in it. If you feel up to it you can stone the hammer yourself and get a similar result. Check out some of the Liberty Rifle threads for some more info. If you want a good set of irons (but no scope) look at the Tech-sights

I put the Volquartsen trigger in one of mine and it is good. Much better than stock. I have also done parts upgrades from the same company with decent results.

Back
Top Bottom