• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First buck of the year.

Got one this morning. About a 20 yard shot. He went down to a pond that is about a 100 yards across and tried to swim to the other shore but didnt make it. I had to strip down to my skivvies and swim to get him. Lucky its almost 70 degrees out there! Then I had a nasty drag uphill through some thick ass pines. Off to get him tagged.

026zh.jpg

028fl.jpg

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 62
Nice buck. Just curious why did you shoot him while in the water instead of waiting until he stepped out?

Such a shot is not permitting here in RI but your state/local may differ- RI Reg 1.3.1 Hunting, pursuing, or molesting deer below mean high tidal water, or while deer are swimming in any waters of the state is prohibited.

Congrats! I know you bag a lot on the island, what's your average?

I've had no luck. Went this morning with a friend, and we had 30 minutes of the last of the cold rain. He got down to warm up, walked around and jumped a spike, tried to hurd it back toward me, no luck. When he returned to his stand, the deer had pooped in his shooting lane at a scent wick. LOL

Back
Top Bottom