• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First buck!!

Nice!

Congratulations, great first deer!! I was out all day today and didn't see anything. Got up on a small mountain later and it started sounding like a shooting gallery back down in the valley. Oh well, going out again tomorrow with my dad, hopefully we get a shot at something.

Congrats and good job!

Consider keepig the whole head and antlers. Google "European Mount". Others may know more about it, but I believe it involves boiling the head.

Just found it on ehow.com and there are full mounts (less the lower jaw, and uses boiling and hydrogen peroxide), and half mounts where you cut from the nose to the top of the head (probably mounts to a plaque easier and uses salt then bleach). Pretty satisfying to do youself. My buddy hung his high in the woods for the winter until he could get time to do it in the Spring.

Last edited:
So did you have a jar of peanut butter? I figure that is the reason for the tongue hanging out[grin]

No really congrats I was skunked this year. as far as your time goes field dressing isn't a competition take your time and do it right it goes a long way in making sure the meat taste the way it is supposed to

Back
Top Bottom