• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Defense in Uxbridge closing due to MGTOW

That was my go-to store for all firearms purchases. Sad to see them go.
Shelley actually called me a little while back telling me that they were closing and that I had $90 in store credit, unfortunately could not make it to the store, but definitely appreciate the gesture.

I wish both of them the very best.

No question. I think opening a gun shop, or maintaining one, in 2022/23 is tough as hell. LOTS of competition out there. It was nice for a bit of time when there were only a few shops and suddenly everyone wanted a gun. Now it's boom and bust cycles. And TBH, I think the bust cycles are going to prevail as we earn more of our rights back. It's hard to have an Obama-era backlash in gun sales when the SC says, "sure those folks died over there and it's tragic, but this is a Constitutional right so go sit back down!"

Something similar happened to bikes - there was a huge bicycle boom during the pandemic, now there is a glut of used bikes on the market and new bike sales slowed down big time.

I did like that shop and this isn't their fault but i never bought another gun there after i bought my walther p22 there... i hated that gun

Shelley actually called me a little while back telling me that they were closing and that I had $90 in store credit, unfortunately could not make it to the store, but definitely appreciate the gesture.
I believe in that case that it's supposed to be turned over to the state and made available to you under the "FindMassMoney" routine (which is a PITA and a half). You should see if they did that.

I believe in that case that it's supposed to be turned over to the state and made available to you under the "FindMassMoney" routine (which is a PITA and a half). You should see if they did that.
The problems that I've had with MassMoney is that they demand a COPY of your SS Card and in the case of my Father's "found money" ($24), they demanded that I reopen his estate from 1987! Traveling to the Canton Probate Court and paying any fee to re-open an estate would cost me a lot more than the $24! They can keep the money. I'm not giving them copies of my SS card either. The state's databases aren't secure enough for my risking a stolen identity problem.

The problems that I've had with MassMoney is that they demand a COPY of your SS Card and in the case of my Father's "found money" ($24), they demanded that I reopen his estate from 1987! Traveling to the Canton Probate Court and paying any fee to re-open an estate would cost me a lot more than the $24! They can keep the money. I'm not giving them copies of my SS card either. The state's databases aren't secure enough for my risking a stolen identity problem.
Oh, no question, FindMassMoney is a flaming, dripping bag of garbage. I'm doing a go-around with them now because of a lost check for my business mistakenly made out to me and my business. They keep having a problem with my never having lived at my business address (no kidding).

Since he bought Shelley out of the business, there likely isn't any divorce-related reason to move.

That said, someone asked on FacePlant in the comments. Dennis didn't answer.
Cool. It's been a while since I've been down to his shop, so it's about time I head down there again.

Unless I missed it, the small gun shop in Norwood, on pleasant street is closed. Building is up for sale.

Next time, I’m going to skip getting married. Instead, I’m going to find someone who hates me, and give them half of everything I own.
To quote Lewis Grizzard, “I don’t think I’ll get married again, I’ll just find a woman who hates me and buy her a house.”

Tell me about it. Less than a year ago we suddenly found out that was over $20,000 that belong to my dad's estate. Because my mother had also passed after my dad the only way to get the money was to reopen his estate. I had the petition the court to reopen the estate and then spend about $3500 in various court and lawyers fees Etc to get the work done to reclaim that $20,000. It took about 6 months to get everything done.

If you didn't know better you might think that they make it as hard as possible on purpose so they didn't have to give you the money.

We all know that they would never do that. :rolleyes:

Tell me about it. Less than a year ago we suddenly found out that was over $20,000 that belong to my dad's estate. Because my mother had also passed after my dad the only way to get the money was to reopen his estate. I had the petition the court to reopen the estate and then spend about $3500 in various court and lawyers fees Etc to get the work done to reclaim that $20,000. It took about 6 months to get everything done.

My uncle has some unclaimed property worth about $27,000 and all his siblings are dead, his wife is dead and all the kids are dead. I'd sure like to find a way to grab that money just so the state doesn't get it but I'm not even going there.

If you didn't know better you might think that they make it as hard as possible on purpose so they didn't have to give you the money.

We all know that they would never do that. :rolleyes:

I’ve claimed money from the state for my late mother, late wife, and myself with no problems like that. Fill out the forms and a death certificate (photocopy was fine) wait for the check.

I’ve claimed money from the state for my late mother, late wife, and myself with no problems like that. Fill out the forms and a death certificate (photocopy was fine) wait for the check.
I did all that and they responded that I needed to reopen the estate. For the money inmy or my Wife's name, they demanded SS cards.

Back
Top Bottom