First Defense in Uxbridge closing due to MGTOW

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Well I was at First Defense in Uxbridge today and Dennis indicated his wife wants a divorce and because of that he has to close up the business so the assets can be split. Well that sucks. His shop has been a good one in the area.

I should have told him to join the MGTOW thread. He’s definitely onboard.

Well I was at First Defense in Uxbridge today and Dennis indicated his wife wants a divorce and because of that he has to close up the business so the assets can be split. Well that sucks. His shop has been a good one in the area.

no matter how hard you try the MGTOW Tthread and movement will not be closed!!!

This belongs in the MGTOW thread. And why aren’t we blaming her😂

Dude, what?

Sell me the shop for $10.
Get divorced.
Then I sell it back for $10, 2 beers and a steak.

I'm very sorry to read this. Dennis and Shelley are very nice folks. I signed them both up as GOAL members at a gun show just before they opened the store. I wish them both well and sorry to see the store shut down.
Yep. Horrible news. Dennis and Shelley always seemed so great together. I had heard the rumor a few weeks back and didn't want to believe it. :(

I bought my first AR from Dennis And Shelley back in 2009 and a whole lot since. :cool:

I don't quite get why the shop has to close, but what do I know of their relationship and finances? Nothing. :confused:

I was down there last week. Got some of the details but it really seemed typical of most divorces. Bought a rifle and shot the shit for a bit. Indicated that once everything is finalized he will probably reopen under a new name and will start running the classes again which I am looking forward too.

I was down there last week. Got some of the details but it really seemed typical of most divorces. Bought a rifle and shot the shit for a bit. Indicated that once everything is finalized he will probably reopen under a new name and will start running the classes again which I am looking forward too.
It’s unfortunate that all the 4473s will soon be digitized into a searchable database.

Sorry to hear. Always liked FD. Took Utah LTC with Dennis. Remember Shelley calling me when my 10/22 custom build parts came in (was on a bus to the airport in the Bahamas and was wondering why I was getting strange looks from other riders while talking about the parts and delivery ;-)

Culverine Firearms in feeding hills looks like it is going away.

According to the Culverine thread last month, the store itself was being purchased and would be staying open. But they were not sure of the future name. Wonder if this has changed?

Said by someone that does not have a prenup, nor understands how they work and how useless they are for most people.

Great advice, bro. Keep it coming.
You need to brush up on your Ye lyrics. Even this white boy spotted that. But you're right; for 99% of people they're useless.

This is such a bummer. Dennis is such a good dude, and an amazing instructor and leader of our shared beliefs. I am sure he will find his footing where it belongs, but certainly a shame to loose this shop and resource being a local near Uxbridge. Best of luck!

Sorry to see this. When I lived in MA I bought a few things there. An AR upper. My M&P9c w/ APEX components they installed. And, notably, an AR lower I purchased (purely by coincidence) the 12th of July 2016, just before Healey went thermonuclear

Best of luck to you in the future, Dennis!! I hope you come out of this healthy and renewed

Yeah, I'm not buying that. It's an ongoing concern. I'm betting he's got an alleged pile of $ tied up in inventory (that's on the books for way more than it's worth because of creative accounting for years) and she thinks it's worth something OR it's not making much $ in the first place. Or And/Or.

If you've got a successful ongoing concern and a lawyer with half a brain, you're negotiating a payment plan with the Ex. Not liquidation of a profitable business.

Yeah, I'm not buying that. It's an ongoing concern. I'm betting he's got an alleged pile of $ tied up in inventory (that's on the books for way more than it's worth because of creative accounting for years) and she thinks it's worth something OR it's not making much $ in the first place. Or And/Or.

If you've got a successful ongoing concern and a lawyer with half a brain, you're negotiating a payment plan with the Ex. Not liquidation of a profitable business.
He pretty much explains that on his FacePlant page. Sounds like he has had it with the shop for now and welcomes the break, especially with the divorce going on.

No question. I think opening a gun shop, or maintaining one, in 2022/23 is tough as hell. LOTS of competition out there. It was nice for a bit of time when there were only a few shops and suddenly everyone wanted a gun. Now it's boom and bust cycles. And TBH, I think the bust cycles are going to prevail as we earn more of our rights back. It's hard to have an Obama-era backlash in gun sales when the SC says, "sure those folks died over there and it's tragic, but this is a Constitutional right so go sit back down!"

Back
Top Bottom