First Fish of the 2009 Season

I can't believe this is the first one I caught this year. [frown]
I always snap a shot of the first one from the season. Kodak 110, disc, 35, digital. There's pictures of my first somewhere in a box from when I was 8 or 9. This one is not a proud addition to the collection.
He was an ambitious little bugger. The spinner bait he munched on was the size of his head. I did catch bunch of others including some pickerel that were nice(no trout on my flies though) but this is the traditional first one.
Man I hope it gets better.

wclsv8.jpg

she's a beaut! congrats [grin]
Thanks [thinking] [smile]

My buddy would have used that one as bait. Can't wait to get the boat in the water this year!

It's a semi private lake that doesn't get fished much. Toss him back hoping it'll get big and fat.
Yeah, I'm repainting the deck and hull and refinishing the wood in my canoe to use on the lake across the street. I can not wait 'til it's all ready to go.
Refurbed a transom mount 35lb to try out on it too.

[rofl][rofl]

that is not what i was expecting!!

at least you caught something!! so far, i have been fishing while watching the bf reel in a trout on a stupid looking lure that trout shouldn't go after! [laugh]

I can't believe this is the first one I caught this year. [frown]
I always snap a shot of the first one from the season. Kodak 110, disc, 35, digital. There's pictures of my first somewhere in a box from when I was 8 or 9. This one is not a proud addition to the collection.
He was an ambitious little bugger. The spinner bait he munched on was the size of his head. I did catch bunch of others including some pickerel that were nice(no trout on my flies though) but this is the traditional first one.
Man I hope it gets better.

wclsv8.jpg

That would make a great mount [wink]

[rofl][rofl]

that is not what i was expecting!!

at least you caught something!! so far, i have been fishing while watching the bf reel in a trout on a stupid looking lure that trout shouldn't go after! [laugh]

My neighbor walks onto his dock with a few pieces of wonderbread. Balls it up and instant trout.
Stupid farm raised fish. [sad2]

i have been fishing mostly powereggs, but nothing yet.

this weekend the boat will be in the shop, so we are going to long pond with our waders.

i just want one fish-- even if it is small [laugh]

congrats on your catch!

i have been fishing mostly powereggs, but nothing yet.

this weekend the boat will be in the shop, so we are going to long pond with our waders.

i just want one fish-- even if it is small [laugh]

congrats on your catch!

Wait. What boat is going into the shop? The new one?!?!?!

BTW, My father keeps calling to tell me how he's killing on pink powerbait.

Wait. What boat is going into the shop? The new one?!?!?!

BTW, My father keeps calling to tell me how he's killing on pink powerbait.
yeah-- the new one [grin] they are installing the new fishfinder/gps.

so far i have only been using the chartreuse powerbait... i am going to try the pink!

Back
Top Bottom