• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Hog Hunt with Brian

I know-this should be in the H&F forum, but I don't hit the population when bragging on my young man. We went hog hunting last week in FL with a few stops on the way home (Parris Island, The Nat'l Marine Corps Museum, Iwo memorial, Arlington) He initially wanted to use his longbow or flintlock. The frizzen broke on the ML a few days before, so that was out and was replaced by my Pietta .44 cap and ball revolver. The longbow turned out to be way too long (go figure) to get in and out of the truck quickly. On the first hunt, the dogs bayed a pig, we jumped out and crossed a creek about nipple deep to get to him-and so goes the revolver. Well, being able to improvise, adapt and overcome, this is result. The dog that bayed it got gored in 3 spots for a total of 12 stitches and was dying to go after a day of rest (the rib leftovers my son brought as thanks probably helped)

BrianHog8.jpg

BrianHog7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom