First Purchase

bigpick

NES Member
Picked up my LTC yesterday afternoon and went and purchased a shield 9mm today. I've always shot it well and took a liking to the gun when I first started so it was an easy decision for me. Although Corrine Mosher told me to go buy a Canik TP9sf in my dream last night so I think I might do that so I have a range gun too. Do you all remember your first gun and why you bought that one?

Picked up my LTC yesterday afternoon and went and purchased a shield 9mm today. I've always shot it well and took a liking to the gun when I first started so it was an easy decision for me. Although Corrine Mosher told me to go buy a Canik TP9sf in my dream last night so I think I might do that so I have a range gun too. Do you all remember your first gun and why you bought that one?
More than welcome to try my Canik 1st

My 1st Gun was a S&W Border patrol 586

Sig 220, thought it would be the perfect "everything" gun, boy was I wrong. Great gun though and I still kick myself for selling it.

My first handgun was a Browning Hi power. Loved that gun, 15 rd mags. Shot a lot of rounds through it. Many years ago had some financial hard times and sold a lot of my guns, this is the one that haunts me the most, well that and my stainless mini 14 :(.

Bought an xD45 when I was in AZ. Tried a dozen or so pistols and revolvers, that was the first one that fit my paws. Still have it, like shooting it, just too big (double stack 45) to reliably conceal and mags are stupid expensive so I only have 4.

First one a shield 40. hated the trigger glad to see it go turned it in towards a 1911. and my passion for the 1911s began.

AO M1911 bought at a sporting goods store in Wyoming in 1994 or 95. No license, no waiting period, little paperwork.

Traded it later to a friend for an unmolested LE No 1 Mk 5 Jungle Carbine. I got the long end of that deal.

My first handgun was a S&W 36 one of the best carry guns you can have.

Sig 226 because it fits great and is what I learned to shoot on.
Also because I knew it was larger than I'd want to carry, thus creating the need for another handgun.

Sig P250 compact.

Researched the shit out which guns are most appropriate for a beginner. All led towards mastering the DAO trigger. Finally found this thing online, last in stock, and a pain in the ass to transfer. Carried it for a year until the S&W shield rebate. Prob won't carry it ever again but still awesome times at the range. [mg]

My first handgun was a Sig 239 from Four Seasons. I bought a Sig 220 a couple years later. I have since sold both of them--I realized I shot other guns better.

Do you all remember your first gun and why you bought that one?
sure do...my first rifle was a plainfield machine m1 carbine bought ~ '69-'70 at bernie goulds in medford cause i thought it was cool. anyone one remember him? my first handgun was a smith m29. bought after i saw dirty harry in '71 or '72. they were scarce as the hens tooth, too. saw an ad in the old ad-vertiser magazine after looking for months. guy bought it for an alaskan hunt and never went. brand new, 6 1/2" pinned bbl, recessed chambers, diamond grips, wood box, tools and paperwork. 250 bucks. he wanted 300 but dropped it 50 cause we were members of the same gun club. no, don't still have it. [sad2]

My first was a sig 226 in 9mm. I still have it, but like may of it's friends it lives in the safe and doesn't see the light of day enough.

My first gun was a Ruger P89, 25+ years ago. It was a big, ugly, brick, but it had decent capacity and fit my budget at the time. I held onto it for about a year, then traded it in for a Kahr K9.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1200px-Ruger_P89_1.jpg
    1200px-Ruger_P89_1.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 203
Bought a 100$ mosin. First pistol was a shield. Hated it at first but fixed the trigger and love it now. Carry it in the summer. Still have the mosin but I haven't taken it out in a year or more.

First long gun was a Browning sweet sixteen back in 87. Still have it. First handgun was a Ruger p85 for $350 brand new

Listen to Mosher. Buy the Canik for 350 brand new. It's a lot better shooter than my P85 was

maverick 88 'cause i figured all i was going to need was a home defense shotty, and a revolver for carry (roll eyes $5K later)

I hear your from North shore.....where do u shoot?

Oh and my first gun was a Ruger sp101 in 357 mag bobbed hammer 2 1/4 inch barrel. I still carry it daily. I shoot it well and boy does she BARK with 125 grain 357 mag

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom