First real sturdy belt............. night and day difference!

As the title says I just received my new belt and couldn't be happier. It came in a matter of a few days and was exactly as I ordered. Amish double thick belt for just over $30 and free shipping. Almost sounded too good to be true. I will be ordering a brown one as well. I would have ordered them both at the same time but with the free shipping I played it safe and ordered just one in case it showed up and was flimsy. Don't wast the time order one in each color you won't be disappointed.

linky here http://www.hanksclothing.com/belts.html

edit: be sure to order 1 or even 2 sizes up so you aren't using the last hole on belt. read the sizing instructions. I ordered 2+ from me actual pant size.

Last edited:
Thanks Tater!
Ive been pondering a CCW belt for some time and was not planning on spending big $$$ for a belt.
Got a Black Amish Belt. Reviews were outstanding. Should be perfect.

I've been thinking about ordering a belt from.... Sandy Langlois? A local NES person that does leatherwork.

Does anyone have an opinion on Sandy's belts vs these?

eta. Close but no cigar on the name...

Andy Langlois

Last edited:
I've been thinking about ordering a belt from.... Sandy Langlois? A local NES person that does leatherwork.

Andy Langlois

Interested in this as well. In the market for my first belt but cant decide between this or one from Andy

Andy Langlois

I have been wearing one of Andy's as my main belt and CCW belt for over 3 years or so. Still in just as good condition as the day it arrived. Highly recommend supporting Andy.

I have been wearing the plain black version of this Amish belt from HanksClothing.com (CCW and non-CCW) and love it. You really can't go wrong for the price.

real questions for you guys

How much does your gun weigh and does it sag? At all? little bit, alot?
How is the buckle holding up mainly the middle pin?
any cracking of the leather?
How often do you wear it and is it comfortable?
can I rip it off and slap people with it like pootie tang?

Standard black belt and buckle from The Belt Man.
Not much more than a standard belt... Certainly not enough to notice and say to myself, "Self, this belt sure weighs a lot." No sag at all.
Buckle is holding up great after 3+ years of use
No cracking leather. Looks as good as the day I bought it
Everyday. Yes it's comfortable, otherwise I wouldn't wear it.
If you buy your own, you may rip it off and slap people with it. However, I would advise against attempting to rip mine off.

Worth every penny. Makes my every day carry disappear weight-wise. Can't say enough good things about it.

I got one from the Beltman and it fell apart. I got one brown and one black from Andy. They are outstanding for casual or suit wear. I like the 1 1/4" belts versus the 1 1/2".

If anyone is interested, i bought a belt off fellow NES'r Andy L. he does great work but I forgot to mention that it was for IWB carry so it was not sized for me to do so. It's Black. Embossed. Has Edging. Silver buckle. Very nice belt. sized at 32/33 inches and has a few notches above and below. NEVER USED. If you're interested, PM me. $40. and i'll get it out to you.

Last edited:
I got one of the black embossed Amish belts based on the recommendation in this thread. It is a nice belt, and the service was really quick. I can definitely feel the added support, even though I only carry an LC9.

I made the rookie mistake of ordering based on my pant size, and I can only use the first hole on my belt. Definitely pay attention to the sizing instructions, and probably go one size bigger.

Strvecase:

How much does your gun weigh Glock 23 22.36 oz unloaded 31.32 loaded

and does it sag? No At all? No little bit No, alot? No

How is the buckle holding up mainly the middle pin? Great
any cracking of the leather? rubbing behind belt near studs that hold buckle on but no cracking
How often do you wear it and is it comfortable? Daily and yes.
can I rip it off and slap people with it like pootie tang? Slap away Mutha%$#@er!

Strvecase:

How much does your gun weigh Glock 23 22.36 oz unloaded 31.32 loaded

and does it sag? No At all? No little bit No, alot? No

How is the buckle holding up mainly the middle pin? Great
any cracking of the leather? rubbing behind belt near studs that hold buckle on but no cracking
How often do you wear it and is it comfortable? Daily and yes.
can I rip it off and slap people with it like pootie tang? Slap away Mutha%$#@er!

thanks guy thats the answer i was looking for

Amish Belts Black question. I just started to legally CC. I can wear a 36 waist size but now that I started carrying I have gone up to a 38 wile I carry for more room and comfort that is why I am having trouble figuring the correct belt size belt can you please help? 40 might be way to big.

Amish Belts Black question. I just started to legally CC. I can wear a 36 waist size but now that I started carrying I have gone up to a 38 wile I carry for more room and comfort that is why I am having trouble figuring the correct belt size belt can you please help? 40 might be way to big.

I wear a 34 waist, which is a little big since I've recently gotten in better shape. I am probably more like a 32-33, but my 34's give me room to IWB carry. I ordered a 34" Amish belt, and I can only get one hole. When I lay the belt side by side with another 36" belt that I have, it is almost the same length, but I can get another hole in my cheap belt. I'm guessing that this is because it's thinner.

I just ordered another Amish belt in brown, and I got a 36". This should allow me to get the slack through my first belt loop.

In your case, I don't think the 40" would be too big.

I wear a 34 waist, which is a little big since I've recently gotten in better shape. I am probably more like a 32-33, but my 34's give me room to IWB carry. I ordered a 34" Amish belt, and I can only get one hole. When I lay the belt side by side with another 36" belt that I have, it is almost the same length, but I can get another hole in my cheap belt. I'm guessing that this is because it's thinner.

I just ordered another Amish belt in brown, and I got a 36". This should allow me to get the slack through my first belt loop.

In your case, I don't think the 40" would be too big.

I shot them an email with my question I will let you know what they say.

You shouldn't be buying belts based on your pant size. You need to measure an existing belt (end of buckle to crease) or measure your waist with a cloth tape measure.

You shouldn't be buying belts based on your pant size. You need to measure an existing belt (end of buckle to crease) or measure your waist with a cloth tape measure.

I will do this tonight and see what number I get. This is what they said.
Thanks for contacting us.

If you are wearing a 38 jean and using the belt for CC then most people are going up 2 sizes. I can;t guarantee this will work but it is what most of our customers are doing so a 42 belt should be the size. You always can return it for exchange if it is to big or small.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Brian
Hanks Clothing Customer Service
Toll Free 1-866-444-2657

Hey Listen I just got a nice thick brown belt, I wanted black but no black in my size Flint Armament in Fall River has quite a few in stock and the best price I have seen $ 27.99 and let me tell you a good belt is night and day check it out.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to hijack this thread. I just wanted to let you guys and gals know of another good belt deal that I just found.

I've been buying stuff from Springfield Leather recently. Great company with awesome customer service. I was just looking on their website and they are doing an overruns & seconds special on ccw belts. http://www.formstack.com/landing/4400

Just got 2 Amish belts (1 in each color), and I'm impressed. Seriously thick chunk of cow hide, stamped "Made in USA" right on the back, and cheaper than the crap you get at every clothing store.

I ordered one of the [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Amish Belts from Hanks on Friday and it's due to be delivered tomorrow. Quick![/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]It'll be my first "real" gun belt, and regardless how it stacks up against other more expensive gun belts it will be a big step up from the flimsy Kohls-bought belt I have now. [/FONT][grin]

Back
Top Bottom