• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First Step

Cool good luck....though you may want to hold off a little bit to see if they change it from $100/yr to $100/6 yrs.

Really stupid question (just ask Scrivener) - if I do indeed obtain my out-of-state LTC-A, would it be legal for me to carry my Generation 3 Glock 27 (born date:Nov. 07)? Do I still need "pre-ban" mags for my AR-15?

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:
Really stupid question (just ask Scrivener) - if I do indeed obtain my out-of-state LTC-A, would it be legal for me to carry my Generation 3 Glock 27 (born date:Nov. 07)? Do I still need "pre-ban" mags for my AR-15?

The Mass. handguns regs are all about what guns you can buy. (You can't shop for guns here anyway!)

The "assault weapn" stuff is all about what you can posess. Post-94 large capacity magazines (for the AR or anything else) qualify under this law; leave them at home. Happily the Glock 27 mags are small enough to be a non-issue.

The solution is to buy a couple of cripple mags for your handguns and maybe a half dozen prebans for your AR15 for when you'll be in MA (or any other ban state for that matter).

The solution is to buy a couple of cripple mags for your handguns and maybe a half dozen prebans for your AR15 for when you'll be in MA (or any other ban state for that matter).

Unless of course his rifle is in "no-ban" configuration, in that case it would be illegal for him to possess that rifle in MA.

Unless of course his rifle is in "no-ban" configuration, in that case it would be illegal for him to possess that rifle in MA.

The rifle is a "pre-ban" Colt Sporter Lightweight. As stated in previous posts, I have no idea if the mags are "pre-ban" since none of them have dates/date codes and they are not a problem here in NH.

The handgun is a third gen. Glock 27 with 8-9 round mags. The mags are no problem but I was wondering if the fact that the pistol may not be on your state list as acceptable, if that would be a problem since I would be possessing it but not buying it? I know enough not to bother w/ my G22 and >10-round mags.

Ed

"The List" Only applies to new dealer sales, and has no influence on FTF sales, or guns owned/carried legally in the state.

Ok, received the paperwork today. One of the items requested is "employer." As many of you know I am currently unemployed. Will this be a problem and should I wait until I find a job to send in the application? The rest is straight-forward enough.

Ed

I wouldn't lie. Granted the chances of you being caught in a lie is very slim, but why take the chance. Probably an automatic disqualifier. If you're actively looking for a job, there no reason not to wait a few weeks.

If they left a contact number, call and ask, you dont have to leave a name or what not... it wouldnt hurt to ask...

Instead of the Welcome to Massachusetts signs as you enter mass. they should have signs that say you are now leaving America please leave all articles of freedom behind.

If you've had the undated magazines for the Colt since before the federal ban sunset, then they're definitely pre-ban.

Ken

What information is so onerous to provide?

My life >>>> hiding basic personal info that's in plenty of government databases already anyway. YMMV

What information is so onerous to provide?

My life >>>> hiding basic personal info that's in plenty of government databases already anyway. YMMV

I feel that I should just have to send copies of my NH and C&R licenses and $100. Not that I have anything to hide but fingerprints? Mother's maiden name? The rest of the crap? I'll let you massites deal with it.

Ed

I feel that I should just have to send copies of my NH and C&R licenses and $100. Not that I have anything to hide but fingerprints? Mother's maiden name? The rest of the crap? I'll let you massites deal with it.

Ed

I feel funny saying this but compared to a lot of MA residents, non-res applicants from out of state get "gravy train" treatment compared to guys here that live in a "red" or "yellow" town. Out of staters pretty much get "A/None" by default now- they don't have to deal with the bullshit that say, a Boston or Brookline resident has to deal with. The only thing that really blows donkey chunks about the non resident permit is that the duration of the thing is so short. I guess what I'm getting at, is if you think the non-resident app is
obnoxious, try living in an anti gun town in MA for comparison. [laugh]

-Mike

I feel funny saying this but compared to a lot of MA residents, non-res applicants from out of state get "gravy train" treatment compared to guys here that live in a "red" or "yellow" town. Out of staters pretty much get "A/None" by default now- they don't have to deal with the bullshit that say, a Boston or Brookline resident has to deal with. The only thing that really blows donkey chunks about the non resident permit is that the duration of the thing is so short. I guess what I'm getting at, is if you think the non-resident app is
obnoxious, try living in an anti gun town in MA for comparison. [laugh]

-Mike

I understand that and truly feel sorry for you guys/gals. If I lived in that state(which I did for a number of years prior to owning firearms) I would definitely move out.

Back
Top Bottom