Fishing Permit MA

I’ve been checked in thousand times and never had a problem because I do everything legally. That’s not the point.
You said they are looking for a way to jam someone up. He had every reason to jam him up for not having his license on him and let him keep fishing and gave him a way to get out of the ticket.

What is the your point?

You said they are looking for a way to jam someone up. He had every reason to jam him up for not having his license on him and let him keep fishing and gave him a way to get out of the ticket.

What is the your point?
They’re not asking you if you caught anything because they’re nice guys they are 100% looking for a reason to jam people up on every interaction. It’s what they do. Likely he couldn’t because the problem was he couldn’t look him up in the system with no reception. Don’t ever expect a break from any type of game warden or environmental cop.

They’re not asking you if you caught anything because they’re nice guys they are 100% looking for a reason to jam people up on every interaction. It’s what they do. Likely he couldn’t because the problem was he couldn’t look him up in the system with no reception. Don’t ever expect a break from any type of game warden or environmental cop.
Funny.

He never asked if we caught anything. Walked up and asked for our licenses.

I'm not an idiot I know why they are there and what their job is. I agree with and support their work. Licens sales and pitman Robertson/dingle Johnson act taxes support conservation and enforcement of regulations related to conservation. Without that funding and enforcement people would take what they want when they want and need be back to the crap situation this country was in back in the early 1900s......everything hunted and fished to the point where it was terrible for hunters and anglers.

Pittman Robertson act was passed with overwhelming support from hunters. Basically said please tax us....and regulate us.....so we all can continue to hunt.

Funny.

I'm not an idiot I know why they are there and what their job is. I agree with and support their work. Licens sales and pitman Robertson/dingle Johnson act taxes support conservation and enforcement of regulations related to conservation. Without that funding and enforcement people would take what they want when they want and need be back to the crap situation this country was in back in the early 1900s......everything hunted and fished to the point where it was terrible for hunters and anglers.
I support the principle behind the work they do. The problem is here we know exactly who it is that we’re dealing with. Just like the rest.

I have had good and bad interactions with EPO’s.

Just like every other profession there are good people and a$$holes on a power trip.

Law enforcement is like a box of assorted chocolates. You never know who is going to show up so it’s best to keep them out of your life.

I support the principle behind the work they do. The problem is here we know exactly who it is that we’re dealing with. Just like the rest.
I've found interactions with mass epo much different than nh. The mass ones I've encountered seem to not know jack shit. I stated a few posts back about the one that asked about my buck tags in January when I was fishing.

Saw a other one while I was ice fishing that walked the shore line to ask me if the ice was safe enough for walking on. I said I hope so I've been out here for a few hours. He slowly walked out to me.....scared shitless like he was gonna fall through. 🙄

Nh co seem to be more knowledgeable and "hearty outdoors folks" lol

I've found interactions with mass epo much different than nh. The mass ones I've encountered seem to not know jack shit. I stated a few posts back about the one that asked about my buck tags in January when I was fishing.

Saw a other one while I was ice fishing that walked the shore line to ask me if the ice was safe enough for walking on. I said I hope so I've been out here for a few hours. He slowly walked out to me.....scared shitless like he was gonna fall through. 🙄

Should have said, "No!, it's not safe near the shore. I'm stuck here until the cold snap on Tuesday."

You think that's expensive? Try a non resident nh sporting license......costs me $157 every year. Worth every f***ing penny though cuz its a free state and I can hunt on Sundays. f*** mass.
Yea I get it, But i'm not that diehard if that's your thing awesome! My girlfriend and I looking for something fun casual to do this year we have multiple ponds right down the street your already talking $80 bucks for 2 pieces of paper. I would like to believe the money does go to stocking the ponds in the area.

Yea I get it, But i'm not that diehard if that's your thing awesome! My girlfriend and I looking for something fun casual to do this year we have multiple ponds right down the street your already talking $80 bucks for 2 pieces of paper. I would like to believe the money does go to stocking the ponds in the area.
That money goes to stocking many ponds with trout plus conservation efforts.

I can’t speak about the NH game enforcement.
My experience is with USCG, mass state, police, harbormasters, and mass environmental police

You can walk in to Natick Outdoor store and get a New Hampshire non resident fishing or hunting license.

A couple years ago I added it up and between 5 different states I paid about $700 in fishing and hunting licenses.
I’m not thrilled to pay all these fees but take some solace in the fact that most or all that money goes back to conservation, study and wildlife management.
Fishermen and hunters also contribute quite a bit of $ through the Pitman-Robertson act.

I’ve used these facts when discussing with anti hunters/fishermen who does more for conservation.

You think that's expensive? Try a non resident nh sporting license......costs me $157 every year. Worth every f***ing penny though cuz its a free state and I can hunt on Sundays. f*** mass.
NH isn't expensive out of state at all. I buy a Rifle lisc every year and consider it cheap to be able to go up and hunt Sundays.

Other states run 200-300 hundred dollars or more for license and tags. Think I paid like 250 or something for SC last year....at least I bagged a nice 8pt.

Midwest is semi retard for out of staters......300 to 500 and some are draw only.

West is full retard...but you get into Elk and Mule Deer things you can't do here. But they nail out of staters with sky high prices to hunt, residents pay shit.

Montana...non resident Deer/Elk combo is 1200 dollars....and I think its draw only....and Im not even sure if you have to buy tags on top of that. Could be 1500 to 2K before you even set a foot into the woods. Nuts.

Last edited:

Like with any state agency in MA....your gonna get fill ins with zero brains, that are just politically connected and some kids pol dad or mom got them a state job they have no business being in.

Ran into a CT warden like this once......with a deer down...but not dead.

I knew he was an obvious affirmative action hire, when he shot it thru the snout.....then went to go start to drag it while it was still breathing. As I looked on with a total WTF stare of disbelief....... I told him....you better not do that........then the deer nearly kicked him right in the balls. He jumped back like a little school girl....and had no idea WTF to do.

All along his partner who was obviously his junior, but wanting us all to witness this total shit spectacle, hoping Captain Affirmative would get kicked in the nuts so he didn't have to work with him again......anyway...... Junior smiled at us.....took a shotgun out of the truck and put a slug in the deer's neck and said guys we'll bring it over to you on the rack.

My dad and I pissed our pants laughing over that one all the way back to MA.

NH isn't expensive out of state at all. I buy a Rifle lisc every year and consider it cheap to be able to go up and hunt Sundays.

Other states run 200-300 hundred dollars or more for license and tags. Think I paid like 250 or something for SC last year....at least I bagged a nice 8pt.

Midwest is semi retard for out of staters......300 to 500 and some are draw only.

West is full retard...but you get into Elk and Mule Deer things you can't do here. But they nail out of staters with sky high prices to hunt, residents pay shit.

Montana...non resident Deer/Elk combo is 1200 dollars....and I think its draw only....and Im not even sure if you have to buy tags on top of that. Could be 1500 to 2K before you even set a foot into the woods. Nuts.
157 is worth it in nh I hunt to fill the freezer with venison and poke around for rabbit and squirrels early season on Sundays. I'd never pay 500 bucks for an out of state license that's full retard.

We have to pay for their boats. This guy stopped me on the Quabbin last year--first time I've been stopped on the water there in 40 years. I wouldn't have been too upset, as I was fully legal, but he did drive right over where I was fishing. On the other side, a greencoat did drive me home to get a spare key from a boat ramp 15 minutes from home when my dog locked the truck on the ramp with boat still on the trailer. Lot's of pissed off people at the ramp when I got back and I now carry a spare truck key in both of my boats.

Attachments

• IMG_3168 (1).jpg
    IMG_3168 (1).jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 10
We have to pay for their boats. This guy stopped me on the Quabbin last year--first time I've been stopped on the water there in 40 years. I wouldn't have been too upset, as I was fully legal, but he did drive right over where I was fishing. On the other side, a greencoat did drive me home to get a spare key from a boat ramp 15 minutes from home when my dog locked the truck on the ramp with boat still on the trailer. Lot's of pissed off people at the ramp when I got back and I now carry a spare truck key in both of my boats.
Kinda surprised no jurisdiction can be seen on the boat. I worked with a county sheriff emergency services group, and you knew from any vehicle or boat approaching the jurisdiction.

Funny.

Pittman Robertson act was passed with overwhelming support from hunters. Basically said please tax us....and regulate us.....so we all can continue to hunt.
Baaafvckingloney!!!
People back in the depression were hunting and fishing for their next meal for their very survival. They had no other choice.....it was do or die. Both money and food were scarce.

Today there are so many avenues of acquiring money and food without going into the woods or to the river or ocean, that one would be a fool to choose to do so.

My wife's mom grew up in rural Indiana during the depression. She told me when she was a kid, they would have ten or more "hobo's" sitting at an outside table every single evening. Men and women who would work a portion of the field/garden picking weeds and cultivating (with a hoe) all day for a single meal in the evening and a barn to sleep in for the night.
She said they'd also bring back to the house any rabbit or woodchuck they happened upon for the kitchen pot.

My wife's dad grew up during the same time way back in the rural mountains of Tennessee......his daily job along with his three brothers was to go into the woods and bring back anything they could shoot, trap, fish from the water, or pick from a plant.
What they didn't use immediately, they salted and preserved.

Back in the depression days, all those "varmints" you see that people shoot and leave to waste would have been in someone's kitchen pot for dinner.

Baaafvckingloney!!!
People back in the depression were hunting and fishing for their next meal for their very survival. They had no other choice.....it was do or die. Both money and food were scarce.

Today there are so many avenues of acquiring money and food without going into the woods or to the river or ocean, that one would be a fool to choose to do so.

My wife's mom grew up in rural Indiana during the depression. She told me when she was a kid, they would have ten or more "hobo's" sitting at an outside table every single evening. Men and women who would work a portion of the field/garden picking weeds and cultivating (with a hoe) all day for a single meal in the evening and a barn to sleep in for the night.
She said they'd also bring back to the house any rabbit or woodchuck they happened upon for the kitchen pot.

My wife's dad grew up during the same time way back in the rural mountains of Tennessee......his daily job along with his three brothers was to go into the woods and bring back anything they could shoot, trap, fish from the water, or pick from a plant.
What they didn't use immediately, they salted and preserved.

Back in the depression days, all those "varmints" you see that people shoot and leave to waste would have been in someone's kitchen pot for dinner.
Ok you caught me exaggerating. Not enough people hunt and fish these days that if regulations didn't exist it would go back to the 1930s low for huntsbke game.

I do believe that without hubting regulation we'd have problems sustaining huntable populations. What do you think would happen in western mass and nh if there were no rules on deer hunting at all?

Back
Top Bottom