• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Fitchburg COP is an Anti!! *UPDATE* Post #42

Notice this gem in there from "cop 5"?

"Ha! After doing this job for ten years you realize that there's really two kinds of civilians - crooks and crooks who haven't been caught yet. Civilians don't care about the police, so we better watch out for ourselves."

I tried to leave a comment back to "cop5" but apparently saying he was a disgrace to the uniform didnt sit well with the mods there...it was never posted.

IIRC, the motto of many PDs was : To Protect and to Serve (or a sentimnet similar). Apparently, in this guy's view that's no longer the case (the "serve" part, at least).

The line that frosted my cake was: "...Rebel against the police..."

Note Definition 3:

re·bel (r-bl)
intr.v. re·belled, re·bel·ling, re·bels
1. To refuse allegiance to and oppose by force an established government or ruling authority.
2. To resist or defy an authority or a generally accepted convention.
3. To feel or express strong unwillingness or repugnance

If he's setting himself up as a "ruling authority" , well......there ya go!

That MF hasn't seen what rebellion against the police looks like yet.

Booyah!

8_0216feat2.jpg

100% agree.

If the Fitchburg COP ever listened to the scanner he would understand that any police force is NOT the first line of defense.

Fixed it for you. He's one of these "dial 911 and don't get involved" types I don't care if someone lives in west podunk, but law enforcement is rarely available in the time frame required to rebuff the immediate effects of violent crime. Even in the quiet towns where nothing happens, it still might take completely unoccupied officers a few minutes to even get to the scene, and by that time, if something really bad is going down, it will all be over.

Law Enforcement is to clean up the mess, and to some small degree, act as a deterrent/preventative, or to prevent a situation from escalating- and rarely, to actually stop crime in progress. This is nothing against LEOs, it's simply a reality of the situation- They can't be everywhere at once. Of course, guys like DeMoura would love to turn every city and town into a virtual police state if they could.

The first line of defense are always the people that are there when it happens. By the numbers, that's usually not a LEO.

EC1 said:
This has to be the most egotistical statment in quite some time:

"Ours is the only occupation in this country that can legally take a life, save a life, or give life, all on one call for service."

Seems like the armed services, EMTs, ERs, and civilians protecting themselves, their families or others don't count according to this gasbag.

+a billion.

Mike

Don't forget about the tens of millions of Americans living in rural areas (and I don't mean the wide open west) where police response could be anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.

Most rural counties have 3 to 4 deputies at most on patrol at any given shift. And they have to cover areas anywhere from 500 to sometimes as large as a 5000 sq mi.

Don't forget about the tens of millions of Americans living in rural areas (and I don't mean the wide open west) where police response could be anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes.

Most rural counties have 3 to 4 deputies at most on patrol at any given shift. And they have to cover areas anywhere from 500 to sometimes as large as a 5000 sq mi.

Don't forget the urban areas where the response time is just as bad, if not worse!

I was watching a show on WA state troopers once, there was 1 trooper tasked with patrolling something awful like 300 miles of road. They showed him driving 100+ the whole show.

My comment is pending, hope it gets approved. [grin]

Dont hold your breath....the S&E does a poor job at moderating their comments. They used to have a vibrant comment system, but when the moved to Disqus it died. You may have better luck by creating a Disqus account using a Mailinator email.

Back
Top Bottom