• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

flip up sights

Last edited:
Do you intend to actually use them. Or they a fashion accessory?

If its primarily a fashion accessory, how's $11.30 for front and rear . . . shipped??

Magpul MBUS Gen 2 Front + Rear Flip-Up Sights Set - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Don't laugh. I have them on my .22 AR. They actually work fine.

If you want a real sight, I'm fond of the ARMS.

Don

Would these function properly (one at the front and one at the rear of the picatinny rail) on a Keltec SU16?

su16ca_zpsb74d7c12.jpg

I plan to use them, i enjoy the challenge of using irons and do want them for utility. I use my gun for target, varminting, and its my primary defense gun. If my optic ever goes down (aimpoint pro) then I must have a back up just in case.

Dom

I plan to use them, i enjoy the challenge of using irons and do want them for utility. I use my gun for target, varminting, and its my primary defense gun. If my optic ever goes down (aimpoint pro) then I must have a back up just in case.

Dom

You can't go wrong with Troys if you want flip up sights. They regularly run 20% off deals, so wait for that. I have them on both of my 5.56 rifles and like them a lot. If you really want to use the iron sights as a primary sighting device though, consider the LaRue or Daniel Defense fixed iron sights.

I've used Magpul without any problem on a bunch of my AR's. Then I wanted to see what the hype about Troy was. Superior quality in my opinion. Troy will go on my next build.

That's because the $90 ones were designed for actual real rifles. :) The ones at dealextreme aren't even the official PTS magpul airsoft units. For all I know they would work just fine, but I'm not going to assume that. I have read that even Magpul PTS sights have failed on real rifles since it is hard to tell them apart and some people don't realize that magpul has airsoft stuff. I wouldn't use these chinese knock off's on a rifle I may have to rely on.

I was wondering why they were only $11. [laugh]

The last 2 sets I bought from BCM were like $90 a piece.

Back
Top Bottom