• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida becomes 26th state to pass permit-less concealed carry - effective 7/1/23

It's a win for sure. That said there's a shit ton of work to continue on with here.

The good thing is your GOA rep knows exactly what is broken down there and actually has the energy to put himself out there and try to fix things.

He spent a shitload of time using the media, engaging the legislature, engaging the sheriffs who provide input to the legislature, and even harassing the governor. Dude really put himself out there on this one.

FL still has an uphill fight, but at least you have someone good down there that will help.

I guess we'll have to wait until the bill is signed to find that part out. Someone said that one of the Dakotas restricts it to state residents, but I thought it was Wyoming.
No need to wait, you can read the bill for yourself. Florida’s constitutional carry extends to non-residents, as well as Wyoming’s. I posted earlier that currently North Dakota is the sole resident-only constitutional carry state in the country. They have a bill working its way through their legislature that’s looking to extend that to non-residents. It passed out of their House in a unanimous vote and it now sits in their Senate.

While it's likely that the NRA put some money into the effort, it's f*cking annoying when they claim credit and ignore everyone else who worked on getting it passed.
Hey, let them take the arrows from the pissed of anti's while other good guys get things accomplished, more or less, in the shadows.

2 weeks ago there was a big commotion in the neighborhood as a 7 foot gator got lost. It got a little dangerous as it was trying to enter garages and twice got its face into peoples front doors for whatever reason (in other words, you open your door and this thing is leaning its face on your inward opening door). I had my G43 on me and I really wish I could of had my 45X on me instead to be honest. But I can't CCW that thing here its way too large for me to CCW.

Considering how legitimately dangerous the wildlife here is the lack of open carry allowance is 100% full retard. We had a lost black bear with 2 cubs on my front porch a year ago. I go for walks every night. Should I of opened my door and walked into that... again, I would of really prefered more than my 43 is going to give me.

Same goes for the trails here in the strand (swamp) next door. You will for sure see alligators and some of them are real dicks as they block trails. Hell, when I went to Immokalee a few weeks ago to shoot there was a dead gator that got run over by a car. They are like rats and the big ones are not afraid of people.

I haven't seen a panther yet and I am really hoping I don't. Because if I do I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to deal with that f***ing thing.
I have had bobcats in the back yard, and I caught one on one of the driveway cameras last summer when we were in NH.

When the slider to the pool area is open, the dogs get scents on the wind from a huge area in back of the house where the cows are.... sometimes the cows are right on the fence line.

The problem with gators is there is really only one area that is a "kill zone" for them and that is the back of the head, shoot them anywhere else and they just get mad.

So you have to be in back of them to get a chance of hitting a very small area that will stop them

And there is a reason our HOA mandates garage doors have to be down unless you are working in or in front of the garage....

The video is from right up the street, and the pic below was about 5 houses up from me, guy came out to a 3' gator peeking out from under his Vette gator garage skyler.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bJucPtLwPQ

I had my G43 on me and I really wish I could of had my 45X on me instead to be honest. But I can't CCW that thing here its way too large for me to CCW.

Considering how legitimately dangerous the wildlife here is the lack of open carry allowance is 100% full retard. We had a lost black bear with 2 cubs on my front porch a year ago. I go for walks every night. Should I of opened my door and walked into that... again, I would of really preferred more than my 43 is going to give me.
I know they are bricks but what about a G27 or 36 with HC rounds? Or do what Troy Landry and gang do with gators, CHOOT em' with a .22 dead center behind the eyes!

While it's likely that the NRA put some money into the effort, it's f*cking annoying when they claim credit and ignore everyone else who worked on getting it passed.
But that is what NRA does best . . . take credit after someone else does all the heavy lifting! :mad:

Not all that long ago alligators were endangered and had to be "saved from extinction." Now, like really nasty feral hogs they are a nuisance.

If it were up to me I'd allow them to be hunted with no limit until they are under control.
Eat them when you go to Florida.

I wouldn't normally, but there is a time and place for everything.
I certainly wouldn't in Florida it's too f***** up down there wrt crazy people it would attract nuisance problems. I agree it should be 100% legal, regardless.

Curious whether this will apply to non residents since they previously did not give reciprocity to any non-resident permits. I can find any specific info on that. Anyone know?
FL recognized NH permits, among others.
Not that I expect to be in FL in the near future, but it's a win for me in that I don't have to get a non resident CCW permit. At least it doesn't appear that way.

Overall, I'd say that FL is ahead of SC in that in order to get a non resident permit there you need to either live in a contiguous state or own property in SC. They don't recognize ANY non resident permits, so even if I got a FL non resident, it wouldn't do me any good.
SC does now recognize some other OOS permits. FL is not contiguous to SC, but his FL permit was valid there. Not sure when they changed it.
Permits/Licenses This State Honors Listed Below Alaska Arizona Arkansas Delaware Florida Georgia Idaho1 Illinois Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maryland Michigan Minnesota Mississippi3 Missouri Nebraska New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota4 Ohio Oklahoma South Dakota2 Texas Tennessee Virginia West Virginia Wyoming. South Carolina Does Not Honor Non-Resident Permits/Licenses. You must be a resident of the state they honor for your permit to be valid in South Carolina. (Must be 21 Years of Age.) (handgunlaw.us)
2 weeks ago there was a big commotion in the neighborhood as a 7 foot gator got lost. It got a little dangerous as it was trying to enter garages and twice got its face into peoples front doors for whatever reason (in other words, you open your door and this thing is leaning its face on your inward opening door). I had my G43 on me and I really wish I could of had my 45X on me instead to be honest. But I can't CCW that thing here its way too large for me to CCW.

Considering how legitimately dangerous the wildlife here is the lack of open carry allowance is 100% full retard. We had a lost black bear with 2 cubs on my front porch a year ago. I go for walks every night. Should I of opened my door and walked into that... again, I would of really prefered more than my 43 is going to give me.

Same goes for the trails here in the strand (swamp) next door. You will for sure see alligators and some of them are real dicks as they block trails. Hell, when I went to Immokalee a few weeks ago to shoot there was a dead gator that got run over by a car. They are like rats and the big ones are not afraid of people.

I haven't seen a panther yet and I am really hoping I don't. Because if I do I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to deal with that f***ing thing.
So, feed 'em a few Liberals. After enough of their chi'dren or gran' chi'dren get eaten, they might change their minds. When they are screaming for help, and you show up armed (concealed of course) and they beg you for help, you say: "Well, I am legally carrying, but I am not legally allowed to expose it, so, sorry, I can't help you". And walk away.

I certainly wouldn't in Florida it's too f***** up down there wrt crazy people it would attract nuisance problems. I agree it should be 100% legal, regardless.
Not anywhere in the state, ever? Cruising through the everglades on an airboat is worlds away from walking around in crowds of tourists on South Beach.

Actually if you are hunting, fishing or camping in Florida and traveling to/from, open carry is allowed.

790.25(3) h- “Lawful use” authorizes the conceal carry and open carry of firearms while fishing, hunting or camping, or while going to or returning from fishing, hunting or camping. Further section j allows for openly carrying while traveling to/from a gun range. Section n allows for the open carry while on your property or in your place of business.

Some pro gun activists in Punta Gorda open carried while they were walking to the river carrying fishing poles, cops hassled them but ended up dropping the case.

There was no question he was going to sign it, he just had to get back in the state from his "book tour" to do so

Actually if you are hunting, fishing or camping in Florida and traveling to/from, open carry is allowed.

790.25(3) h- “Lawful use” authorizes the conceal carry and open carry of firearms while fishing, hunting or camping, or while going to or returning from fishing, hunting or camping. Further section j allows for openly carrying while traveling to/from a gun range. Section n allows for the open carry while on your property or in your place of business.

Some pro gun activists in Punta Gorda open carried while they were walking to the river carrying fishing poles, cops hassled them but ended up dropping the case.

So in other words, open carry is legal most places everyone here would typically CC anyway

It's a grey area as the law states you must be engaged in lawful hunting, fishing or camping, traveling to/from such activities and to/from a range. The grey area is there isn't an allowance for stopping while traveling (ie gas station/food/supplies) so an interruption in travel might be an issue.

In addition you can open carry on your own property, but only "your" own property, no ability to extend that to guests.

The Armed Fisherman !

I saw the Punta Gorda video, I go to that park all the time... the dog hop in the water at that little beach near the now closed hotel

View: https://youtu.be/dJNFYEKaYVc

Not likely. He's enhanced his pro 2a credentials with this bill, while he could get open carry done it would cost him some political capitol to do so
Yeah I don’t think it’s that likely. Too many RINOs in the FL legislature who actually pass gun control and are opposed to open carry. Not gonna happen until some of those RINOS get voted out.

Back
Top Bottom