• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Florida becomes 26th state to pass permit-less concealed carry - effective 7/1/23

Open carry should be legal. We don't want a strong wind (something they have on occasion down in FL) to blow open a concealment garment and thus give some statist an excuse to practice his felony stop stomp. Maybe next time around they can work that in. After all, we didn't get all this gun control in one shot, it'll take time to chip away at it.

Not that I expect to be in FL in the near future, but it's a win for me in that I don't have to get a non resident CCW permit. At least it doesn't appear that way.

Overall, I'd say that FL is ahead of SC in that in order to get a non resident permit there you need to either live in a contiguous state or own property in SC. They don't recognize ANY non resident permits, so even if I got a FL non resident, it wouldn't do me any good.

It's a win for sure. That said there's a shit ton of work to continue on with here.

At the end of the day all FL has done is saved people some time and money. it's nice, but that's really where it stops.

Excellent! I am hoping that we (LA) will join that list in spring 2024 when we get a real fricken Governor this Fall.

Not that I expect to be in FL in the near future, but it's a win for me in that I don't have to get a non resident CCW permit. At least it doesn't appear that way.

Overall, I'd say that FL is ahead of SC in that in order to get a non resident permit there you need to either live in a contiguous state or own property in SC. They don't recognize ANY non resident permits, so even if I got a FL non resident, it wouldn't do me any good.
Can non residents CCW in FL with no permit? I have no clue myself.

I will take the current win over requiring a license.

To some people it is 100 or 0. Sometimes you can't go straight to 100. FL is not perfect, this bill might not be perfect, but it is a step in the right direction.

Ideally none of this would exist, every State would be CC, we wouldn't have to deal with hours of research every time we travel to not risk ending up in prison for crossing an imaginary line. But we are slowly making progress.

The following GIF is not updated for recent changes, but small progress turns into big progress overall.

Look at the progress the past 13 years.

Right_to_Carry,_timeline (2).gif

Now wash sand from vag and enjoy a victory while continuing to push for the next one.

Last edited:
Open carry should be legal. We don't want a strong wind (something they have on occasion down in FL) to blow open a concealment garment and thus give some statist an excuse to practice his felony stop stomp. Maybe next time around they can work that in. After all, we didn't get all this gun control in one shot, it'll take time to chip away at it.
Yeah why didn't they want open carry legal? Miami cops could say you were "brandishing" just cause wind lifted up your shirt as you said. At least here in MA, we have the freedom to open carry right? As long as we have the gun permission card.

Yeah why didn't they want open carry legal? Miami cops could say you were "brandishing" just cause wind lifted up your shirt as you said. At least here in MA, we have the freedom to open carry right? As long as we have the gun permission card.
The main reason for the opposition to open carry is that the FL legislature is worried that it’s gonna scare off tourists, and FL makes a lot of money from tourism. Fudd lore if you ask me, most of the tourists are already visiting from open carry states. Only a few states in the country actually ban open carry.

At least here in MA, we have the freedom to open carry right? As long as we have the gun permission card.
On paper, yes.

Or maybe I should say, there isn't a law prohibiting it.

Good luck.

The opposition to the new law pulled out the same excuses that were used against the original shall issue law back in 1987- blood in the streets, wild west shootouts etc, etc.

Same stuff that is used against constitutional carry everywhere, indeed against any sort of licensing or carry reform. And the media parrots the line each time.

Never ends up happening, doesn't mean they won't stop trying.

I will take the current win over requiring a license.

To some people it is 100 or 0. Sometimes you can't go straight to 100. FL is not perfect, this bill might not be perfect, but it is a step in the right direction.

Ideally none of this would exist, every State would be CC, we wouldn't have to deal with hours of research every time we travel to not risk ending up in prison for crossing an imaginary line. But we are slowly making progress.

The following GIF is not updated for recent changes, but small progress turns into big progress overall.

Look at the progress the past 13 years.

View attachment 737921

Now wash sand from vag and enjoy a victory while continuing to push for the next one.

Mass should be blue now

well it is nice they don't want to scare the tourists, but when you live in an area with gators, bears, wild pigs, large cats, coyotes, and God knows what else when you take your dog out for a middle of the night piss it would be nice to legally strap on a gun belt over your PJ's for when you are out on the sidewalk.

elastic waist PJ bottoms are not going to support a G17 with a light and laser in a OWB holster and an extra magazine, a good gun belt does

Welcome to Florida, we have a great "stand your ground" law here, just don't let anyone see your gun or else

I don't think so. Those who moved here made it much more conservative
Maybe true in some parts of FL. My experience was in SE FL, Pompano Beach down to Miami, as that was where all of my In-laws migrated from the Boston area. The neighbors and relatives were all liberals and didn't like guns.

Maybe true in some parts of FL. My experience was in SE FL, Pompano Beach down to Miami, as that was where all of my In-laws migrated from the Boston area. The neighbors and relatives were all liberals and didn't like guns.
SEFL is to this day liberal. One of the last liberal strong holds

It's a start. TX went from no carry, to concealed carry, to open carry, to Constitutional Carry over several years. FL will get there after much Sturm und Drang. Much like most other states.
Yup. The left can chip away and the right can put the chips back. The right just seems to take longer.

Lol ... the NRA taking credit for it.

How much work did they really do? (Serious question, I don't know).
My guess was not much in this case.
They messed it up on several occasions before thanks to Marion Hammer (AKA crazy cat lady) back dooring it similar to what happened in New Hampshire.
She's gone and now it passes.

Last edited:
well it is nice they don't want to scare the tourists, but when you live in an area with gators, bears, wild pigs, large cats, coyotes, and God knows what else when you take your dog out for a middle of the night piss it would be nice to legally strap on a gun belt over your PJ's for when you are out on the sidewalk.

elastic waist PJ bottoms are not going to support a G17 with a light and laser in a OWB holster and an extra magazine, a good gun belt does

Welcome to Florida, we have a great "stand your ground" law here, just don't let anyone see your gun or else
2 weeks ago there was a big commotion in the neighborhood as a 7 foot gator got lost. It got a little dangerous as it was trying to enter garages and twice got its face into peoples front doors for whatever reason (in other words, you open your door and this thing is leaning its face on your inward opening door). I had my G43 on me and I really wish I could of had my 45X on me instead to be honest. But I can't CCW that thing here its way too large for me to CCW.

Considering how legitimately dangerous the wildlife here is the lack of open carry allowance is 100% full retard. We had a lost black bear with 2 cubs on my front porch a year ago. I go for walks every night. Should I of opened my door and walked into that... again, I would of really prefered more than my 43 is going to give me.

Same goes for the trails here in the strand (swamp) next door. You will for sure see alligators and some of them are real dicks as they block trails. Hell, when I went to Immokalee a few weeks ago to shoot there was a dead gator that got run over by a car. They are like rats and the big ones are not afraid of people.

I haven't seen a panther yet and I am really hoping I don't. Because if I do I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to deal with that f***ing thing.

While it's likely that the NRA put some money into the effort, it's f*cking annoying when they claim credit and ignore everyone else who worked on getting it passed.

Lol ... the NRA taking credit for it.

How much work did they really do? (Serious question, I don't know).

Just in time for my next vacation, couldn't carry there before because they don't recognize mAss's permit (because mAss doesn't recognize theirs) and they don't recognize Utah NR, sweet

Not all that long ago alligators were endangered and had to be "saved from extinction." Now, like really nasty feral hogs they are a nuisance.

If it were up to me I'd allow them to be hunted with no limit until they are under control.

2 weeks ago there was a big commotion in the neighborhood as a 7 foot gator got lost. It got a little dangerous as it was trying to enter garages and twice got its face into peoples front doors for whatever reason (in other words, you open your door and this thing is leaning its face on your inward opening door). I had my G43 on me and I really wish I could of had my 45X on me instead to be honest. But I can't CCW that thing here its way too large for me to CCW.

Considering how legitimately dangerous the wildlife here is the lack of open carry allowance is 100% full retard. We had a lost black bear with 2 cubs on my front porch a year ago. I go for walks every night. Should I of opened my door and walked into that... again, I would of really prefered more than my 43 is going to give me.

Same goes for the trails here in the strand (swamp) next door. You will for sure see alligators and some of them are real dicks as they block trails. Hell, when I went to Immokalee a few weeks ago to shoot there was a dead gator that got run over by a car. They are like rats and the big ones are not afraid of people.

I haven't seen a panther yet and I am really hoping I don't. Because if I do I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to deal with that f***ing thing.

Back
Top Bottom