Florida bill could hand gun owners huge win, make the US a constitutional carry majority country

Reptile

NES Member

The legislation has the support of the NRA and the Florida Sheriff’s Association​

Florida lawmakers introduced legislation on Monday to allow people to carry a concealed firearm without having to get a government-issued permit – a move that could make the majority of U.S. states permitless-carry territory.

"Our right to bear arms, of course, is enshrined in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution," Republican state Rep. Chuck Brannan said a press conference in Tallahassee. "The bill that I will file later today continues to advance Second Amendment freedoms through legislation known as constitutional carry.

"I believe Floridians have the right to bear arms to protect themselves, their families and their property without government interference," he added. "This bill is a big step to help the average law-abiding citizen to keep from having to go through the hoops of getting a permit from the government to carry their weapons."

I'll have to research if I still need a FL Non-Res.
I have Utah, anyway so maybe not.

Motherf***er... i just applied for my ccw because ive been here 2 years and they couldnt pass this...f***ers
Should still be useful if any States have reciprocity with out of State licenses.

I too just got mine in October.

Happened with NY as well. Got my NH and like 6 months later they went constitutional.

Should still be useful if any States have reciprocity with out of State licenses.

Happened with NY as well. Got my NH and like 6 months later they went constitutional.
Yeah i know but still...f***ers

SC would be better as NC will honor a PA CCW. I took the class for SC two years ago, but for non residents you either need to live in a contiguous state or own property in SC.

We could form a corporation and buy a vacant lot which would qualify for SC.

Back on topic. DeSantis has said that he will sign a Constitutional Carry bill if the legislature sends one to him.

Cool, cool, cool.

Do NC next. It's been five years and I have to renew my $75 Concealed Weapon Permit

FL law currently has a wait period for buying guns. CCW holders are exempt for some reason.

Anyway, would be nice to see the wait period go away, get rid of the license and also make open carry law less retarded.

But this is FL so its required by law to be at least partially retarded.

FL law currently has a wait period for buying guns. CCW holders are exempt for some reason.

Anyway, would be nice to see the wait period go away, get rid of the license and also make open carry law less retarded.

Yeah i dont get it... they run the check and if you have a ccw you can go home that day with it..really weird

I wont need a Florida CCW anymore.

I have Utah.

Florida only gets me New Mexico now.

That waiting period without a CWP is at least 30 years old. Bought by first gun when I lived there in ~1993. I didn't have my permit yet, I forget if it was a 3 or 5 day wait.

That waiting period without a CWP is at least 30 years old. Bought by first gun when I lived there in ~1993. I didn't have my permit yet, I forget if it was a 3 or 5 day wait.

From what I am seeing here in FL most/alll of the mega retard FL stuff is old. The problem is FL locals are the king of "I don't know any better," ergo, they don't bother to change a lot of the insane government overreach/babysitting because locals simply just don't know any different and have zero interest to explore better options.

How deep into the nightmare bureaucracy swamp this goes is actually pretty interesting. It gets really, really insane in a few areas that I've found and I've only found them because I'm a subject matter expert in the field, know how most states do things and am able to pick apart and parse through the BS in these narrow fields. And what I found in these cases is probably illegal, despite it being "the law." I ended up at just about the top of the food chain for one of them and the people at the top can't even explain why the law/policy/rule is the way it is. They don't know. What we do know is it makes a lot of locals rich.

Things are changing for the better and that change is being driven by conservative transplants who've moved here entertainingly enough. The only antigun or non gun people in FL I've met are locals, also. Which furthers to continue the grand theory I have here.

Like another NESer says, FL is where NJ corruption meets southern charm. It's not a perfect way to describe it but it works good enough.

Last edited:

Po is crazy. She’s from newtown CT but moved t9 Florida a few years ago. She’s the president of newtown alliance, a gun control group. She’s been invited to the White House, congress, etc. she’s a far left nut who is unhinged. She blocked me on Twitter a few weeks ago so I don’t see her rants anymore. She’s flipping out about constitutional carry in Florida yet she was born and raised in Vermont and went to college there. She’s saying how dangerous constitutional carry is yet it wasn’t her first 22 plus years of life.

From what I am seeing here in FL most/alll of the mega retard FL stuff is old. The problem is FL locals are the king of "I don't know any better," ergo, they don't bother to change a lot of the insane government overreach/babysitting because locals simply just don't know any different and have zero interest to explore better options.

How deep into the nightmare bureaucracy swamp this goes is actually pretty interesting. It gets really, really insane in a few areas that I've found and I've only found them because I'm a subject matter expert in the field, know how most states do things and am able to pick apart and parse through the BS in these narrow fields. And what I found in these cases is probably illegal, despite it being "the law." I ended up at just about the top of the food chain for one of them and the people at the top can't even explain why the law/policy/rule is the way it is. They don't know. What we do know is it makes a lot of locals rich.

Things are changing for the better and that change is being driven by conservative transplants who've moved here entertainingly enough. The only antigun or non gun people in FL I've met are locals, also. Which furthers to continue the grand theory I have here.

Like another NESer says, FL is where NJ corruption meets southern charm. It's not a perfect way to describe it but it works good enough.
Florida propper also starts in ocala... don't lump us northern folks in with y'all

Considering the number of MA liberals who spend part of the year in FL, you could say Mass corruption with southern charm.

Of course I've also been told that the further south you travel in FL, thee further north you end up.

Considering the number of MA liberals who spend part of the year in FL, you could say Mass corruption with southern charm.

Of course I've also been told that the further south you travel in FL, thee further north you end up.
There are liberals coming and going but this part of FL has become so insanely conservatives that it's pushing the liberal snowbirds to other parts of the state, looks like over to the Ft Lauderdale area, etc.

Hell, I was at a renaissance fair with the kids on Saturday and the crowd broke out into a FJB chant [rofl]

Florida propper also starts in ocala... don't lump us northern folks in with y'all

You guys can keep that shit hole. It aint southern FL either. [rofl]

Motherf***er... i just applied for my ccw because ive been here 2 years and they couldnt pass this...f***ers
I hope they pass this. I tried twice for a Florida CCW permit. So far, no luck getting it. I was able to get a nonresident permit in NH and Maine with no problem at all, but Florida is not that easy, they screw you around something awful.

I hope they pass this. I tried twice for a Florida CCW permit. So far, no luck getting it. I was able to get a nonresident permit in NH and Maine with no problem at all, but Florida is not that easy, they screw you around something awful.
I live here so im hoping my journey is a little easier lol

I'm curious why/what difficulty you had trying to get the FL CCW. I don't know anyone nor heard of anyone having any problems getting it.

I'm curious why/what difficulty you had trying to get the FL CCW. I don't know anyone nor heard of anyone having any problems getting it.
From what I've heard they are notorious for playing games with finger prints. My wife had ro convert her RN to FL (one of the very few licenses FL allows to come from out of state) and the state was being insane about it.

Can you get you New York, New Jersey, and Cali license then?

And renew MA?

Back
Top Bottom