• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FN is finally getting their act together!

Hey, there's some false advertising going on here!

They used the same watermelon in BOTH videos!
Freeze frame at the 1:21 mark on the .45 video, and the 0:46 mark in the 10mm video, it's EXACTLY the same.
Were they too cheap to use two watermelons ???
So which gun did they actually use to kill the melon, the .45 or the 10mm ???

FN has just announced new striker-fired 10mm and 45! I was curious about FNX-45, but it's hammer fired, and I wanted a modern 10/45 in the striker-fired form that wasn't ugly or Glock. Behold!

If you have to suppress your 45........God help you.

Is there any trigger in a striker fired gun that doesn’t feel like crap compared to a hammer gun equivalent?

I may be to old to understand this love for striker fired pistols. I own a few, and have shot a ton more but none have impressed me with their triggers.

Whats the value here I’m missing?

(Sorry for the drift op)

Funny promo for the 45…could have been written by NES…”won two world wars”. I wonder how the trigger is. Reports of the death of the 45 has been greatly exaggerated. Nice to see..

Is there any trigger in a striker fired gun that doesn’t feel like crap compared to a hammer gun equivalent?

I may be to old to understand this love for striker fired pistols. I own a few, and have shot a ton more but none have impressed me with their triggers.

(Sorry for the drift op)

HK P7. Maybe not as nice as the trigger on the nicest hammer guns, but it’s better than most strikers.

(Sorry for the drift op)
I own nothing but Glocks for pistols (except a Ruger MKIV) and I have no love for striker fired. More like I'm ok with it and it does what it needs to do.

(Sorry for the drift op)
Am I the only one who doesn't particularly care if I'm using a Glock trigger or a 1911 trigger? As long as it's not very vague and sloppy with a lot of unnecessary travel, I don't mind it.

Reports of the death of the 45 has been greatly exaggerated. Nice to see..
.45 is not going anywhere, it's still very popular, especially in competitive shooting.

Am I the only one who doesn't particularly care if I'm using a Glock trigger or a 1911 trigger? As long as it's not very vague and sloppy with a lot of unnecessary travel, I don't mind it.

People on NES commonly view guns as much more than tools. Which is fine I suppose, however in terms of the actual intended use of the object most of the common concerns people spout out here are dumb. Looks? Who cares. Do people go to the hardware store and buy a hammer based off how it looks? I hope not. You'd think they buy it based off what they are going to use it for.

Glocks work. They are reasonably simple. Easy to maintain and usually have a minimum of problems. Also, they usually don't cost a ton of money outside the more "fancy" (MOS, 17L, 34, misc. rare models).

Is the trigger great? No. But it's a $550 gun. You pull trigger. Gun fires. People who want fancy triggers with a ton of work in them can go pay for that. Most people don't care and probably even more people wouldn't know the difference unless they were intentionally looking to find it.

If I had to choose between carrying open or concealed a 1911 or Glock there's not even a hint of hesitation.

(Sorry for the drift op)
If you want a fantastic trigger in a striker-fired gun, get a Timney for Glocks. Holy cow! All other triggers(ex. Apex) are garbage compared to it.

That's like $60 in 10mm
10mm is trivial to reload. Unlike 9mm, it is a straight wall cartridge, and it shares the same dies as the 40S&W. The bullets are plentiful and cheap, thanks to 40S&W. If re-using brass, 10mm can be reloaded for the price of the cheapest 9mm ammo. In other words, 10mm is an ideal candidate for reloading!

Care to expand? Poor quality, something else?

FN is often tone deaf. Like I'm sure it might be better now, but 6 months ago the 509? whatever has literally the shittiest trigger ive ever used on a striker fired handgun, only thing worse is a smegma or something like that, although that Beretta APX or whatever it is is pretty close. It's literally crunchy and breaks poorly. And worse yet, you can't easily fix it yourself like with a Glock, M&P, etc. The right thing would have been for them to recall it and fix the guns.

The real curses though.... Poor / nonexistent aftermarket support. (Recoil spring breaks 2 days before a competition? Good luck getting a replacement. ) Poor parts/accessories support. If they really wanted people to buy those things in droves they need to "coat the earth" with stuff and make sure dealers have it. And get magazines that arent retarded in cost or obscure etc. I can go into a gun shop and find personnel who will tell you in depth knowledge of a glock, sig, or even SW M&P trigger system and get you to an outcome
you like. The same cannot be said for FN. Part of the staying power of bigs like Glock or Sig is that their stuff is EVERYWHERE and people to work on their stuff is everywhere. I can make a few phone calls and get glock parts locally if I needed them rapidly. Sig not as good but its at least possible. Want to grab a few extra mags while hitting up gun shops? Glock and Sig- people will have their shit in stock. You can just buy it off the peg. Even CZ stuff is easier to get. (like I know 2 or 3 shops I can nearly be assured I'll find P10 magazines in, not so much with FN. )

Also holsters. I can find a wider variety of holster manufacturers that will make holsters in a half dozen or more styles for a glock or sig product. FN? good luck with that.

Of course some skinflint going to go "but myke you can just buy it onlyne" when you needed it yesterday that doesn't work out so hot.

Also there is another thing, which shouldn't matter but does. How committed are they to a model? You look at the bigs, they dont dump product or very slowly. The fact that FN
dumps something like the FNS in like what, 10 years? tells me they don't believe in their own product. It's a bad look. From a marketing POV they obviously suck at that
too. They get like one PD to use their handguns (I think its in SC somewhere) but they literally have to just give them the guns because nobody will pay for them. This speaks
volumes.

10mm is trivial to reload. Unlike 9mm, it is a straight wall cartridge, and it shares the same dies as the 40S&W. The bullets are plentiful and cheap, thanks to 40S&W. If re-using brass, 10mm can be reloaded for the price of the cheapest 9mm ammo. In other words, 10mm is an ideal candidate for reloading!
I wouldnt be thrilled about using reloads for carry though. farting around at the range for sure. But if Im farting around at the range im going to want 9x19 anyway.

I wouldnt be thrilled about using reloads for carry though. farting around at the range for sure. But if Im farting around at the range im going to want 9x19 anyway.
Of course, reloads for personal carry is something most folks are not comfortable with, regardless of caliber. For that purpose, one buys a box of defensive rounds. That said, let's be honest here: 99.9999% of the ammo you will be shooting during your lifetime will be range ammo.

Of course, reloads for personal carry is something most folks are not comfortable with, regardless of caliber. For that purpose, one buys a box of defensive rounds. That said, let's be honest here: 99.9999% of the ammo you will be shooting during your lifetime will be range ammo.
Maybe its just me being a puss bag, probably is. The days of me killing myself with 340PDs and other stuff are over. My delicate office hands want that smooth 9mm [rofl]

It will fail commercially just like most of the rest of their handguns.
manfaceaua.jpg

Back
Top Bottom