• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FNX45

yes I dig the HK45. sold the compact model but kept the full size. my only issue was my trigger finger would occasionally engage the mag release on L side of the pistol. this occurred while firing. the mag would drop. i thought at first it was a defective mag retention but it was my fat finger. i installed the larger backstrap to increase the grip size and the issue disappeared.

Thanks. I feel like stuck in Mass, the HK45 makes more sense, the 1.5x stack means a thinner grip than FNX45, but you get the same 10 round capacity.

But I bought mine when they had $200 rebates. $950 for a handgun is kinda ridiculous.

Hooray for poor decision making! Also hooray for the Gun parlor...was my first time there and I had an excellent experience. They replaced all 3 of the standard capacity mags with 10rd MA cripplemags which was nice...well...in context it was nice. [wink] Had planned on Black but I'm kind of glad they only had the dark earth in stock...something different from every other gun I own. There's a special on to get a free rail mounted light from Streamlight, which makes nice stuff. I gotta file for that right away.

My next challenge is to find an OWB holster. Leaning towards the Alien Gear Cloak Side OWB. Looks nice and has the advantage of being extremely cheap, which is a requirement since the likelihood of me carrying this enormous thing anywhere but the range is pretty much nil.

Took it to the range yesterday and shot...horribly. Haha. Gotta get some .45 snap caps to practice with and to mix in to the mag to demonstrate how badly I am flinching (everything was low). Despite my terrible results the recoil was not bad at all.

Someday, hopefully sooner than later, I will live in NH. First order of business will be to get a can and real magazines.

IMG_20161030_143941.jpg

Do you find the grip to be flexible? I'm looking into buying an FNX series pistol but am worried that the grip will be to flexible. I've read a lot on the FN forums but those posts were about a year old, and was wondering if they've made the polymer harder recently.

Do you find the grip to be flexible? I'm looking into buying an FNX series pistol but am worried that the grip will be to flexible. I've read a lot on the FN forums but those posts were about a year old, and was wondering if they've made the polymer harder recently.

Lol. The last one I played with was not as squishy as the one you are talking about in that video. Then again I didn't leave the shop's pistol out in the sun, either. [laugh]

-Mike

Huh.....I mean....didn't seem squishy to me, though I wasn't really looking out for that! :) Seemed like any other poly framed gun, though this is the first poly pistol I've actually owned so maybe I'm not as sensitive.

Huh.....I mean....didn't seem squishy to me, though I wasn't really looking out for that! :) Seemed like any other poly framed gun, though this is the first poly pistol I've actually owned so maybe I'm not as sensitive.

There's a youtube video where a guy takes an FNX and leaves it in the sun for a few minutes and the magwell ends up being wicked flexible to the point where it feels like it changed the way the gun works. Supposedly he sent his gun back and got a new one and it is much more rigid than the old one.

update video:

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

If you haven't noticed anything than that's the answer I was looking for, Thanks

Hooray for poor decision making! Also hooray for the Gun parlor...was my first time there and I had an excellent experience. They replaced all 3 of the standard capacity mags with 10rd MA cripplemags which was nice...well...in context it was nice. [wink] Had planned on Black but I'm kind of glad they only had the dark earth in stock...something different from every other gun I own. There's a special on to get a free rail mounted light from Streamlight, which makes nice stuff. I gotta file for that right away.

My next challenge is to find an OWB holster. Leaning towards the Alien Gear Cloak Side OWB. Looks nice and has the advantage of being extremely cheap, which is a requirement since the likelihood of me carrying this enormous thing anywhere but the range is pretty much nil.

Took it to the range yesterday and shot...horribly. Haha. Gotta get some .45 snap caps to practice with and to mix in to the mag to demonstrate how badly I am flinching (everything was low). Despite my terrible results the recoil was not bad at all.

Someday, hopefully sooner than later, I will live in NH. First order of business will be to get a can and real magazines.

View attachment 181145

Nice! Do you plan to put a red dot on it? I have an RMR on mine and love it. Perfectly co-witnesses with the iron sights. I keep meaning to get a suppressor for mine but when the funds are available, I always end up with a new gun instead!

I really like mine, had some issues with it at excruciathlon after i jammed it full of mud, but i dont really hate on it for that, most guns would have done the same.

I love how it shoots, holds, points, the trigger, everything. I HATE sa/da but the fnx45 makes it bearable.

My only complaint with the gun is that they dont make one the exact same size and style in 9mm. I think an FNX9 tactical would be a major player in the handgun world, unfortunately i dont think FN sees it.

View attachment 181145
You should read this, it's a great zombie series, and the protagonist at one point in book 1 or 2 finds an FX-45 and starts carrying it. Can't remember if he had a can.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H27GOVS/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

There's a youtube video where a guy takes an FNX and leaves it in the sun for a few minutes and the magwell ends up being wicked flexible to the point where it feels like it changed the way the gun works. Supposedly he sent his gun back and got a new one and it is much more rigid than the old one.

If that's the case, how did it pass Mass Compliance testing, isn't a temperature resistance test part of the criteria ???

If that's the case, how did it pass Mass Compliance testing, isn't a temperature resistance test part of the criteria ???

Never said it was an endemic design flaw, that guy probably just got a one off gun with bad plastic. If the samples the test lab gets are good, then it gets certified.

-Mike

-Mike

Oh wow! LOL

Must just have been a bad one...that's pretty crazy!!

Nice! Do you plan to put a red dot on it? I have an RMR on mine and love it. Perfectly co-witnesses with the iron sights. I keep meaning to get a suppressor for mine but when the funds are available, I always end up with a new gun instead!

Yea, 100%. My next purchase was really going to be the S&W Performance Center 1911 but part of what sucked me in was the fact that it was ready to accept a red dot.

I finally built the ARs I wanted and am just starting to fool with optics. I love the Trijicon MRO I have on one of them so I was like, "hey maybe having this on a pistol isn't such a bad idea..." :)

I just picked one up today. Steve at MFS gave me a deal too good to pass up.
View attachment 181339
That's a beauty! Is that the tactical? I bought a standard FNX-45 on Saturday and it comes in a hard case. I'm in what seems like the now mandatory 3-day waiting period. I pick it up on Thursday when my delay wait ends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That's a beauty! Is that the tactical? I bought a standard FNX-45 on Saturday and it comes in a hard case. I'm in what seems like the now mandatory 3-day waiting period. I pick it up on Thursday when my delay wait ends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Nice! Yes mine is the tactical. Just need to save up for a rmr now. And for the people wondering about flexing magwells, mine is just as stiff as my gen4 g19.

"Honey, look what followed me home. Can we keep it?"

20161103_095324.jpg

Last edited:
For all the non believers out there, now you know why companies in general will not warrant a pistol problem arising out of the use of handloads. After reading this diatribe, I don't blame them. Beretta got into a six digit lawsuit some years back arising out of handloads used in a 92fs.

This thread makes me cringe.

I chased an FNX Tactical in this state ever since they were rumored for release in early 2012. Finally tracked one down in 2013-2014 in this state after CONSTANT research. Actually got it at a fair price, but all the work that went into it makes me shudder when i walked into Four Seasons and there were 3 in the counter. Used to be my unicorn and was proud of having one of the few I've seen around here. Not so much anymore.

I've been on the fence about picking one of these up for months now. It kills me that there is actually a polymer 45 that can handle 15+1 and it gets neutered down to 10. A tactical model with a red dot and a suppressor would be a kick-ass home defense gun, but again massachusetts!
I am on the fence between this or a P220 as my next 45 pistol purchase.

My daughter loves my FNX45. She has already called dibs on it for her 21st birthday. It is a great shooter. Very steady. And she is supper accurate with it. The size is sure to make a scumbag crap his drawz if she ever has to pull it out in defense. After she takes it I'll replace it with the FNX45 Tactical. Hopefully by then suppressors will be off the NFA list :D.
Hard to count the 30 qualification holes in the target she shot. 10 each from 3/5/7 yards. :D
Kelin_45ACP_target.jpg

Almost picked one up a few weeks back when MFS was running a good sale on them. Kind of regret not picking one up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk