For all the empty chamber guys

Maybe, maybe not. If he was pressing the trigger instead of trying to rack his odds would have been better.

The way that guy handled things he’d probably have shot himself or his kid if he pressed the trigger. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for carrying w one in the pipe but I think this guy was beyond help.

You have to weigh the odds. What are the odds the few seconds will matter vs the odds my 5 year old will find my condition 2 handgun. I’ll take the risk until he’s old enough for gun safety lessons.

In another state he’d probably be old enough, but in Mass you gotta expect he’ll talk about dad’s gun at school and cops will come with their newly minted red flag law.

You have to weigh the odds. What are the odds the few seconds will matter vs the odds my 5 year old will find my condition 2 handgun. I’ll take the risk until he’s old enough for gun safety lessons.

In another state he’d probably be old enough, but in Mass you gotta expect he’ll talk about dad’s gun at school and cops will come with their newly minted red flag law.

srs.jpg

Let me guess, you're one of those guys that would let a garbage truck roll downhill into the nitroglycerine plant just to watch the explosion?

OR...

You're actually serious, and if so...
harvey.jpg

massimo.jpg

Let me guess, you're one of those guys that would let a garbage truck roll downhill into the nitroglycerine plant just to watch the explosion?

Not my circus not my monkey?

I agree though, if you're that worried about your kid lock it up, but there's no reason to be hanging around a gas station convenience store unchambered.

Not my circus not my monkey?

I agree though, if you're that worried about your kid lock it up, but there's no reason to be hanging around a gas station convenience store unchambered.

Yeah the extra 5 seconds might not be a big deal to you until you need it. But in house that's your prerogative. No reason to leave the house without one in the pipe and specially no reason to work at a high stakes job and pull it with out one

If it were me in this guys situation, knowing that I would have to manually chamber a round with the other guys gun already out and ready I probably would have just complied. There just isn’t enough time if you already have a gun pointed at you to draw your weapon, rack the slide, and pull the trigger. Only way I would have changed it is if I thought that the guys were going to kill us anyway.

Me personally, I carry with one in the chamber. If it is holstered and on me it is under my direct control with very little chance that anyone else can pull the trigger. If it is not on me that is a whole different situation.

Maybe, maybe not. If he was pressing the trigger instead of trying to rack his odds would have been better.

Sort of like if you buy two lottery tickets you have twice as good a chance of winning. Can't argue with that. He should have had one in the pipe. Can't argue with that, either. But now that we have that out of the way, I like neither his execution nor his tactics facing multiple armed attackers. I don't think the outcome changes much when you tweak the circumstances by putting a round in the chamber and resetting the scenario. He might get one.

Last edited:
I like neither his execution nor his tactics facing multiple armed attackers.

I agree with this completely. The problem is I don’t think he assessed the situation at all. From the start of the video it looked like he was just waiting for his moment. Almost like because he knew he had a concealed firearm his decision was made already without any thought to how it would actually go down and the fact he was at an extreme disadvantage with two armed assailants without having a round chambered himself.

He was shuffling his feet the whole time and very fidgety. I do however like the fact he tried to throw his wallet to the ground which would have caused the perp to bend over to pick it up leaving an opportunity for him to draw. However, it’s almost like the perp knew and grabbed the wallet before he could throw it. This tells me these guys probably weren’t rookies and that alone would throw huge red flags as to my next actions.

If it's on your body and under your full control, why would you not carry cocked and locked/condition 1??? Racking a slide, especially under those conditons, is a recipe for disaster as shown in that video.

Last edited:
He was at a big tactical disadvantage either way. Arms length proximity to the perps and pistol holstered underneath an apron. Let's not forget the root cause of the problem here is the two animals who shot father and son multiple times, I assume. Poor guy, a terrible way to go.

Now where’s that video of that cop bending over and getting shot in the groin by his holstered ‘condition 1’ Glock? [troll]

I never chamber a round at the house. At work if I had a convenience or liquor store? Hell yeah.

Your 5 year old has been old enough for safety lessons for like.......4 years.

The best video was posted by Derek years ago. Owner of a jewelry store is shot to death trying to chamber a round.
Maybe someone can find it.

I think 5 years old is plenty old enough to teach kids about safety. Shooting really depends on the individual kid. My son started shooting with a single shot pellet gun at 5. He used to stand on a milk crate and rest the rifle on the deck railing. He also started to recite the safety rules. He got his first 22 rifle at 6. One daughter did not shoot until she was 11 and my youngest is 15 now and has no interest in shooting.

But all of them learned about firearms safety as soon as they were old enough to understand "NO". As in " NO! Don't put your hand on a hot stove!" or "No, Don't put a fork in an electrical outlet!"
I think they teach kids "stop, drop and roll" and "stranger danger" in pre-school and kindergarten.

Carry gun, nightstand gun, shit hits the fan rifle, all have one in the pipe and spare magazines handy. All are secure and kids taught not to play with guns. More worried about other peoples guns than mine. Guys that take firearms seriously are not the issue. It's the guy that doesn't, that keeps a gun in a shoebox in his bedroom closet that you have to worry about. He thinks his kid will never find it. He is wrong.

I respect your post in the past and agrred with some, but there is a lot of fail in you statement. The few second Nd vs five year old will find in con 2. As others have pointed out...seriously. And guess what, if your son finds your gun and says so in school, you are red flagged.

Hell, if you take him to the range and he says something at school, odds are better than even you are red flagged.

Proper and continuous training would make a huge difference

And having a round in the chamber would make an even bigger difference.

When a criminal just about has the drop on you, any delay is a disadvantage and usually fatal.

Keep your self defense gun loaded, chambered and ready at hand. ALWAYS.

ALL GOVERNMENTS CAN SHOVE THEIR "SAFE STORAGE LAWS" UP THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES AS FAR AS THEIR ARM WILL REACH.

When a criminal just about has the drop on you, any delay is a disadvantage and usually fatal.

ALL GOVERNMENTS CAN SHOVE THEIR "SAFE STORAGE LAWS" UP THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES AS FAR AS THEIR ARM WILL REACH.
I agree with u on storage laws but I also have young kids so I obviously lock my shit up. Train how u are going to fight. For example: since I was 17 years old on the rifle range at Parris Island I was taught weapon on safe until ready to fire. So for me, I have a manual safety on my carry piece. I have and still do train relentlessly with my carry weapon and drawing, manipulating safety, shooting. I’ve got that whole process down to just over a second. If the bad guy is faster than that then it looks like it’s the big bingo in the sky for me. There are way more incidents with jackasses shooting themselves while carrying with 1 in the pipe. Proper equipment and training will do you just fine.

Believe me I have nothing against carrying in condition 1. Go with what works for you and train,train,train.

Look at the time stamps, GGWAG pulls his at ~:25. He's not down and out of the fight until after ~:33. He was either fiddling with his gun or getting shot for almost 7 seconds. Even inaccurate response is better than no response and I can put a ton of response down range in 7-10 seconds.

Unless you are just a fan of one the the dumbest things the Israeli's do, there's no argument to carry a paperweight around.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda is too late for this guy, he paid a hard lesson for us to learn from.

Look at the time stamps, GGWAG pulls his at ~:25. He's not down and out of the fight until after ~:33. He was either fiddling with his gun or getting shot for almost 7 seconds. Even inaccurate response is better than no response and I can put a ton of response down range in 7-10 seconds.

Unless you are just a fan of one the the dumbest things the Israeli's do, there's no argument to carry a paperweight around.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda is too late for this guy, he paid a hard lesson for us to learn from.
Getting shot really messes up your response. Similar reaction was seen of the Indian jeweler video mentioned in one of the posts above.

It’s why the FBI study of perps who shot or killed cops practiced to get first shot out as quickly as possible, a shot on non-critical area, even the noise made by a missed shot, produces tactical and psychological advantage.

Another possibility is injured hand: if one of your hand is injured it makes chambering difficult if not entirely impossible. There was a thread on Arfcom, that the good guy was having trouble getting shots off his 1911 because his hand was shot by perp and he couldn’t squeeze the gun hard enough to disengage the grip safety.

Back
Top Bottom