For all you Glock apologists...

I held a early on Gen4 in JAN. I dont remember its grip really, but I do remember thinking the RTF1 was more aggressive.

it is a bit more aggressive. For me the Gen4 one is perfect, in betwen the Gen3 stuff and the RTF1. I love my Gen4 G17.

Last fall I took a G17 down for a closer look that was hanging on the wall @ FS. The previous owner had wrapped the grip in 2" black friction tape like you would to the blade of a hockey stick. It looked stupid but it felt great in my hand. I went home and went at it with my G26, similar to Derek's link. It worked pretty well and you really had to look close to see that it was tape. The downside was anywhere it rubbed my skin it was raw by the end of the day. I might try those rubber grips.

The downside was anywhere it rubbed my skin it was raw by the end of the day. I might try those rubber grips.

Yeah, if you use skateboard tape or Talon Grips you basically need to wear an undershirt if you carry IWB. It's either that, or hike up your boxers. Personally I find the pros outweigh the cons.

Last fall I took a G17 down for a closer look that was hanging on the wall @ FS. The previous owner had wrapped the grip in 2" black friction tape like you would to the blade of a hockey stick. It looked stupid but it felt great in my hand. I went home and went at it with my G26, similar to Derek's link. It worked pretty well and you really had to look close to see that it was tape. The downside was anywhere it rubbed my skin it was raw by the end of the day. I might try those rubber grips.

this is why i sold my Gen 2 Glock 22. it was like a bar of soap in my hands.

Get a Gen 3. those rubber grips slide up or down during shooting.. their a b#$%^ to get on too! even wet!

I had the Hogue rubber grips on my Glock 17 & 22 and I didn't like the palm swell at all , so I tried the grip tape and love it, much thinner much better grip I bought one for my XD too.

Grip-This.jpg

IMG_2424.jpg

I held a early on Gen4 in JAN. I dont remember its grip really, but I do remember thinking the RTF1 was more aggressive.

It is. That's why I went with the 17 Gen 4 vs the 19 RTF they had in the shop. The original RTF is too aggressive for me. There needs to be a little bit of slip to move your hand around as you get a grip.

That's why my wheelguns all have slick (no checkering) stocks.

maybe is hands were covered in KY for some as yet unmentioned reason? [thinking]

I think you have something here. After all, he did say he was beating off all the Western Division Marine Snipers. I mean you need something to help you with that.

Get a Houge and be done with it if holding a plastic gun makes your palm sweat. Sheesh!

[wink] see post 17

depending on hand size and rounds per session, those are useless.

there is a reason the gun stores ALWAYS have them in stock for less than $10 usd [rofl]

Yeah, a G19 RTF I've had some experience with is like holding onto a cheese grater, only better...that gun isn't slipping even IF my hands were sweaty, covered in KY, and had just accidentally used Ben Stiller's hair gel...[wink] [laugh]

Derek, I'll tell you what I tell old people- It's not my fault or my problem that you can't change with the times.

:D

Back
Top Bottom