For all you Glock fans out there. Say good by to Gen 4 production

All the Glock production from Gen3 to Gen1 no longer has patent protection

Glock changes the design just a C hair and they get 20 years of patent protection

That is why all the P80 stuff is to Gen3 , they can't copy the Gen4 or Gen5 designs without patent infringement

Well, yes, mostly, but in a realistic sense it makes the most sense, as Gen3 is going to have the widest level of parts compatibility.
[rofl]

I think the biggest difference is the barrel, specifically its rifling.

But, here's a decent article: Glock 19 Gen 4 vs Gen 5 Comparison :: Guns.com

I just acquired a G43X, and I had my G43 (gen 4), on the bench at the same time. I noticed that the slide's slightly different, the front of it's "beveled" on the new gun, and the finish is different.View attachment 371087

Yes, although strictly speaking things like 42/43/43x/48 are sort of their own thing, but Glock is making subtle changes to a lot of guns, but there are subvariants within Gen5,
even. For example I have two 19 Gen5s, one has forward serrations on it, the other one doesn't. The one without FCS has the exaggerated magwell cut on the front.

I should never have sold my Gen4 G19 when I bought my Gen5. I still have my Gen3 thou.

There are still metric tons of gen4s around, although with the demand on 19s in general this year being off the wall, not sure how long they will last.

speaking of my Gen3 I need to replace the night sights.

I've been digging the Trijicon HDs I put one of my Gen 5s. I have regular Trij NS on the old G19, they're still bright even after 11 years, usually they start to fade by now...

Ameriglo makes a Trij HD knockoff that comes factory on some Glocks that is pretty damned closed to the Trijicon option, might be slightly cheaper.

I've been digging the Trijicon HDs I put one of my Gen 5s. I have regular Trij NS on the old G19, they're still bright even after 11 years, usually they start to fade by now...

Ameriglo makes a Trij HD knockoff that comes factory on some Glocks that is pretty damned closed to the Trijicon option, might be slightly cheaper.
just ordered the Truglo TFX pro's from Midway. I bought my Gen5 with the Ameriglo's installed. I have a Gen3 22 and 23 and decided to switch to 9mm a few years ago. Randy at the Mill had a Gen3 complete upper's for the Gen3's 17/19 so I bought them but they had standard sights. So I have a Gen3 17/22 and a 19/23.

I just acquired a G43X, and I had my G43 (gen 4), on the bench at the same time. I noticed that the slide's slightly different, the front of it's "beveled" on the new gun, and the finish is different.View attachment 371087
Is the lower pistol's front sight canted to the left for coriolis force?
Do you have to swap the slide in the Southern Hemisphere?
Asking for a Peruvian operator...

Is the lower pistol's front sight canted to the left for coriolis force?
Do you have to swap the slide in the Southern Hemisphere?
Asking for a Peruvian operator...

just a crappy picture, sight's actually straight.
although i must admit that I just checked it after reading your comment...

send it out for stippling and you can sell it as a customized gen 4. probably double your money.
Add a colored barrel (with a cool design for improved aerodynamics) + colored mag release and pins.

+10 to customization
+ 15 accuracy
+ 30 gangster
+ 150% on resale price
+ 3 p@ssy magnet
+ 57 bro magnet

Last edited:
just a crappy picture, sight's actually straight.
although i must admit that I just checked it after reading your comment...
(It really looked skew to me. Coincidentally, the sight itself seemed utterly parallel
with the image frame, so by scrolling the pane I really could see an angle wrt. the frame).

Although if you're just using the 2D light pipe dot at the aft end of the sight,
it wouldn't necessarily matter, would it...

Back
Top Bottom